THE BROWNS BOARD

Pittsburgh's Sissy Fans: (did I really say that?) :-0

mjp28

15 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I'm thinking that catch they gave Harris credit for years back should be disallowed too. After all, this is the era of replay and getting it right. Immaculate? More like imaginary. And they complain about pats fans...lol

Under today's rule...that play would have been no big thing.  The only reason it was an issue then was because a rule stated that one offensive player could not tip a ball and have another offensive player catch it...unless a defensive player touched the ball as well in between.    Today...it is just a tipped pass.

Besides....as far as "Greatest Plays Ever" in the pantheon of NFL history....this Minnesota Miracle could trump them all.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, wargograw said:

Because they won't give him a contract.

And, of course, that would be stupid.   Lets see...instead of playing football and getting paid 10 million a year (or whatever)...I will go bag groceries or sell insurance.  Effing brilliant.

I would see Bell's "retirement" just as a ploy to get them not to tag him.....but:  I can see the Steelers organization saying:  Go ahead, retire. Your options are: A. play for us for the 10 mill (or whatever) B. or sit your butt down somewhere and lose at least a full season...which to a running back which has a short life span...is a big chunk of his career.   If you do the latter then it is good for us for two reasons:  A. We don't have to pay you, and B.  We don't have to face you next year.  

17 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

They deserved it? They would laugh at you saying the Browns deserved to go 0 - 16. 

Who laughs the loudest Nick? No Browns fan has anything to laugh at Steeler fans about. They went 13 - 4 and again went to the playoffs. Oh my God, how horrible for Steeler fans that they got to play in the playoffs. OMG, that is so fukcing embarrassing. 

But hey, go ahead, ask a Falcon, Saints, Titans, Chiefs, fan how much rather they would have been a Browns fan this year. Ask them how horrible it was to be in the playoffs instead of having an 0 - 16 circle-jerk or a parade while everyone else was playing football.

Dude, Every year,  32 teams contend for the playoffs. Only 2 go to the show, and only 1 wins. The Steelers had a ticket to the event. They lost whil trying to accomplish something historical. The Browns haven't won a fukcking game in 2 years. 

Front runners? Yeah..............BROWNS FANS ARE FRAKs

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-the-browns-stadium-is-almost-empty-for-game-vs-steelers/

Of course they deserved it.. They were lookin ahead to New England..  They thought all they had to do was juice up.. give the refs some brown envelopes and show up.. And guess what.. the poor stooley's lost.. And yeah.. Thats right Tom.. the Browns did deserve to go 0-16 with the pos regime that is/was in place...

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Of course they deserved it.. They were lookin ahead to New England..  They thought all they had to do was juice up.. give the refs some brown envelopes and show up.. And guess what.. the poor stooley's lost.. And yeah.. Thats right Tom.. the Browns did deserve to go 0-16 with the pos regime that is/was in place...

Nickers,

how do you know the Steelers were looking past the Jags? Anything can happen in football man. The Steelers got outplayed, that's what I saw. It wasn't an butt kicking, but they didn't have answers for what Jax did.

But, wait, if you are saying the reason the Steelers lost was because they let down...........then essentially doesn't that make you a Steeler fan? It does, because essentially what you are saying is you see the Steelers as a superior team who gave this game away to a lesser team. THAT is the same crying-in-one's-beer narrative that a Steeler fan espouses.

" Boo Hoo....we are the better team but we looked past Jax when we should have killed them"

You gotta make up your mind bro? Are YOU a Steelers fan? It seems you are, and that you believe your team let one get away. 

LMAO.

You know I luv ya MAH NIKKAZ

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Nickers,

how do you know the Steelers were looking past the Jags? Anything can happen in football man. The Steelers got outplayed, that's what I saw. It wasn't an butt kicking, but they didn't have answers for what Jax did.

But, wait, if you are saying the reason the Steelers lost was because they let down...........then essentially doesn't that make you a Steeler fan? It does, because essentially what you are saying is you see the Steelers as a superior team who gave this game away to a lesser team. THAT is the same crying-in-one's-beer narrative that a Steeler fan espouses.

