Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
darren15

2018 Mock Drafts

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Still waiting for a name...

Any Tackle not from Florida State Uckiversity:P Edit--got a name for ya..watching Shrine Bowl, worked for steelers with Villa so.., am watching this Brett Toth from Army playing LT..He's signed up for Senior Bowl also..Ox strong, ranked 5th in run block, check,check at second level..no pass pro issues, yet..  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We talk about next years team and next year's draft at the end of November. We (me especially) have to post ridiculous topics because there is nothing to talk about Browns-wise.

I'll tell you the real fukced up thing about being a Browns fan................When the biggest names of free agency come available, we speculate, imagine, hope, and analyze, BUT........we never acquire top veteran talent. Why even talk about Cousins,or Garrapolo? The Browns are never going to be in play for these type players. They cause us to not be $60 million under the cap, and THAT is what gives Haslam a tossed salad.

Really, this franchise sucks big black ghetto Dik. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draft talk started in September 2017 for the April 2018 draft. Pro football season lasts about 2 or 3 weeks around here anymore. Thanks Jimmy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really, this franchise sucks big black ghetto Dik.

You have a lot of personal up close knowledge on that subject?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:31 PM, Ghoolie said:

We talk about next years team and next year's draft at the end of November. We (me especially) have to post ridiculous topics because there is nothing to talk about Browns-wise.

I'll tell you the real fukced up thing about being a Browns fan................When the biggest names of free agency come available, we speculate, imagine, hope, and analyze, BUT........we never acquire top veteran talent. Why even talk about Cousins,or Garrapolo? The Browns are never going to be in play for these type players. They cause us to not be $60 million under the cap, and THAT is what gives Haslam a tossed salad.

Really, this franchise sucks big black ghetto Dik. 

whats worse is draft season we all look at the top players who we could draft and they do the opposite 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, syd said:

whats worse is draft season we all look at the top players who we could draft and they do the opposite 

Most every draft grade looked like the SI one from last year.......

Cleveland Browns: A-

April 29, 2017

The Browns entered the draft with two first-round picks and wound up making three on Thursday: DE/OLB Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, followed by S Jabrill Peppers (No. 25, after a trade down) and TE David Njoku (No. 29, after a trade up). The Peppers and Njoku picks, without question, indicate Cleveland wants to stockpile athleticism, even at the expense of immediate returns. The pick that really swings this class, though, happened at 52, which is where Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer landed. Hard to imagine the Browns thought he would be there when they passed on a QB several times earlier. DT Larry Ogunjobi (No. 65) and CB Howard Wilson (No. 126) are great picks for a rebuilding team—Wilson especially, because he has top-two corner upside. Using No. 185 on DT Caleb Brantley was a misstep, regardless of his talent. He recently was arrested for misdemeanor battery and accused of punching a woman........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Browns' latest regime completed its second NFL Draft class on Saturday. The 10 picks included the No. 1 overall pick - defensive end Myles Garrett - along with two other first-rounders and a (maybe) quarterback of the future in DeShone Kizer.

You can get a rundown of the new Browns and even grade the draft yourself here on cleveland.com. Perhaps you'll agree with what national media had to say about it.

Here's a collection of that reaction:

NFL.COM: Chad Reuter

Reuter gave the Browns draft class an overall grade of A-. That broke down as a day one A, day two A-, day three B.

"Larry Ogunjobi is a very quick tackle who will earn the respect of interior offensive linemen in a hurry; I'll be interested to see if he can play three downs. Cleveland continued to find talent in Rounds 4-5. Cornerback Howard Wilson is a confident corner, though his athleticism is only average. Left tackle Roderick Johnson's length will serve him well once he builds strength to go along with it."

CBS SPORTS: Pete Prisco

Prisco had the Browns as one of five teams to receive an A its draft class.

"For all the criticism of the analytics crew in Cleveland, they had a heck of a draft. Aside from trading down to get Michigan's Jabrill Peppers in the first round, they added a lot of really good players. ... This draft, though, will be defined by how well second-round quarterback DeShone Kizer develops. If he is their starter for a long time, this will be a great draft. Right now, it's a damn good one."

ESPN: Todd McShay

According to McShay, tight end David Njoku, taking with the 29thoverall pick, was the Browns' best move of the draft:

"I thought the Browns should've picked Njoku with the 25th overall pick, but they traded back up to No. 29 to nab the explosive tight end. Njoku has the speed (4.59 40) to stretch the field, along with the leaping ability (40-inch vertical) to make big plays down the field. He has one of the highest overall ceilings in this class, and those are exactly the kind of players the Browns should be drafting as they rebuild their roster."

ESPN: Mel Kiper Jr.

Kiper gave the Browns a B for this year's draft class.

