THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 Mock Drafts

darren15

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

But that does sound like the consensus.

If only... **sigh**

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA 

... the surest QB thing in this draft, as long as you can live with the specter of his two documented concussions and all the noise (which I consider total bullcrap) about Rosen’s life of other interests.

And John Lynch needs a little work on his math. He's about 40,000 scenarios shy.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

If only... **sigh**

Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA 

... the surest QB thing in this draft, as long as you can live with the specter of his two documented concussions and all the noise (which I consider total bullcrap) about Rosen’s life of other interests.

I meant the consensus among the mocks.

WSS

Meanwhile...

The two QB thing continues to have a pulse. Here's a follow up to last week's report that our FO has discussed this approach.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2771721-two-first-round-qbs-for-the-cleveland-browns-it-makes-more-sense-than-you-think

I've toyed with this off and on for a year or so, but lately I keep coming back to it.

As much as I dislike Darnold at #1 and Allen period... strangely even Darnold at #1 and Allen at #4 is relatively calming.

This had crossed my mind as something the Browns might contemplate with Bitonio but it’s the first mock I’ve seen actually give us Nelson at #4

http://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2770818-2018-nfl-mock-draft-doug-farrars-final-1st-round-predictions.amp.html

18 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

This had crossed my mind as something the Browns might contemplate with Bitonio but it’s the first mock I’ve seen actually give us Nelson at #4

http://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2770818-2018-nfl-mock-draft-doug-farrars-final-1st-round-predictions.amp.html

Bradley Chubb dropping to 14 ...more chance of me being drafted than that happening and I am a 53 year old man with a beer belly ....

19 hours ago, darren15 said:

I question any list that does not have the Pats atop it.

That said... Isn't the unusual thing these days for a team to stand pat thru all three days?

• 8 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 7:01 AM, Louisville Slugger said:

My gut tells me the Mayfield is the guy our front office is targeting. I think this is how the draft plays out.

1a. Baker Mayfield QB

1b. Bradley Chubb DE

2a. Jiare Alexander CB

2b. Derrius Guice RB

2c. Anthony Miller WR

4. Tyrell Crosby OT

5. Armani Watts S

6a. Siran Neal CB/S

6b. Trevon Young DE

Not too shabby if I say so myself. I remember thinking N. Chubb was going to be gone at the end of the 1st or he would have been the pick instead of Guice. Theres no super sleeper like G. Avery in there but this almost as good as our actual draft

10 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Not too shabby if I say so myself. I remember thinking N. Chubb was going to be gone at the end of the 1st or he would have been the pick instead of Guice. Theres no super sleeper like G. Avery in there but this almost as good as our actual draft

What do you mean.....except for Mayfield you got every one wrong.  

16 hours ago, darren15 said:

Mayfield, Ward, Nick Chubb, Avery..... all hits

You left out one of the best, Callaway. And the jury is still out on injured rookie players Corbett, Chad Thomas and my favorite WR Derrick Willies. Plus who knows about our NFL suspended rookie, Daniel Ekuale , 300 Lb. DL from Washington State.

Archived