THE BROWNS BOARD

The Kobayashi Maru

The Gipper

Used this analogy in another thread.  Liked it so well that I thought it deserved its own.   

The Browns have become the Kobayashi Maru team.  (the no win training exercise from Star Trek).    

What we need is a guy.....an HC, coach, QB...who can do what James T. Kirk did:  whatever it takes to overcome....even if it means cheating. 

36 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

If you truly believe that, why are you here?  Same thing has been said about many other teams in the past, such as the Astros.

You take it a bit too seriously.  This is primarily a play on the "No Win"  situation....because the Browns had "no wins".  

Plus...is it fair to say that it seems that the Patriots are the Captain Kirks of the NFL?   They cheat to win. (except they don't get commendations for it).

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Star Trek is gay.

Zombo

Them's fighting words, I might have to take you on. I own the complete original series, watched every episode at least once (the best ones dozens of times) and to remind you Hoorta (the horta- correct spelling) is the creature in the episode "Devil in the Dark". Still really POed the latest incarnation is essentially PPV, I'll wait until they're released on Blu-ray.

The Kobiashi Maru test at Star Trek Academy was a lesson in failure. Whatever you did, you lost. Kirk beat it by reprogamming the computer. In one of the reboots a scene Chris Pine (as Kirk), you see how he did it- hilarious.

You want to talk gay? Romantic comedy chick-flicks, Bravo's The Real Housewives of (Pick a City). Barf.

BTW, the latest Star Wars "The Last Jedi" is great- and before you tell me that's Gay too. If you had come up with the idea instead of George Lucas, you'd have enough money to buy up all the beach front property in Naples. :D

5 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Them's fighting words, I might have to take you on. I own the complete original series, watched every episode at least once (the best ones dozens of times) and to remind you Hoorta (the horta- correct spelling) is the creature in the episode "Devil in the Dark". Still really POed the latest incarnation is essentially PPV, I'll wait until they're released on Blu-ray.

You want to talk gay? Romantic comedy chick-flicks, Bravo's The Real Housewives of (Pick a City). Barf.

BTW, the latest Star Wars "The Last Jedi" is great- and before you tell me that's Gay too. If you had come up with the idea instead of George Lucas, you'd have enough money to buy up all the beach front property in Naples. :D

Hey, you know Z just plays it safe.   He does not boldly go where no man has gone before.  Its why he has preference for prostitutes.  :o

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Star Trek is gay.

Zombo

Kobayashi Maru is even more gay. ANd now that we are at it, Gipper is gay. Now, I call Gipper a homo in the most accepting way imaginable. Say what you want about Gips, but he has a lot of Ghoolie spirit. In his own way he keeps this place percolating. I for one would hae a board without my fellow homo.

43 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You fighting Ghoolie?   Isn't that kind of like your Kobayashi Maru situation? :D

LMAO. Good one.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

You wish.  You are pining away to suck my puck.

You wish.  You are pining away to suck my puck.

You reacted too soon. I didn't post the end of my thought. I wasn't dissing you. Go back an re read. Good zinger. Zombo's Kobayashi Maru  is Ghoolie. LMAO.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

LMAO. Good one.

Don't laugh.....I am teaching Z a lesson here.....a lesson from Star Trek....which he refuses to acknowledge.  Z fights you....he cheats....he wins!!

But....if he is too stubborn to learn...What am I going to do with the boy.

Don't laugh.....I am teaching Z a lesson here.....a lesson from Star Trek....which he refuses to acknowledge.  Z fights you....he cheats....he wins!!

But....if he is too stubborn to learn...What am I going to do with the boy.

There is no cheating. He is not Captain Kirk, he is Captain Dork. Man, this stuff is hilarious. You made my day Bro.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

You reacted too soon. I didn't post the end of my thought. I wasn't dissing you. Go back an re read. Good zinger. Zombo's Kobayashi Maru  is Ghoolie. LMAO.

You said I was gay.  What else did I need to see.  See, now, you have possibly backed yourself into a Kobayashi Maru situation. I think you have to engage in some competitive eating to work your way out of it!! :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

There is no cheating. He is not Captain Kirk, he is Captain Dork. Man, this stuff is hilarious. You made my day Bro.