"The Browns had a draft that could split a fan base. How? Well, on one hand I'm not sure any team added more overall talent, plus yet another future first-round pick in the Deshaun Watson deal, which sets Cleveland up for a monster 2018 draft. On the other hand, the problem that has dragged this franchise down for years -- no franchise quarterback -- is still clearly not solved."

CBS SPORTS: Will Brinson

Brinson didn't hand out grades, but he picked winners and losers. The Browns were the first winner he mentioned.

"The Browns did work on the first day too, moving all over the place and eventually coming away with three first-round picks: Myles Garrett (1), Jabrill Peppers (25) and David Njoku (29). Garrett and Peppers will make an immediate impact on the defense, while Njoku has huge upside and will be a nice weapon out of the gate for Kizer or whoever starts. (Let's be real, Kizer is going to start.)"

THE RINGER: Danny Kelly

Kelly, highlighting the best performances of the draft, gave the Browns The Best Quarterback Value Award.

"Jackson's patience was rewarded, and the Browns ended up with one of the highest-upside prospects at the position -- a raw player with excellent arm strength and great mobility who can develop as a backup without facing the pressure that would follow a QB with top-10 billing. Cleveland can bring Kizer along slowly and benefit from adding a pair of high-impact defensive players and a potential red-zone weapon in the meantime."

SPORTS ILLUSTRATED: Chris Burke

Burke gave the Browns an A in his post-draft grades:

"The pick that really swings this class, though, happened at 52, which is where Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer landed. Hard to imagine the Browns thought he would be there when they passed on a QB several times earlier. "

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, syd said:

whats worse is draft season we all look at the top players who we could draft and they do the opposite 

To me, the worst thing of all is watching us draft schidt, having to listen to ESPN EVERY FUKCKING YEAR announcing how well the Browns did, then listening to everyone here inventing dialogs that INSIST.................there were good reasons for why we were smart and traded down................. that we really stuck it to the rest of the NFL. Only to then listen to the excuses for why we are 0 - 16.

Why are we 0 - 16?  Waste two #1 draft picks on schidt like Garrett and Coleman. Then Pass on Goff, Wentz, Julio Jones, Petersen, Rapistburger, and on and on it goes.

THey will screw this draft up, you can bet on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Most every draft grade looked like the SI one from last year.......

Cleveland Browns: A-

April 29, 2017

The Browns entered the draft with two first-round picks and wound up making three on Thursday: DE/OLB Myles Garrett at No. 1 overall, followed by S Jabrill Peppers (No. 25, after a trade down) and TE David Njoku (No. 29, after a trade up). The Peppers and Njoku picks, without question, indicate Cleveland wants to stockpile athleticism, even at the expense of immediate returns. The pick that really swings this class, though, happened at 52, which is where Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer landed. Hard to imagine the Browns thought he would be there when they passed on a QB several times earlier. DT Larry Ogunjobi (No. 65) and CB Howard Wilson (No. 126) are great picks for a rebuilding team—Wilson especially, because he has top-two corner upside. Using No. 185 on DT Caleb Brantley was a misstep, regardless of his talent. He recently was arrested for misdemeanor battery and accused of punching a woman........

Drafts can only be truly evaluated some years hence.....so...even now it is a bit early to evaluate last year's.  

Though...I would be curious as to what kind of a grade it would be given.

Considering that NONE of the guys drafted were instrumental at all in the Browns winning even one game.....how can the current grade be any higher than a C- or D? 

Of course...to be re=evaluated in the future...but right now....C- or D.    Does anyone disagree?   (not giving it an F because so much more of the blame can be given to veteran players...and coaching and personell moves)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Would be very pleased with this one...especially first 2 rounds

 

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/02/07/2018-nfl-mock-draft-full-7-round-projections/

I would not want OT Miller at the top of the 3rd at all. Another Cam IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 12:17 PM, The Gipper said:

Drafts can only be truly evaluated some years hence.....so...even now it is a bit early to evaluate last year's.  

Though...I would be curious as to what kind of a grade it would be given.

Considering that NONE of the guys drafted were instrumental at all in the Browns winning even one game.....how can the current grade be any higher than a C- or D? 

Of course...to be re=evaluated in the future...but right now....C- or D.    Does anyone disagree?   (not giving it an F because so much more of the blame can be given to veteran players...and coaching and personell moves)

Yes in a way, like saying I'm going to grade you on this test before you actually take it......I'm basing it on prior results in an environment not exactly like what's on the test. Note almost every "expert" had them at an A level, only a few Bs.

Actual year 1 grades, well 0-16 says no A grades maybe no B grades, maybe C or incomplete?  

SI did say ......."The Peppers and Njoku picks, without question, indicate Cleveland wants to stockpile athleticism, even at the expense of immediate returns."....... 

I guess that was true plus their big pick was injured part of the year. Oh well with a good to great draft this year they might "most improved" next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Interesting...after trades they have the Browns taking:    Mayfield,   Fitzpatrick, Roquon Smith,  Guice.

