THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 Mock Drafts

darren15

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well....he was a Dorsey draft pick...no?   So...you never know....though his has some age on him, no?

yes he is 35 but if he is fit enough.....how old is Peppers ?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So...he would not be a Dorsey pick if he is that old.

And what does Peppers have to do with it?

Similar age and he did OK last season ......

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Oh....you must mean Julius Peppers.... Julius is probably older even....like 38.

yep Julius Pepper is 38 but still a freak of nature..JP had 11 sacks.. only starting 5 games last season at Panthers..My 3 daughters all graduated from his HS. Southern Nash High School near Wilson,NC. Maybe more illegal HS tampering;) but JP transferred from Fike HS to Southern as only a Track Star.Southern's football coach Ray Davis had to talk JP into playing football. JP was a RB with 3500 yards & 46 TD's & played DL.JP still holds HS school records as a sprinter in men's 4X400 relay team,triple jump & high jump..Ray Davis has a line "god just did not make enough long armed DE's like JB" he's right, specially the ones that are 6'7"285 that can burn a 40 at 4.68 

#1- Saquon no matter what. 

#4- Best Quarterback for the Future.

In this situation we are drafting for both the "here and NOW" and also for "the future". It's a "win/win" situation but because of Cleveland insatiable appetite for the QB position we find ourselves in quite a "making a mountain out of a mole hill" discussion. 

9 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

In this situation we are drafting for both the "here and NOW" and also for "the future". It's a "win/win" situation but because of Cleveland insatiable appetite for the QB position we find ourselves in quite a "making a mountain out of a mole hill" discussion. 

Can't agree with you there. We've already rolled the dice taking the 4th or 5th quarterback. How did that turn out? I figured if there's a guy they want just fukking take him. If Barkley is there at 4 great. If not there are plenty of good running backs to be had later. 

WSS

2 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Can't agree with you there. We've already rolled the dice taking the 4th or 5th quarterback. How did that turn out? I figured if there's a guy they want just fukking take him. If Barkley is there at 4 great. If not there are plenty of good running backs to be had later. 

WSS

There are good running backs later, sure. But we're talking Jim Brown special type running back. You don't pass on that or take a chance two other teams will say, nah as well. If anything I see a team jumping up in the draft to take Barkley before the Browns at 4. Teams that are just a RB away. He's a sure fire blue chipper and just like Garrett last year- you take what the football gods give you and you don't try to turn a frog into a prince instead. 

As much as you guys want one of these QBs to be The Guy, nobody is sure who is THE GUY this draft, well not any QBs anyway, every GM and Scout will tell you it's the RB this year. 

Dorsey made it clear when he was hired that QB was top priority , he has no option with the 1st pick. It will be a QB ,so he has till draft day to figure which one. Tyrod Taylor will serve as the starter this year given Uncle Fester a quality QB that’s mobile, strong arm, doesn’t turn the ball over , and should work well with the new additions and should be able to win right out of the gate. Uncle Fester will have a very short leash if he doesn’t win he’s gone. Seeing the cost of starting QBs through free agency Dorsey made a brilliant move with Taylor knowing he can pick his QB at #1 to sit and learn for a year. A guy like Josh Allen would benefit most in this situation. 

1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

Dorsey made it clear when he was hired that QB was top priority , he has no option with the 1st pick. It will be a QB ,so he has till draft day to figure which one. Tyrod Taylor will serve as the starter this year given Uncle Fester a quality QB that’s mobile, strong arm, doesn’t turn the ball over , and should work well with the new additions and should be able to win right out of the gate. Uncle Fester will have a very short leash if he doesn’t win he’s gone. Seeing the cost of starting QBs through free agency Dorsey made a brilliant move with Taylor knowing he can pick his QB at #1 to sit and learn for a year. A guy like Josh Allen would benefit most in this situation. 

No amount of waiting has ever improved any QB's accuracy. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't.:wacko:

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

What in effing hell makes you think that we don't already know your opinion.   No need to repeat it  one hundred gazillion times. 

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

There are good running backs later, sure. But we're talking Jim Brown special type running back. You don't pass on that or take a chance two other teams will say, nah as well. If anything I see a team jumping up in the draft to take Barkley before the Browns at 4. Teams that are just a RB away. He's a sure fire blue chipper and just like Garrett last year- you take what the football gods give you and you don't try to turn a frog into a prince instead. 

As much as you guys want one of these QBs to be The Guy, nobody is sure who is THE GUY this draft, well not any QBs anyway, every GM and Scout will tell you it's the RB this year. 