OK, instead of a fist fight.....it is you and Z.....in a hot dog eating contest.  That would be more entertaining for all of us than a fight would be.

And with that, we could have a few others join in!

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, instead of a fist fight.....it is you and Z.....in a hot dog eating contest.  That would be more entertaining for all of us than a fight would be.

And with that, we could have a few others join in!

I would lose. I would not even make the effort. Zomblow brought the fight crap up. He added idiotic conditions to protect himself from it ever becoming a reality, and now you have correctly called me his master. Ghooliashi ForYu.

I have just challenged LeBron James to a 1-on-1 basketball game. The game will take place in Provo Utah and the home of a Browns fan who has a full court on his property. Lebran has 7 days to accept it, or admit that he chickened out.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Used this analogy in another thread.  Liked it so well that I thought it deserved its own.   

The Browns have become the Kobayashi Maru team.  (the no win training exercise from Star Trek).    

What we need is a guy.....an HC, coach, QB...who can do what James T. Kirk did:  whatever it takes to overcome....even if it means cheating. 

Strange analogy but somewhat true. Any 1-31 or 0-16 team has many problems from the top down and not a simple fix. This team is still building for 2019 and beyond maybe star date 2512. :lol:

And the quarterback is just one piece of the big puzzle.

Oh god now we've turned into a bunch of Trekkies........

.......not that there's anything wrong with that. 

12 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh god now we've turned into a bunch of Trekkies........

.......not that there's anything wrong with that. 

:) Always was one- used to sit around the TV back in the '60s every Thursday night. (That was really high tech stuff in the day- and I have to admit a lot of it looks pretty hokey now with the advances in CGI)  I'm not as hardcore as my Niece though- she actually goes to Star Trek Conventions, has autographs from a bunch of cast members, and has a cat named Worf....  

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I would lose. I would not even make the effort. Zomblow brought the fight crap up. He added idiotic conditions to protect himself from it ever becoming a reality, and now you have correctly called me his master. Ghooliashi ForYu.

I have just challenged LeBron James to a 1-on-1 basketball game. The game will take place in Provo Utah and the home of a Browns fan who has a full court on his property. Lebran has 7 days to accept it, or admit that he chickened out.

Why would you not make the effort?   We could do it in Vegas on one of your trips there.  Z can make a trip to Vegas easily enough.  And Stan can go and referree.  Or, maybe Stan would rather participate in the eating contest. 

Just don't challenge him to a Margarita drinking contest.

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

If you truly believe that, why are you here?  Same thing has been said about many other teams in the past, such as the Astros.

This is not complex like the Star Trek scenario.  Just know how to draft impact players and have a competent coaching staff.  That's it!  I do think the Browns have turned the corner with Dorsey in charge. One key will be Wolff ... can he weave some FA magic to go with a solid draft?  Then you got something to build on.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

We already had that guy and he's still coaching this weekend up in New England. 

11 minutes ago, D Bone said:

We already had that guy and he's still coaching this weekend up in New England. 

But, then we went into hiatus.   BB could have gon along with Modell to the Ravens...but Artie didn't want him there.  

So, apparently BB failed the Kobayashi Maru as a cadet...but learned to cheat when he got further along in his second command. 

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why would you not make the effort?   We could do it in Vegas on one of your trips there.  Z can make a trip to Vegas easily enough.  And Stan can go and referree.  Or, maybe Stan would rather participate in the eating contest. 

Just don't challenge him to a Margarita drinking contest.

If we did it in Vegas, I have a gym, I have a ref, and, Ernie is there for me as well. Zomblow would do better in Memphis. Vegas is truly, for more reasons than you know, my jungle.

10 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

If we did it in Vegas, I have a gym, I have a ref, and, Ernie is there for me as well. Zomblow would do better in Memphis. Vegas is truly, for more reasons than you know, my jungle.

Most beautiful woman ever saw was standing in the alcove area at the entrance to the Venetian in a form fitting high class dress with appropriate understated little sparkles here and there. I told my wife that she was looking at $1000 a night standing right there looking innocent as anything. Staff don't chase a woman like that off. They don't have to say a thing and someone will come along and take her in with minimal communication needed. What a place and what a piece!!:D

Archived