That floats my boat just a bit.   It would not be laughable...at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a pretty crazy mock especially for how early it is. I like the talent we would bring in but do we need Smith? Collins and Kirksey just got paid and Smith is too small for the middle.

Also I don't see why everyone is so high on Fitzpatrick. He looks like a pretty good prospect as a corner but I haven't seen anything that would make me comfortable with him playing FS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

That's a pretty crazy mock especially for how early it is. I like the talent we would bring in but do we need Smith? Collins and Kirksey just got paid and Smith is too small for the middle.

Also I don't see why everyone is so high on Fitzpatrick. He looks like a pretty good prospect as a corner but I haven't seen anything that would make me comfortable with him playing FS. 

A.   The Browns would need an OLB...not an MLB....so, if Smith is strictly an MLB...then true....that is not a priority position.

B. Minkah is primarily...I believe would be a CB....basically the "cover corner" that we need.   Right now, Peppers is at FS....and I don't know if he is all that at that position.  He may be better off at SS.   So, yes, we would still need an FS.   I have said all along that we need 2 Top DBs to come out of these picks.   If we get CB Minkah at #4....then get a...hopefully...good FS in round 2.  

Right now we have Nakua and Kindred at Safety.   If we can upgrade from them....but have them as backups....that would be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Right...  Denver to #1 costs you your #5 this year, your first round pick next year, and Von Miller. Still interested? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

A.   The Browns would need an OLB...not an MLB....so, if Smith is strictly an MLB...then true....that is not a priority position.

B. Minkah is primarily...I believe would be a CB....basically the "cover corner" that we need.   Right now, Peppers is at FS....and I don't know if he is all that at that position.  He may be better off at SS.   So, yes, we would still need an FS.   I have said all along that we need 2 Top DBs to come out of these picks.   If we get CB Minkah at #4....then get a...hopefully...good FS in round 2.  

Right now we have Nakua and Kindred at Safety.   If we can upgrade from them....but have them as backups....that would be better.

1. I'm a fan of bringing in anyone if they are an upgrade but we paid Kirksey and Collins some serious coin. Kirksey could move to the middle but Schobert looked pretty good. I think we would be better off picking someone else but this scenario is never going to happen.

2. If we'e talking corners i would have Fitzpatrick as the 3rd corner. I wouldn't hate the pick but Josh Jackson is my pick at 4.

3. Safety is a pretty ugly position this year. Armani Watts is my hands down favorite but I admit I need to do some more digging. Even in free agency the only person I like is Boston. I've been thinking maybe trying McCourty at FS. His play style looks like a decent fit and his brother could give him some pointers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

   

2. If we'e talking corners i would have Fitzpatrick as the 3rd corner. I wouldn't hate the pick but Josh Jackson is my pick at 4.

3. Safety is a pretty ugly position this year. Armani Watts is my hands down favorite but I admit I need to do some more digging. Even in free agency the only person I like is Boston. I've been thinking maybe trying McCourty at FS. His play style looks like a decent fit and his brother could give him some pointers. 

https://nflspinzone.com/2018/02/08/cleveland-browns-offseason-thoughts-secondary-2018/  more of the same we already know.Peppers Angel equals more yard tombstones. Josh Jackson at 4? not the last reach we'll see..McCourtny was Titans best FS..We lost that option when we traded Haden & Calhoun/Taylor missed a few games. A few Physical Corners that I like that may fall 2nd or 3rd round are Isalah Oliver-Colorado,/ MJ Stewart-UNC/, Donte Jackson-LSU & Carlton Davis-Auburn....Josh Jackson projects pick 15 to 20..Bucks Denzel Ward 20 to 25..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2018 at 1:33 AM, Ghoolie said:

To me, the worst thing of all is watching us draft schidt, having to listen to ESPN EVERY FUKCKING YEAR announcing how well the Browns did, then listening to everyone here inventing dialogs that INSIST.................there were good reasons for why we were smart and traded down................. that we really stuck it to the rest of the NFL. Only to then listen to the excuses for why we are 0 - 16.

Why are we 0 - 16?  Waste two #1 draft picks on schidt like Garrett and Coleman. Then Pass on Goff, Wentz, Julio Jones, Petersen, Rapistburger, and on and on it goes.

THey will screw this draft up, you can bet on it.

I have seen this name so many times on here (from multiple people) and I am not on here nearly as much as most. 

GOFF. What did I miss??? The Browns didn't pass on Goff. The Browns had the 2nd pick that season, and he was drafted 1st. Had the Browns not traded to PHI, they still didn't PASS ON GOFF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I have seen this name so many times on here (from multiple people) and I am not on here nearly as much as most. 

GOFF. What did I miss??? The Browns didn't pass on Goff. The Browns had the 2nd pick that season, and he was drafted 1st. Had the Browns not traded to PHI, they still didn't PASS ON GOFF.

They were in position to get Goff with a move.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×