Sign in to follow this  
darren15

2018 Mock Drafts

8 hours ago, darren15 said:

Good or bad post them here....

I will start with this weak one

https://nflspinzone.com/2018/01/17/cleveland-browns-7-round-2018-mock-draft-mid-january/

never trust a writer pictured in the Rodney Dangerfield golf sweater..Randy Gurzi..your out of here(respectfully) 

Kiper has us taking Josh Allen at 1 and Barkley at 4

draftwire.usatoday.com has us taking Rosen & Fitz, and in the 2nd taking Louisville CB Jaire Alexander, WR James Washington and RB Nick Chubb. Top of the 3rd Kyzer White Safety W.V.

24 minutes ago, darren15 said:

I think I just threw up in my mouth. This is the definition of the Costanza perennial loser 1st round if we did that.:ph34r:

6 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Well, he has the first one right....let's see... Barkley is terrific. Would I rather wait til the second round for a

star rb, or a star cb/fs ? I can figure a draft that has Darnold-Fitz/James nails it. or, Fitz-James Allen.

Who knows. It's going to be crazy.

Instead of looking at just one Mock draft here or there.....see this link which has like all of them:   The WalterFootball Mock Draft Database.  There are like 150 mock drafts on here.    With some time, I will do a  bit of compiling of some of this data:

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

OK....for the first pick...the Walter database gives these results:

83 votes for Darnold

43 votes for Rosen

21 votes for Barkley

6 votes for Allen

3 votes for Lamar Jackson

2 votes for Chubb

2 votes for Key

2 votes for Fitzpatrick

2 votes for Rudolph

1 vote for Mayfield

1 vote for C. Kirk  

Darnold is the pick is most of these drafts. Josh Allen is the other qb. One is missing completely.... guess who?

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/cleveland-browns-2018-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-wyomings-josh-allen-at-no-1-overall

Bleacher Report (Matt Miller) – Link

Pick No. 1: Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California

Pick No. 4: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

Rotoworld (Josh Norris) – Link

RealGM (Jeff Risdon) – Link

Pick No. 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

CBS Sports (R.J. White) – Link

Pewter Report (Trevor Sikkema) – Link

Pick No. 1: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

New York Upstate (Matthew Fairburn) – Link

Pick No. 4: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Draft Site – Link

Pick No. 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

SEC Country – Link

OK....for the 4th pick...the Walter database gives these results for the #4 pick:

Allen....25 votes

Mayfield...19 votes

Fitzpatrick...16 votes

Q. Nelson...15 votes

Chubb...14 votes

Rosen...12 votes

D. James...10 votes

Barkley...8 votes

Darnold...7 votes

McGlinchey...7 votes

A. Key...7 votes

L. Jackson...6 votes

C. Williams...5 votes

T. Adams...4 votes

Rudolph...2 votes

C. Wilkins ...2 votes

H. Landry...2 votes

R. Finley...C. Ridley...T. McFadden...J. Washington...C. Kirk...  1 vote each

Note:  It is clear that these mocks may have paid no attention to which team is picking....for as we know the Browns have #1 and #4....yet a number of these mocks had a QB going at both #1 and #4.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Darnold is the pick is most of these drafts. Josh Allen is the other qb. One is missing completely.... guess who?

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/browns/cleveland-browns-2018-nfl-mock-draft-roundup-wyomings-josh-allen-at-no-1-overall

Bleacher Report (Matt Miller) – Link

Rotoworld (Josh Norris) – Link

RealGM (Jeff Risdon) – Link

CBS Sports (R.J. White) – Link

Pewter Report (Trevor Sikkema) – Link

Pick No. 1: Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

New York Upstate (Matthew Fairburn) – Link

Pick No. 4: Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma

Draft Site – Link

Pick No. 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State

SEC Country – Link

Except that the Walter Football Mock Draft Database has  Rosen as over 7 times more likely to be the #1 pick as Allen...and it has Darnold as being twice as likely to be chosen as Rosen....and 14 times more likely than Allen.

mock away.. but this could change so many things starting about FA time? Did anybody else watch this on the net? May not boost FSU drafted LT Rodrick Johnson confidence either?   https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/18/16905294/highlights-from-the-greater-cleveland-sports-awards-joe-thomas-talks-about-his-future    

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

mock away.. but this could change so many things starting about FA time? Did anybody else watch this on the net? May not boost FSU drafted LT Rodrick Johnson confidence either?   https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/18/16905294/highlights-from-the-greater-cleveland-sports-awards-joe-thomas-talks-about-his-future    

If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

If Joe retires, our draft changes dramatically. There are likely two, top ten OTs in this class.