" Boo Hoo....we are the better team but we looked past Jax when we should have killed them"

You gotta make up your mind bro? Are YOU a Steelers fan? It seems you are, and that you believe your team let one get away. 

LMAO.

The bottom line , whether or not you like them.. They clearly got beat and manhandled by the superior team.. They got "Pittsburghed" by the Jags... They got taste of they're own medicine , basically...

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And, of course, that would be stupid.   Lets see...instead of playing football and getting paid 10 million a year (or whatever)...I will go bag groceries or sell insurance.  Effing brilliant.

I would see Bell's "retirement" just as a ploy to get them not to tag him.....but:  I can see the Steelers organization saying:  Go ahead, retire. Your options are: A. play for us for the 10 mill (or whatever) B. or sit your butt down somewhere and lose at least a full season...which to a running back which has a short life span...is a big chunk of his career.   If you do the latter then it is good for us for two reasons:  A. We don't have to pay you, and B.  We don't have to face you next year.  

Bell's situation is a little bit foggy Gip, as his franchise tag expires at the end of the league year, making him an UFA again. Can the Steelers slap the Reserve\Retired tag on him? Not sure.  He shouldn't be crying about being franchised- because he made more- way more than any other running back in 2017. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/contract-value/running-back/veteran/  If the Steelers tag him again he'll have more guaranteed money in his pocket than Devonta Freeman who currently has the fattest RB contract in the NFL. 

"A player may write to the Commissioner stating their intent to retire. Upon approval of the Commissioner, the player can be added to the Reserve/Retired list. If this occurs before the start of training camp, that player must acknowledge that they will not be able to play for any team for the remainder of that season. Should a player decide to seek reinstatement after that season, they will only be eligible to play for the team from which they retired."

13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Nickers,

LMAO.

I don't think the Steelers "let down" or "looked past Jacksonville".  I think they just got beat by a better team.  

Steelers may have had the better QB...and the better WRs.....but I am not sure that Bell is any better than Fournette.  Both are outstanding...and that was a wash.  Steelers probably have the better OL.    But the Jags had the far superior defense.

And that made all the difference...even though they gave up 42 points.  The game only appeared to be as close as it seemed because the Steelers scored a TD with one second left.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Bell's situation is a little bit foggy Gip, as his franchise tag expires at the end of the league year, making him an UFA again. Can the Steelers slap the Reserve\Retired tag on him? Not sure.  He shouldn't be crying about being franchised- because he made more- way more than any other running back in 2017. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/contract-value/running-back/veteran/  If the Steelers tag him again he'll have more guaranteed money in his pocket than Devonta Freeman who currently has the fattest RB contract in the NFL. 

"A player may write to the Commissioner stating their intent to retire. Upon approval of the Commissioner, the player can be added to the Reserve/Retired list. If this occurs before the start of training camp, that player must acknowledge that they will not be able to play for any team for the remainder of that season. Should a player decide to seek reinstatement after that season, they will only be eligible to play for the team from which they retired."

I suppose if worst comes to worst....the Steelers and Bell can always enter into a "long term" deal.   (Whatever long term means to an NFL RB).

Of course, maybe, just maybe the Steelers are thinking:   "We have squeezed this turkey sufficiently. We have gotten the best 5 years of his career out of him.  He will be entering his 6th season in the NFL...and NFL RBs have an average career of only about 3 years.  Let this arsewipe walk.  We can pick up another good RB in the draft...and maybe we can make this kid James Conner into a Bell clone.  As long as we have BR at the helm, our offense will move well.  When LB was suspended for 4 games our offense did not miss a beat...so let him walk."

51 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I suppose if worst comes to worst....the Steelers and Bell can always enter into a "long term" deal.   (Whatever long term means to an NFL RB).

Of course, maybe, just maybe the Steelers are thinking:   "We have squeezed this turkey sufficiently. We have gotten the best 5 years of his career out of him.  He will be entering his 6th season in the NFL...and NFL RBs have an average career of only about 3 years.  Let this arsewipe walk.  We can pick up another good RB in the draft...and maybe we can make this kid James Conner into a Bell clone.  As long as we have BR at the helm, our offense will move well.  When LB was suspended for 4 games our offense did not miss a beat...so let him walk."

