THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 Mock Drafts

darren15

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Well.....there are hundreds of people out there doing their own mock drafts.  One is no better than the other.

For a compiliation thereof, see this:

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

The only thing I wonder about all the Mock drafts on there is if in fact they pay attention to who is doing the drafting.   E.g. it seems that about a half of the mocks on Walter's site  have a QB going at both #1 and #4.   I would think that anyone doing a mock should know that it is the Browns who have both the #1 and #4 picks.

Or....do they think as has been suggested by a few people on here that the Browns should say, draft BOTH Rosen AND Darnold?

How about that idea?   The Theater of the Absurd?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

40 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Pass the syrup of ipecac.

WSS

After all the trades I just finished a mock draft. 

With a little freedom of the 4th pick, traded down two spots, then another two, then a few more and so on and so on... owned the second round. 

Only thing I should have done was switching Vita Vea and Jackson as to be able to have the 5th year option as the first 1 or 2 seasons will be learning from the sidelines and spot duty. 

Your score is: 21966 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1:  Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 31 (N.E.):  Vea, Vita, DT, Washington (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1:  Jackson, Lamar, QB, Louisville (A)
Round 2 Pick 3:  Washington, James, WR, Oklahoma State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ):  Sutton, Courtland, WR, Southern Methodist (B)
Round 2 Pick 7 (CHI):  Guice, Derrius, RB, LSU (B-)
Round 2 Pick 11 (N.E.):  Phillips, Harrison, DT, Stanford (B+)
Round 2 Pick 14 (CINN):  Toliver II, Kevin, CB, LSU (B+)
Round 2 Pick 15 (ARI):  Oliver, Isaiah, CB, Colorado (B)
Round 2 Pick 18 (DAL):  Allen, Marcus, FS, Penn State (B+)
Round 2 Pick 32:  Penny, Rashaad, RB, San Diego State (B)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYG):  Cobbs Jr, Simmie, WR, Indiana (B-)
Round 5 Pick 22:  Flowers, Dimitri, FB, Oklahoma (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Hill, Holton, CB, Texas (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

All in all though, finished a strong draft. *Added Pryor in FA as well. 

QB- Taylor/Hogan/Jackson

RB- Barkley/Guice/Penny/Duke/Flowers

WR- Gordon/Landry/*Pryor/Coleman/Washington/Sutton/Cobbs Jr. 

TE- Njoku/DeValve/Telfer

DT- Vea/Phillips/Ogunjobi

DE- Garrett/Ogbah/Nassib/Orchard

LB- Kirksey/Show/Collins

Secondary- McCourty/Taylor/BBC/Randall/Toliver/Oliver/Wilson/Peppers/Kindred/Hill

Your score is: 25007 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (DEN):  Barkley, Saquon, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 6 (NYJ):  Fitzpatrick, Minkah, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 19 (DAL):  James, Derwin, SS/FS, Florida State (A)
Round 2 Pick 3:  Jackson, Lamar, QB, Louisville (A+)
Round 2 Pick 5 (NYJ):  Jackson, Josh, CB, Iowa (A)
Round 2 Pick 8 (DEN):  Bryan, Taven, DT, Florida (A-)
Round 4 Pick 23 (MIA):  Lewis, Tyquan, DE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 29 (JAX):  Miller, Kolton, OT, UCLA (A)
Round 4 Pick 30 (MIA):  Burnett, Deontay, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 6 Pick 34 (DAL):  ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Carrington II, Darren, WR, Utah (A+)
Round 7 Pick 8 (SEA):  Adams, Tony, OG, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 18 (DAL):  Reed, DJ, CB, Kansas State (A+)

Your Future Picks: 
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (DEN)
2020 Round 1 Pick

You just picked these three because their first names begin with D, like yours! Oh and does anybody ever get below an A on these? :blink:

Round 4 Pick 30 (MIA):  Burnett, Deontay, WR, Southern California (A+)
Round 6 Pick 34 (DAL):  ODaniel, Dorian, OLB, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1:  Carrington II, Darren, WR, Utah (A+)

22 hours ago, NFL Rough Draft said:

Hope you guys enjoy them. You guys are set up for success and your fanbase certainly deserves it.

http://nflroughdraft.com/mock-drafts/

We can go to Walterfootball draft database and see a couple of hundred mock drafts.  Not sure we need a separate thread for just one guys mock.  

On 2/9/2018 at 1:43 PM, Louisville Slugger said:

I like the talent we would bring in but do we need Smith? Collins and Kirksey just got paid and Smith is too small for the middle.