Reading between the lines of that article....Joe is coming back...at least for another year.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Reading between the lines of that article....Joe is coming back...at least for another year.

I believe that as well... and that he extends a couple more seasons.

But if he doesn't...

On 1/17/2018 at 11:17 AM, 200lbMumford said:

Any mock draft that starts with Mayfield at 1 needs to be shot in the gut and left for dead.

I couldn't agree more.  He wouldn't be my choice in the first 2 rounds.  

5 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, he has the first one right....let's see... Barkley is terrific. Would I rather wait til the second round for a

star rb, or a star cb/fs ? I can figure a draft that has Darnold-Fitz/James nails it. or, Fitz-James Allen.

Who knows. It's going to be crazy.

I actually agree with both picks.  If you really think about it, Crowell is still averaging 2 - 3 yards per carry.  Imaging if we had Barclay there instead.  Draft Allen, but pick up a vet to start.  Let Allen sit and learn.  Give the ball to Barkley and let him pound it.  We should at least get one decent WR in the 2nd round of this draft.  Pair that with Gordon, Njuko, Devalve and perhaps Pryor (FA).  With all the picks we have, there's no excuse for this team not winning at least 6 games next season.  Mostly because they are rookies.  Like I said before, this team will be ready in 2019 to compete.

I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

I'll take "the one."

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I love how every QB prospect in this draft is a "sit and learn" prospect... except one.

I'll take "the one."

The 5th year Senior.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

last year on his contract I bet he honors it then decides 

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'll take "the one."

...and make him sit at learn.  :)

Learn what? What they should already know?  I don't want my QB to sit and learn, I want my QB to sit and perfect what he should at least have a basic grasp of.  

Sadly I see posters advocating for QB's that don't fit what I'm saying. 

24 minutes ago, Orion said:

...and make him sit at learn.  :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I want my QB to sit and perfect what he should at least have a basic grasp of.

...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.  YES, I know it's just tackle football...but as far as the QB goes, college is waaaay different then the NFL.  The current way that QB's are used in college does the NFL teams drafting them absolutely NO favors.  I think NFL teams need to PLAN to have their newly drafted QB watch from the sidelines while they learn (in practice & in meeting rooms) the NFL QB position.

...and THAT'S just to play the position.  Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.  - Having said that, you cannot make a starting pitcher (Tim Tebow's) into a quick release Dan Marino.

TRUE. The toughest thing to do in all professional sports is play QB on an NFL team, asking a rookie to jump in and start is almost impossible -UNLESS- he is on a well  coached loaded team or is one of those once in a decade or generation franchise guys.

Sitting can be good like Rodgers after Favre to name one. Want to kill a QB, start him on a really bad team! :o

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

TRUE. The toughest thing to do in all professional sports is play QB on an NFL team, asking a rookie to jump in and start is almost impossible -UNLESS- he is on a well  coached loaded team or is one of those once in a decade or generation franchise guys.

Sitting can be good like Rodgers after Favre to name one. Want to kill a QB, start him on a really bad team! :o

Cleveland would never do that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Better yet put him with a coach who yanks him with a lead........................................................................never recover.

17 hours ago, Orion said:

...the thing is, QB's coming out of college are usually not prepared to play NFL football.

Many times mechanics need to be tweaked on the rookie QB's.

"Usually" means that some are prepared.

You don't take a QB #1 overall who needs his mechanics "tweaked".

I'm trying to think of an NFL starter whose mechanics were flawed coming out of college. Anyone?

16 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

"Usually" means that some are prepared.

You don't take a QB #1 overall who needs his mechanics "tweaked".

I'm trying to think of an NFL starter whose mechanics were flawed coming out of college. Anyone?

Farve?