THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 Mock Drafts

darren15

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.

Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.

So....per the Hue Jackson scheduling pattern:  Game 4?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Because we are looking for better than "acceptable" QB play.

Assuming our rookie QB has mastered the playbook, then he's up as soon as we are eliminated from the post season.

And that's the rub.  I guess what I'm saying is, do you swap "pretty good" for a guy who is unknown but COULD develop into "very good"?  This dilemma becomes even more impossible when you factor in the fact we're the Browns....and "pretty good" QB play would ABSOLUTELY blow everyone away.  Think about it for a second.  1-31 over two years, a multitude of sucky QB's, and hardly anything to cheer about.  Then just like that, we sign a QB who is "pretty good" and is coming off a playoff season (albeit by the skin of his teeth).  It's going to be VERY hard to pull the trigger on swapping in the young QB when so many jobs are on the line.  If we kept Hue Jackson after 1-31, you'd like to think we'd keep him if we won something like 5 games this year, right?

Where I ultimately agree with you that we definitely want MORE than "acceptable", I still see it being a difficult task to remove a veteran leader for an unknown 21 year-old.  

22 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

2018 NFL Mock Draft: Browns trade down, Bucs pass on Barkley, Falcons take receiver

https://search.app.goo.gl/fhmb6

Shared from my Google feed

Looks like Dorsey will be following Sashi Brown sooner rather than later.

🙀

WSS

That's not a terrible scenario. I would be good if the browns walked away with that draft.

4 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

And that's the rub.  I guess what I'm saying is, do you swap "pretty good" for a guy who is unknown but COULD develop into "very good"?  This dilemma becomes even more impossible when you factor in the fact we're the Browns....and "pretty good" QB play would ABSOLUTELY blow everyone away.  Think about it for a second.  1-31 over two years, a multitude of sucky QB's, and hardly anything to cheer about.  Then just like that, we sign a QB who is "pretty good" and is coming off a playoff season (albeit by the skin of his teeth).  It's going to be VERY hard to pull the trigger on swapping in the young QB when so many jobs are on the line.  If we kept Hue Jackson after 1-31, you'd like to think we'd keep him if we won something like 5 games this year, right?

Where I ultimately agree with you that we definitely want MORE than "acceptable", I still see it being a difficult task to remove a veteran leader for an unknown 21 year-old.  

Actually I see Hue gone by the BYE week after a 2-8 start... but that's another topic. ;)

I see what you are saying about QB play, but I think you are looking in the wrong direction... to the past and not the future. If we are out of it by the BYE, then what can you possibly learn by continuing to play Tyrod?

Assuming out #1 pick knows the playbook, can repeat a play call and take a 5/7-step drop, I go to the rookie, begin his on-field education and my assessment of his NFL future so I know what kind of priority to put on a 2019 QB.

We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year :) same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

We should go back and try and find the threads on QB's from past years......I wonder who wanted Johnny and who wanted Weeden whoever wanted those 2 QB's on here we should not listen to this year :) same with Trent Richardson and Justin Gilbert, lets see who banged their drum

I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.

7 hours ago, syd said:

can anyone please give me some kind of hope as to why I should like Allen over Darnold

You can PM cal...

19 hours ago, darren15 said:

I will save you some effort:  I was on the Trubisky train.   But I was not anti-Garrett.  I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous.  But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute.  Not so acute as the need for a QB....

But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me.  This year, I have boarded no one's train.

14 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I will admit I did NOT want Cleveland, the death zone of QB's, to draft JFF. I thought he would be a poor fit. It was my first clue to his idiocy that he asked them to draft him. And I still do not blame any QB for wanting to avoid coming here with Clueless Hueless as the proclaimed QB whisperer. That T-shirt still has room to expand to XXX Large.

By this you make it seem that you still blame the Browns for JFF's failure.......that is was this organization that caused his demise....and not his own behavior.  

Actually, Cleveland may have been the best place for him.   Imagine what a disaster he would have been made out to be had he been drafted by say, one of the NY teams, or LA teams, or Dallas. 

Hue was not even here when JFF was here.  Kyle Shanahan....who people now think is a brilliant guy  (a brilliant arsehole perhaps)...was his OC.    He would only have been worse elsewhere.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I will save you some effort:  I was on the Trubisky train.   But I was not anti-Garrett.  I felt that they should have taken Joey Bosa the year before and gotten their DE there, making the need to draft Garrett superfluous.  But they didn't do that, so the need for a DE was acute.  Not so acute as the need for a QB....

But, of course, the Browns took no clues from me.  This year, I have boarded no one's train.

I drafted for the Browns in our draft that year and took Bosa with the first pick and I was lambasted for it ....

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

I drafted for the Browns in our draft that year and took Bosa with the first pick and I was lambasted for it ....

And rightfully so... :)

38 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

2018 NFL draft - Jeff Legwold's ranking of top 100 prospects, picks

https://search.app.goo.gl/tY6wF

Shared from my Google feed

Why do I get the feeling someone got a new Android?

And WTF is Jeff Legwold?

54 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

2018 NFL draft - Jeff Legwold's ranking of top 100 prospects, picks

https://search.app.goo.gl/tY6wF

that pot sets up right for some good position needs at our picks thru 64..poor Christian Kirk has got to get out of that #22 pit of misery hole;)

1 hour ago, Mike H said:

Haven't published mine yet, but it is one this board will for sure hate.

Punter at 1 Kicker at 4 ?

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

By this you make it seem that you still blame the Browns for JFF's failure.......that is was this organization that caused his demise....and not his own behavior.  

Actually, Cleveland may have been the best place for him.   Imagine what a disaster he would have been made out to be had he been drafted by say, one of the NY teams, or LA teams, or Dallas. 

Hue was not even here when JFF was here.  Kyle Shanahan....who people now think is a brilliant guy  (a brilliant arsehole perhaps)...was his OC.    He would only have been worse elsewhere.

No really Gip. Just saying exactly what i was thinking before he ever showed up in Cleveland, the graveyard for QB's. He managed to screw it up without much help from anyone, but that does not change my pre-draft thinking at that time. And Shanny didn't do QBs any favor with that zone read run either. Ridiculous to purposefully run your QB in the NFL. Recipe for injury.

29 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

No really Gip. Just saying exactly what i was thinking before he ever showed up in Cleveland, the graveyard for QB's. He managed to screw it up without much help from anyone, but that does not change my pre-draft thinking at that time. And Shanny didn't do QBs any favor with that zone read run either. Ridiculous to purposefully run your QB in the NFL. Recipe for injury.

In my opinion Cleveland is not in OT not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way aroundIn my opinion Cleveland is not in OP not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way around

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

In my opinion Cleveland is not in OT not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way aroundIn my opinion Cleveland is not in OP not the graveyard to quarterbacks. It has been these quarterbacks that are buried the Browns not the other Shmucking way around

Most of the non-Browns world thinks more along my line of thinking however. We need a HC/GM T-shirt too. We could title it the graveyard shift.

29 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Most of the non-Browns world thinks more along my line of thinking however. We need a HC/GM T-shirt too. We could title it the graveyard shift.

Well yes there's no doubt that our GM's in our head coaches have been pissed poor and they have made poor choices at picking quarterbacks but it is still those quarterbacks who have been sucked job

Archived