THE BROWNS BOARD

Pat Shurmur set to become Giants HC

Marc1971

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000907026/article/giants-expected-to-hire-pat-shurmur-as-head-coach

The New York Giants have zeroed in on their new head coach.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday that Big Blue is expected to hire Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator Pat Shurmur as the team's new coach, per a source informed of the decision.

"I know you're wrong on that one"

"Do you know of any team that does that?"

There is a long list of guys who failed in CLE but did well elsewhere.

The Giants are considered to be a well-run organization.

Having said that, I would be shocked if Pat has success with the NYFG.

Outta all the coaches that CLE has flushed down the toilet, Pat Shurmur stands out as the worst piece of shìt that ever got flushed -  and now that piece of shìt has washed-up on the shores of New Jersey. 

1 hour ago, finger Mellon said:

Outta all the coaches that CLE has flushed down the toilet, Pat Shurmur stands out as the worst piece of shìt that ever got flushed -  and now that piece of shìt has washed-up on the shores of New Jersey. 

Long List?  No there isn't....there is a list of one really.   BB.   The only other guy that did well elsewhere is Marty...and he certainly did no better and got no further than he did here. 

Oh...I guess you could say that Paul Brown did well with the Bengals....but ...again...in comparison with what he did with the Browns?  

NONE of the turds we have had coach here since 1999 did  a damned thing elsewhere. (and I think, only Romeo ever actually got a job elsewhere).

To be fair, by doing nothing we'd achieve more than the Seahawks this offseason. What the what is going on over there? It's stupefyingly, incineratingly bad. 

DC: Ken Norton, fired by Oakland for being terrible.. which takes some doing.

OC: Marty's son Brian Schottenheimer, who has failed with each of Jets, Rams, and now UGA.

If we need a new DC [yes], both Chuck Pagano and Jack DelRio are available.. and they remain excellent.

I can safely say there wasn't a coach I hated more than Pat "deer in the headlights" Shurmer. That was a long dang time ago so who knows maybe he's up to it now, but holy moly. I'll forever have it burned in my mind when the Browns did something stupid and they'd pan to the guy. He seriously looked like he saw a ghost or something, it was so infuriating to me. He had NO business being a HC at the time.

42 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I can safely say there wasn't a coach I hated more than Pat "deer in the headlights" Shurmer. That was a long dang time ago so who knows maybe he's up to it now, but holy moly. I'll forever have it burned in my mind when the Browns did something stupid and they'd pan to the guy. He seriously looked like he saw a ghost or something, it was so infuriating to me. He had NO business being a HC at the time.

Exactly how I feel about Redzone Huey. The only thing that distinguishes him from the Shurmer you describe is that Huey also has a red flag he can abuse.

6 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

you are one fuking moron

On 16-1-2018 at 5:32 PM, jrb12711 said:

Does Shurmur call the actual plays in Minny or does Zim have a huge say?

• 6 months later...
On 1/17/2018 at 5:35 AM, browns52 said:

you are one fuking moron

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

The Browns and the Giants both set franchise records for losses in 2017.  The Giants won 3 games.

Let's see if Pat Shurmer can win more than 3 games for the Giants.

He could win 5 games for the Browns.

I'm eager to see Shurmer do great so that he would prove me wrong.

2 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

Thanks for your thoughtful post.

The Browns and the Giants both set franchise records for losses in 2017.  The Giants won 3 games.

Let's see if Pat Shurmer can win more than 3 games for the Giants.

He could win 5 games for the Browns.

I'm eager to see Shurmer do great so that he would prove me wrong.

As I not so affectionately called him Pat Shure-loss. As Gipper pointed out, we've had some real turds as coaches since 1999, but Pat stands out as the worst. Hue is in the running for that honor, if he doesn't start winning big before he gets fired. 

Archived