THE BROWNS BOARD

Bortles, Foles and Keenum

Richiswhere

15 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Brady is an overrated piece of Sheet. And a cheat. 

:lol:

.......OK so he is a Bill Belichick school of ethics graduate. 

2 hours ago, LionOfBuddha said:

What’s fascinating is how vital defense is to being successful.

Top 5 scoring defenses this year:

1. Vikings

2. Jaguars

3. Chargers

4. Eagles

5. Patriots

The Patriots defense has been playing better of late...but they've been an issue for most of the season.

Defense wins Championships.  -  That statement only starts to make sense when your offense is good enough to get you into the playoffs.  It's in the playoffs where the Defense CAN be the great separator.  It's quite immaterial to us because our offense isn't ANYWHERE NEAR good enough to get us into the playoffs.

Keenum's name will be thrown around in Cleveland in the offseason ... Just saying.

Not by me though.

If we don't have have Consins, Rosen or Darnold under center then I'm going to give up trying to figure out this franchise.

Zombo

10 hours ago, Orion said:

The Patriots defense has been playing better of late...but they've been an issue for most of the season.

Defense wins Championships.  -  That statement only starts to make sense when your offense is good enough to get you into the playoffs.  It's in the playoffs where the Defense CAN be the great separator.  It's quite immaterial to us because our offense isn't ANYWHERE NEAR good enough to get us into the playoffs.

It was obvious that NE had identified Henry as the target to stop dead cold forcing the game onto Mariota to pass or run. They stacked in 7-8 defenders nearly every play with a combination run stopping pass rush that pressured him and took away Henry all game long. Mariota just could not deliver. There were multiple times when Henry was wide open out of the backfield and Mariota just failed to look for him. I would argue that Bortles showed more progress from beginning to end of this season than Mariota. It particularly was shown in the playoff games. And Brady had enough time to build a fire and roast marshmallows while singing cumbaya for his offensive line in their game.

11 hours ago, Orion said:

On the other hand....when a game ends 45-42.....:blink:

14 hours ago, BaconHound said:

None of the three are.  All 3 have good defenses and solid running game

All 3 made the plays they needed to win games..  it takes all 3 phases to win a game...

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And Brady had enough time to build a fire and roast marshmallows while singing cumbaya for his offensive line in their game.

Not SOOooo much in recent years but that point is what Brady has had going for him throughout his career.  I would watch Patriots games and say, "Boy, if OUR guy had HALF that much time even HE could find a receiver."

10 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Bortles = Kiser?

No.  At least not with his play lately.  The question may be can Kizer become like Bortles?  A guy that still has episodes of erratic accuracy...but who cuts down on the TOs....and for some stretches can play up to his draft status.   (Bortles was 3rd overall).

7 hours ago, Zombo said:

Keenum's name will be thrown around in Cleveland in the offseason ... Just saying.

Not by me though.

If we don't have have Consins, Rosen or Darnold under center then I'm going to give up trying to figure out this franchise.

Zombo

A rookie isn't taking this team anywhere but where we've already been. It's time to stop pinning our hopes on them 

Archived