THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 Mock Drafts

darren15

Your score is: 24527 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1:  Darnold, Sam, QB, Southern California (A)
Round 1 Pick 4:  Chubb, Bradley, DE, North Carolina State (A)
Round 2 Pick 11 (N.E.):  Guice, Derrius, RB, LSU (A)
Round 2 Pick 22 (K.C.):  Reid, Justin, FS, Stanford (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31 (N.E.):  Jackson, Donte, CB, LSU (A)
Round 3 Pick 9 (MIA):  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (A)
Round 3 Pick 14 (K.C.):  Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist (A)
Round 3 Pick 22 (K.C.):  Settle, Tim, DT, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 4 Pick 14:  Edmunds, Terrell, SS, Virginia Tech (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23 (MIA):  Cole, Mason, C/OT, Michigan (A+)
Round 4 Pick 30 (MIA):  Leonard, Darius, OLB/ILB, South Carolina State (A)
Round 5 Pick 22:  Hearn, Taylor, OG, Clemson (A)
Round 6 Pick 1:  Nelson, Nick, CB, Wisconsin (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Young, Kenny, ILB, UCLA (A+)

Your Future Picks: 
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Round 1 Pick 1:  Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4:  Mayfield, Baker, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1:  Price, Billy, C/OG, Ohio State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 3:  Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (B+)
Round 2 Pick 32:  Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (A)
Round 4 Pick 14:  Brown, Orlando, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22:  Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1:  Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Wims, Javon, WR, Georgia (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

What are you guys using for your mock draft scenarios? website?

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the fumbling issue. Of all things a RB can solve, fumbling is one of them. I'm not saying to completely discredit it, but on the pecking order it is much lower than most things, IMOP

36 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

What are you guys using for your mock draft scenarios? website?

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the fumbling issue. Of all things a RB can solve, fumbling is one of them. I'm not saying to completely discredit it, but on the pecking order it is much lower than most things, IMOP

Same attitude was applied when drafting Corey Coleman.  You see time and time again why that doesn't work out.  

16 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I have no idea what the statistics are but have the Browns ever picked their first round draft choice to the complete surprise of the consensus mock draft community? I mean what are the odds they do not take Sam darnold?

WSS

I am sure they probably have.  We have had some goofy effers making picks.

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Love me a trade down with BUF, but not without the #22 as well as the #12. Plus I can't see them interested enough in Mayfield to move up. I mean they just ditched the similarly styled Tyrod.

As for the CBS draft for us: 1.01 Allen, 1.12 Vea, 1.30 Connor Williams, 2.01 Ronnie Harrison, 2.32 James Washington... my TV would not survive the first night and my PC would not survive Night 2...

57 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Love me a trade down with BUF, but not without the #22 as well as the #12. Plus I can't see them interested enough in Mayfield to move up. I mean they just ditched the similarly styled Tyrod.

As for the CBS draft for us: 1.01 Allen, 1.12 Vea, 1.30 Connor Williams, 2.01 Ronnie Harrison, 2.32 James Washington... my TV would not survive the first night and my PC would not survive Night 2...

Ha

and everything remain the same save for Rosen at number 1?

WSS

31 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Ha....  and everything remain the same save for Rosen at number 1?

While that would help, I think they'd still both be goners...

Besides there not being enough apparent value in the trade... Vea doesn't help our pass rush... Williams will be eclipsed by at least three OTs in next year's draft; trading up for him would be a panic move on par with Wheezy... Harrison is duplicitous... Washington? Simply not high on my list..

It's an unremarkable collection of prospects.

McShay has whiney rosen dropping out of the top ten players drafted. All of rosen's damage control - his personality and all is extremely inaccurate....

15 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

McShay has whiney rosen dropping out of the top ten players drafted. All of rosen's damage control - his personality and all is extremely inaccurate....

What's the date on this? They're still talking about bringing in AJ McCarron and that ship has sailed.

WSS

March 5th, I think. Doesn't change the opinion, though. Of course Rosen has been doing desperate damage control,

but red flags are red flags.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

March 5th, I think. Doesn't change the opinion, though. Of course Rosen has been doing desperate damage control,

but red flags are red flags.

Sure they are. But that's a month ago and this story is about people's stock rising and falling. I think Baker Mayfield has gained quite a bit of ground in the last month. So has Cannon Allen.

WSS

Oh, I know. But some are still going back to Josh Allen's high school days.... so I don't care that

the stories are in March. lol

I do believe it's Sam Darnold - by far the safest pick of all the qb's. I just think Allen will be better than the rest in the NFL . ....eventually. For the Browns - it's Darnold or Allen, in that order.

There are at least 4 OTs in next year's draft that will be more highly coveted than Conner Williams... more if a couple underclass declare.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

There are at least 4 OTs in next year's draft that will be more highly coveted than Conner Williams... more if a couple underclass declare.

I agree. This class is weakest in OTs, LBs and edge rushers.

Archived