THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns interviewing Ben McAdoo, Mularkey, and Matt LaFleur

LionOfBuddha

41 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

Looks like we may actually get an OC.

For those unfamiliar, Matt LaFleur was the OC of the Rams last year

By last year do you mean 2016?  When the Rams offense sucked.   And that he was not the OC of the Rams in 2017......when they were good?   Or, if he was OC in 2017....why would he make a lateral move over here.....when that offense there was so much more efficient.....and with Gurley and Goff has so much potential?

13 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

By last year do you mean 2016?  When the Rams offense sucked.   And that he was not the OC of the Rams in 2017......when they were good?   Or, if he was OC in 2017....why would he make a lateral move over here.....when that offense there was so much more efficient.....and with Gurley and Goff has so much potential?

He was hired inn 2017 to do exactly what he did, turn that offense into what it should have already been.

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Lafleur is the current OC of the Rams. Link to a story of him interviewing?

Don’t have any links, heard it in the radio.

They said they’re interviewing McAdoo today, and will be interviewing Mularkey and Matt LaFleur. But LaFleur is also being interviewed by the Titans for the same position

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If Matt LaFleur was leaving the Rams to be the OC of the Browns then he needs to be checked for a brain tumor. I get him interviewing for the Titans because that is a HC job.

Right.....becoming the OC of the Browns is a lateral move.  And I am not even sure that a coach under contract can interview for a lateral move.  

The only thing could be that his contract is up...and the Rams don't want him back for some unknown reason. Did he screw the HC's wife?

But, yes, interviewing for an HC job seems far more likely.

52 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

If Matt LaFleur was leaving the Rams to be the OC of the Browns then he needs to be checked for a brain tumor. I get him interviewing for the Titans because that is a HC job.

He doesn’t have play calling duties. Sean McVay calls the plays. So I’m sure he wants a chance to call plays

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Lafleur_1985_brand_logo.png

Lafleur is a trademark of Olymel (l.p.), owned by La Coop fédérée (fr). The cooked meats brand, specializing in the processing of pork products, was founded in 1912 by Alphonse Lafleur (1882-1934). Lafleur products are exclusively sold in Quebec.

Not only that Gip, Chateau Lafleur is a mighty good (and mighty expensive) red Bordeaux from the Pomerol region...    

Lafleur - Château Lafleurthe 2010, considered a "perfect" wine by many critics can be yours for a mere € 1,200, that's around $1,400 + shipping and insurance... :)  

53 minutes ago, LionOfBuddha said:

He doesn’t have play calling duties. Sean McVay calls the plays. So I’m sure he wants a chance to call plays

As Gip posted, we can't just offer him a lateral move. That's why there's so many "Assistant Head Coaches" now...   

38 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I bet he is dying to leave Goff and Todd Gurley to come to Cleveland...

Um- would coaching say Alex Smith, Sam Darnold\ Saquon Barkley change his mind?  :) 

42 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I bet he is dying to leave Goff and Todd Gurley to come to Cleveland...

He’s young. I’d bet he wants a new challenge. Turning the Rams offense around, then coming to the Browns and turning them around? That’s a hell of a resume to be on the fast track to head coaching

4 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

What is this crazy trend the last few years where Offense Coordinators don't have to coordinate?? What is their job? Are they coffee fetchers? I wish my company would change my sales role to one where I didn't have to sell lol. 

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

What is this crazy trend the last few years where Offense Coordinators don't have to coordinate?? What is their job? Are they coffee fetchers? I wish my company would change my sales role to one where I didn't have to sell lol. 

The title for that is Sales Manager.;)

as i posted a short time ago, Pep Hamilton was hired & labeled as "Associate Head Coach" which teams avoid OC lateral move with this term..Surprised McVie/Rams would let Matt interview at this time cause McVie also cut loose his QB coach(McVie a little Hue'ish?) I see no stories attached to Matt, but for interviewing as HC at Titians..Matt would be treated as the same Holloween bag of rocks as he got with McVie with Hue still here. With Matt's youth fire, Hue may like working with Matt..Again, Matt & McVie got RG3 rolling in DC..Matt went to ND as QB coach when Kizer was red shirted 1st season. They played a little catch a year than Matt spent 2 seasons at ATL. than back to a hired McVie at Rams..Matt's hometown is Mt Pleasant,MI. He may want to consult Pep Hamilton now at UM in ann arbor if he visits home or if Matt takes that phone call from Browns..    

Was Guy LaFleur his Daddy?

On 1/16/2018 at 12:00 PM, The Gipper said:

And I am not even sure that a coach under contract can interview for a lateral move. 

They can, but only with permission of their current team. Doesn't happen much...

Archived