Also I don't see why everyone is so high on Fitzpatrick. He looks like a pretty good prospect as a corner but I haven't seen anything that would make me comfortable with him playing FS. 

Well for starters you did not mention our MLB... so there's that. ;)

At a Combine measured 6'1 - 236, Smith is not too small... he's right in line with the vast majority of really good MLBs drafted since Kuechley.... and only a little smaller than Luke. Shazier, Foster, Mosely, Kendricks, Alonso are all in the same ball park as Roquan. That said I don't take Smith.... Vander Esch is the LB I really like. Part of my Vander Esche attraction is I see him near the top of this class at both MLB and OLB. His versatility is really intriguing.

Agree on Fitz... I don't think he's the best prospect in the draft at either CB or FS (I like Ward and James respectively), but Fitz has the versatility to be in the "best" conversation at both positions and that adds value.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

At a Combine measured 6'1 - 236, Smith is not too small... he's right in line with the vast majority of really good MLBs drafted since Kuechley.... and only a little smaller than Luke. Shazier, Foster, Mosely, Kendricks, Alonso are all in the same ball park as Roquan. That said I don't take Smith.... Vander Esch is the LB I really like. Part of my Vander Esche attraction is I see him near the top of this class at both MLB and OLB. His versatility is really intriguing.

Agree on Fitz... I don't think he's the best prospect in the draft at either CB or FS (I like Ward and James respectively), but Fitz has the versatility to be in the "best" conversation at both positions and that adds value.

Wasn't Smith playing at 220 during the season? 

I don't really care for the players who are "versatile" I want someone who I can tell is a stud at his position. I have Fitz as the 4th best corner and i don't know how to rank him as a safety. 1. Alexander 2. Ward 3. Jackson. You can pretty much reverse them if we ran a cover 2

On 1/20/2018 at 1:46 PM, gumby73 said:

Any Tackle not from Florida State Uckiversity:P Edit--got a name for ya..watching Shrine Bowl, worked for steelers with Villa so.., am watching this Brett Toth from Army playing LT..He's signed up for Senior Bowl also..Ox strong, ranked 5th in run block, check,check at second level..no pass pro issues, yet..  

Toth? Meh... OK I guess. Couple year project there.

Of the top prospects I like MSU's Rankin best... kid's a mover and can anchor.... but there's a Pittsburgh kid I like as well, ONeil. Bit on the tall side for my taste, but agility looks good. Anchor? Not yet, but nice frame to build up.

Of the projects I've kinda taken a shine to TCU's Noteboom.

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Toth? Meh... OK I guess. Couple year project there.

Of the top prospects I like MSU's Rankin best... kid's a mover and can anchor.... but there's a Pittsburgh kid I like as well, ONeil. Bit on the tall side for my taste, but agility looks good. nachor? Not yet, but nice frame to build up.

Of the projects I've kinda taken a shine to TCU's Noteboom.

Thank you!

I knew there was a LT from Pitt, but couldn't remember his name... He's pretty new to LT, right? Converted TE?

16 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

1. Alexander 2. Ward 3. Jackson. You can pretty much reverse them if we ran a cover 2

So scheme-wise my guy, Ward, is the most versatile? ;)

Don't know what weight Smith played at...

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Thank you!

I knew there was a LT from Pitt, but couldn't remember his name... He's pretty new to LT, right? Converted TE?

You're welcome... that's why I came back...

33 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Of the top prospects I like MSU's Rankin best... kid's a mover and can anchor.... but there's a Pittsburgh kid I like as well, ONeil. Bit on the tall side for my taste, but agility looks good. Anchor? Not yet, but nice frame to build up.

Give me O'Neil. Good ACC season..Watch his tape against Bradley Chubb in 17..held Chubb to 2 solo tackles,no sacks..that anchor will grow at that size,agile & mean as hell with hands. good to see ya back

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

We should definitely be in the market for a LB imo.   Even if you like starters   Kirksey, Collins, Schobert (a couple of which I think play out of position).....we still have little, imo, to back them up.   The injured Tank Carder,   James Burgess.  Anything else? 

55 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We should definitely be in the market for a LB imo.   Even if you like starters   Kirksey, Collins, Schobert (a couple of which I think play out of position).....we still have little, imo, to back them up.   The injured Tank Carder,   James Burgess.  Anything else? 

Tamba Hali for 1 year ?

Archived