What if Roethlisberger retires after a career of multiple injuries?  LB's leverage will get much stronger! 

What if both retire/leave? There will be parties in the AFCN for sure.

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

What if Roethlisberger retires after a career of multiple injuries?  LB's leverage will get much stronger! 

BR not retiring.   Not this year.  He will be back.  He is a liar and a drama queen...but he is not retiring.    Though...he said he was coming back....so maybe he is lying about that as well.   But I don't think so. He stayed healthy all year long.  Thanks to his OL/OL coach.   Some arsewipe on here said the Pitt OL was terrible.   Yet it was BR himself who complimented them on the job they did all year long....and said that they are the one big reason he is coming back.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

BR not retiring.   Not this year.  He will be back.  He is a liar and a drama queen...but he is not retiring.    Though...he said he was coming back....so maybe he is lying about that as well.   But I don't think so. He stayed healthy all year long.  Thanks to his OL/OL coach.   Some arsewipe on here said the Pitt OL was terrible.   Yet it was BR himself who complimented them on the job they did all year long....and said that they are the one big reason he is coming back.

That is a big point an old(er) QB with a bad OL is grounds for leaving.  Ben also said prior to the 2017 that he was "open to retirement" I personally think that he figured the Steelers had a shot at a super bowl run. An then there's one of my favorite subjects "show me the money". And yes Ben is already fabulously wealthy but.......

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ben-roethlisberger-3595/

Current Contract

Ben Roethlisberger signed a 4 year, $87,400,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $31,000,000 signing bonus, $31,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $21,850,000. In 2018, Roethlisberger will earn a base salary of $12,000,000 and a roster bonus of $5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of $23,200,000 and a dead cap value of $12,400,000.

CONTRACT TERMS:4 yr(s) / $87,400,000 SIGNING BONUS$31,000,000 AVERAGE SALARY$21,850,000 GTD AT SIGN:$31,000,000 TOTAL GTD:$31,000,000 FREE AGENT:2020 / UFA
  BONUS BREAKDOWN CAP DETAILS CASH DETAILS  
YEAR   AGE BASE SALARY SIGNING ROSTER RESTRUCTURE CAP HIT DEAD CAP YEARLY CASH  
2015 Contract details by year 32 $1,000,000 $6,200,000 $3,250,000 $6,795,000 $17,245,000 $37,795,000 $35,257,482($35,257,482)  
2016 Contract details by year 33 $17,750,000 $6,200,000 - - $23,950,000 $42,550,000 $17,750,000($53,007,482)  
2017 Contract details by year 34 $12,000,000 $6,200,000 - - $18,200,000 $30,600,000 $12,000,000($65,007,482)  

POTENTIAL OUT: 2018, 3 YR, $65,007,482; $12,400,000 DEAD CAP

2018 Contract details by year 35 $12,000,000 $6,200,000 $5,000,000 - $23,200,000 $12,400,000 $17,000,000($82,007,482)  
2019 Contract details by year 36 $12,000,000 $6,200,000 $5,000,000 - $23,200,000 $6,200,000 $17,000,000($99,007,482)  
2020 Free Agent Year 37 UFA  
Contract Notes:
  • $31M fully guaranteed (Signing Bonus)
  • 2016-17 salaries  ($29.75M) guaranteed for injury only
  • Incentives: $9M (2018-19 escalators)
  • 2018 Roster Bonus: $5M (due 3/18/2018)
  • 2019 Roster Bonus: $5M (due the 5th league day of 2019)

21 hours ago, nickers said:

The bottom line , whether or not you like them.. They clearly got beat and manhandled by the superior team.. They got "Pittsburghed" by the Jags... They got taste of they're own medicine , basically...

why do you say that ? i didn't notice the jags taking cheap shots like pit does

7 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The parties won't last long. The Steelers are a great franchise. Regardless of what Ben does, the Steelers will use the Browns for toilet paper.

On 1/15/2018 at 8:55 PM, boo fagley said:

Bell is set to become a FA again.The tag is bad because it is a 1 year death sentence. Sure its lots of money, but an injury can prevent you from ever playing again and a shot at the big money contract. Job security too knowing that youll be around a few years.