Or....more likely...he is a Curtis Enis type running back.

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

yep Julius Pepper is 38 but still a freak of nature..JP had 11 sacks..

Missed the boat there. JP opposite MG? And a mentor/teacher to boot? Would have been a nice investment...

23 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No amount of waiting has ever improved any QB's accuracy. You either have it or you don't. He doesn't.:wacko:

Let’s see here , looks like Tyrod Taylor had a 57% completion at Virginia Tech and 62% in the NFL , so based on your comments Tyrod must not have it either 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-land-josh-rosen-after-trade-cardinals-move-up-for-qb/

I kind of agree with his concerns about Sam darnold but worried a little bit more about Josh Allen. I would think if you want a good arm and accuracy Baker Mayfield might just be your guy. But anyway doesn't it seem like a bad deal to trade for 4 down 11 spots for a middle third and a middle fourth pick? One of you value experts got a grip on that one?

Unless we also get next year's number one...

WSS

Why, in the back of my mind do I see the likes of Mike Phipps, Brandon Weeden and DeShone Kizer when think about Allen?   

I honestly do not know who may turn out to be the best QB of this bunch of prospects...it could very well be that Cal is right....that Allen will be the second coming of Elway.  If we take him....I certainly hope that would be true.   But why do I think it would be more like the guys in that top line?

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-jets-land-josh-rosen-after-trade-cardinals-move-up-for-qb/

I kind of agree with his concerns about Sam darnold but worried a little bit more about Josh Allen. I would think if you want a good arm and accuracy Baker Mayfield might just be your guy. But anyway doesn't it seem like a bad deal to trade for 4 down 11 spots for a middle third and a middle fourth pick? One of you value experts got a grip on that one?

Feels light as well here, Steve, but if you are not crazy about the value of the options at #4 vs. who you think at #15, then anything added is gravy. A trade to #15 that still nets us Denzel Ward works for me. I actually have him as the best CB in the Draft and in the mix, if we pick at #4 overall.

Of course nothing we do in the rest of the Draft matters if we blow our 1st overall on Josh Allen... :o

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

With a trade like that....you, in theory...could have QBs go in the FIRST 5 picks!!.  Like this say:

Browns take a guy they need...Lets just say Darnold

Giants take a QBOTF:   lets say Rosen

Jets take a QB:   Lets say Mayfield

Cards take a QB:   Lets say Allen

Broncos?   Could still take a QB....but likely not....but if they did   Jackson or Rudolph. 

That would be a hairy draft.

Even as it is....it has  5 QBs going in the Top 12.

8 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Walter football has Allen at #1 and Barkley at #4

Threw up in my mouth a little... and that's only because I haven't eaten much today.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Threw up in my mouth a little... and that's only because I haven't eaten much today.

:lol:

Oh goodness I can't wait for April 26 to get here and alleviate some of this R1 pent up excitement. 

PoeticG's Official Cleveland Browns 1st Round Mock Draft 

With the 1st Overall Pick of the 2018 NFL Draft~ The Cleveland Browns select: Saquon Barkley

With the 4th Overall Pick of the 2018 NFL Draft The Cleveland Browns select: Baker Mayfield

This is my guy for QB of the Browns. Fits what Hue wants to do and has the passion to pull it off. Barkley and Baker are the future in Cleveland... If we draft them, the wins will come...

New one from the sim at FirstPick... includes action at top of Draft...

15. Cleveland Browns - 21015

• Round 1 Pick 1 (1) Browns:  Darnold, Sam (QB) Southern California
  • Round 1 Pick 2 (2) Giants:  Barkley, Saquon (RB) Penn State
  • Round 1 Pick 3 (3) Jets:  Allen, Josh (QB) Wyoming
  • Round 1 Pick 4 (4) (CLE) Colts:  Chubb, Bradley (DE) North Carolina State
  • Round 1 Pick 5 (5) Broncos:  Rosen, Josh (QB) UCLA
  • Round 1 Pick 6 (6) (IND) Browns:  Fitzpatrick, Minkah (CB/FS) Alabama
  • Round 2 Pick 1 (33) Browns:  Hand, DaShawn (DE) Alabama
  • Round 2 Pick 3 (35) Browns:  Johnson, Kerryon (RB) Auburn
  • Round 2 Pick 4 (36) (IND) Browns:  Allen, Marcus (FS) Penn State
  • Round 3 Pick 2 (66) (NYG) Browns:  Senat, Deadrin (DT) South Florida
  • Round 4 Pick 2 (102) (NYG) Browns:  Warner, Fred (OLB) Brigham Young