The Steelers will be favored but times change. Players are lost for the season more and more because of the lack of practice time due to the last CBA. Losing a game like that can have lasting effects. If Haley goes then Ben is in a new offense. Crowning dey axx now would be premature.

This is a YAWNER.................. always ayushole Browns fans thinking that the Steelers are going to fall apart because of player losses. Then on game day, while the Browns are getting their livers kicked out of their ayusholes......Browns fans, looking like they just ate a fresh schidt sandwich, mouth agape, weep out...." waaa. waaaa, where did they find that guy?

The Browns will not finish ahead of the Steelers at any time in the next 10 seasons.

1 hour ago, syd said:

why do you say that ? i didn't notice the jags taking cheap shots like pit does

I'm just saying.. the out physicalled  them in a huge way.. they dominated on all sides...

Pittsburgh is in it's last golden days. Soon it will retreat back into the depths from which it was found.

Tomlin isn't that good he's just good at being a cheap, one trick pony. When Rothlisberger is done, so is Tomlin. When Tomlin and Rothlisberger are gone, so is Brown... and down the dominos fall.

The Ravens are the same. When Flacco goes, so flies the raven. Neither defense is what it once was and the offense provided by their cheapshot coaches and one trick QBs will not last forever. Their days are also numbered.

The Bengals will forever be the Bengals. Marvis Lewis is an old Hue Jackson with better tools to work with. Still bungles the same bugles that fills the air with cringful woe.  

The Browns, with their vast youth and depth. The history and the city must unite and bring back the bark! The crown is just over the horizon if we've the courage to chase it. 

19 hours ago, mjp28 said:

That is a big point an old(er) QB with a bad OL is grounds for leaving.  Ben also said prior to the 2017 that he was "open to retirement" I personally think that he figured the Steelers had a shot at a super bowl run. An then there's one of my favorite subjects "show me the money". And yes Ben is already fabulously wealthy but.......

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/ben-roethlisberger-3595/

Looks like Ben has about $23 million reasons to play another year....  

On 1/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, PoeticG said:

<<Pittsburgh is in it's last golden days. Soon it will retreat back into the depths from which it was found.>>

So, you recognize the Steelers as one of the very best. Good.

<<Tomlin isn't that good he's just good at being a cheap, one trick pony. When Rothlisberger is done, so is Tomlin. When Tomlin and Rothlisberger are gone, so is Brown... and down the dominos fall.>>

If Tomlin is not that good, why are the Steelers going to be worse when he leaves? Antonio Brown? He is going to be done when Tomlin is gone? WTF dude, stop eating lead paint chips.

<<The Ravens are the same. When Flacco goes, so flies the raven. Neither defense is what it once was and the offense provided by their cheapshot coaches and one trick QBs will not last forever. Their days are also numbered.>>

If Ben and Flacco are 1 trick ponies....ahhhhh......why are they still better than the Browns?

The Bengals will forever be the Bengals. Marvis Lewis is an old Hue Jackson with better tools to work with. Still bungles the same bugles that fills the air with cringful woe.  

<<The Browns, with their vast youth and depth.>>

Fresh Schidt, piled up high................depth as in an outhouse.

<<The history and the city must unite and bring back the bark! >>

How can history do anything? History is an accounting of the past. It is not a living entity. Speaking of history........THe Browns have an 18 year history of losing football.....The Drive, Fumble and Red Right are part of history............. SO is trading Warfield................You want that to unite with what?

Also..............the "BARK" is not a part of the Browns legacy. The Dawgs is a modern moniker that has absolutley nothing to do with the Browns. The birth of the Dawg Pound historically is the marker of the Browns falling from greatness. 

Did you ever see the TV Show Green Acres? You sound like Oliver Wendell Douglas espousing a lot of meaningless bullschidt while the fifes play in the background

On 1/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, PoeticG said:

The crown is just over the horizon if we've the courage to chase it. 

Are you out of your fukcking mind? 0 -16? Just over the Horizon. Dude, WTF are you smoking? And WTF are you talking about if we have the courage? WTF does courage have to do with anything?

FDR said "we have nothing to fear but fear itself"......You are like FDR. Except instead of having a powerful position and the nationwide audience, you are wearing a replica helmet and addressing your ballsack.

Archived