THE BROWNS BOARD

Pittsburgh's Sissy Fans: (did I really say that?) :-0

mjp28

I don't think anyone here or anywhere will debate the black and white (not gold) facts:

From 1933 to 1970+ the steelrz stunk, -0- playoff games.

From the 1970+ on the stable ownership, FO, coaching vastly improved helping the overall team performance.  EOM.

:)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't have a Steeler jersey, although I did have a Terry Bradshaw replica game jersey back in the day. Steelers are a great team. I was sad to see them lose, expecially because they were the best team in the AFC. Tomlin is Hue. Tomlin is Marty and Bernie all rolled in to one turd. 4th and a foot, they have  a huge QB, and they call a pitchout? WTF?

I hate to see ANYONE play prevent-win football. Marty and Bernie were the creators of it, the masters of it, and now, we see most NFL teams playing not to lose. Todays was a prime example.

I like the Steelers, what can I say? They are a far better franchise than the Browns. This cannot be debated, and one can only hope that Haslam sells or moves the team. Ben showed why he is headed to the HOF on the first ballot. He made some great throws, even though, like Brady, his release has grown slow.

LOL,, Go become a stooler fan Tommy... I'm glad they got theyre asses kicked.. they deserved it..

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Haden made big league plays all day long. Made the Browns look like dumb schidts

The Browns were dumb shites for letting Haden go.   

But the Jags just scored  45 points on that defense.....so literally no one on that defense made plays.  

It is what I said preseason:    The Steelers offense will be good enough for them to win the division (because overall the other teams in this division are just mediocre at best...overall).  But, I said, they will get bounced early in the playoffs because that defense just isn't very good at all..

So, my prescience was right on.   Should I brag about it the next 100 years as Glommie would?

12 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't have a Steeler jersey, although I did have a Terry Bradshaw replica game jersey back in the day. Steelers are a great team. I was sad to see them lose, expecially because they were the best team in the AFC. Tomlin is Hue. Tomlin is Marty and Bernie all rolled in to one turd. 4th and a foot, they have  a huge QB, and they call a pitchout? WTF?

I hate to see ANYONE play prevent-win football. Marty and Bernie were the creators of it, the masters of it, and now, we see most NFL teams playing not to lose. Todays was a prime example.

I like the Steelers, what can I say? They are a far better franchise than the Browns. This cannot be debated, and one can only hope that Haslam sells or moves the team. Ben showed why he is headed to the HOF on the first ballot. He made some great throws, even though, like Brady, his release has grown slow.

These Steelers are far from a great team....and far from the best in the AFC.   They got beat down twice by JAX...and lost to NE. 

And where the hell do you get it that Tomlin played prevent defense?   They were down 28-7 at one point. 

BR is a great QB and will be headed to the HOF.....(but don't be surprised if he does NOT get in on his first ballot......a number of voters very well may not vote for him at first because of his history of being a rapist). 

And the Steelers are not a better franchise than the Browns.......but at this point they DO have better ownership, and coaching (you would not argue that Hue is better than Tomlin...would anyone?). If you count their fans as part of the franchise...they suckass relative to the Browns. (but fans, no, have nothing to do with it)

We have to hope our new GM and group: Dorsey, Highsmith, Wolf....can turn things around.

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

When you have a 13-3 record and you're only down 7-14 points - booing and empty seats said it all.  LOVED that!

Here is a point I addressed above:   Can a team's fans be considered "part of the franchise".    I think not.  But it is a fact...that stadium was emptying out even when the Squibs were making a comeback and got within striking distance.  Now...THAT is a fan base that are just a bunch of Pink Tacos. (note:  slang for vaginas)

32 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

We may have just seen Bens last shot at another AFC Championship game.

I see why he wants to retire.

Not sure about that.   BR certainly not retiring.  He has always been the biggest liar this side of DT...and about as big of a drama queen.  At least now he says he will be back.  And he will still have A. Brown...and though Bell may run off....he still will have the Mike  Munchak coached OL in front of him. And they will be good.   But their defense is as bad as the Browns...so their offense BR/Brown et al will have to carry them again. 

And...it is unlikely that the other two teams:  Ravens/Bengals...will improve much if at all.   So....like this year, they can make the playoffs by default.  And just getting in always gives a team a chance.

I think Roethlesberger  is gonna be one of the QB's who don't know when it's time to hang it up. I'm glad he's coming back, because I think his best days are behind him. He's looking old and used up. Only reason he looked good in the second half was because of his receivers. He basically just "threw it up" and the receivers made amazing catches. 

5 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I think Roethlesberger  is gonna be one of the QB's who don't know when it's time to hang it up. I'm glad he's coming back, because I think his best days are behind him. He's looking old and used up. Only reason he looked good in the second half was because of his receivers. He basically just "threw it up" and the receivers made amazing catches. 

Well that was Bradshaw's MO a lot of the time.

WSS

2 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Unlike our beloved Brownies who have a rookie quarterback , well second year guy shortly and zero deep threats the steelrz have the best WR in the NFL (and on my FL) and a good bunch of other targets. A decent OL oh yeah and one of the best RBs in football......unless he retires. Return? Not really a terribly difficult decision for the big ox but I hope he retires......or comes to Cleveland :lol:

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The Browns were dumb shites for letting Haden go.   

But the Jags just scored  45 points on that defense.....so literally no one on that defense made plays.  

It is what I said preseason:    The Steelers offense will be good enough for them to win the division (because overall the other teams in this division are just mediocre at best...overall).  But, I said, they will get bounced early in the playoffs because that defense just isn't very good at all..

So, my prescience was right on.   Should I brag about it the next 100 years as Glommie would?

Image result for bowing gif

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Unlike our beloved Brownies who have a rookie quarterback , well second year guy shortly and zero deep threats the steelrz have the best WR in the NFL (and on my FL) and a good bunch of other targets. A decent OL oh yeah and one of the best RBs in football......unless he retires. Return? Not really a terribly difficult decision for the big ox but I hope he retires......or comes to Cleveland :lol:

Why would Bell retire?  I understand actually that he is to be an unrestricted FA.    Correct me if that is wrong.

56 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

There will be a candle light vigil Thursday evening for the stool fans that drank the koolaid

Not sure why they should.   They should have known...just as I knew that their defense was not up to caliber.

Even if there is some glimmer of truth in what Glommie has to say:  that Offense wins championships.....then it is also true to say that an inadequate defense can LOSE championships....even if you have the offense.  Had it happened...had they by chance gotten by the Jags....then Tom Brady would have carved up that defense like they were the Thanksgiving Turkey. But the Jags....with Blake Bortles and Fournette, did it instead to save them the embarassment.

MIN at PHI next Sunday what will happen there? Will anybody get blackjack (21)? Currently MIN -3' and O/U 38.

And JAX at NE with NE -9 and the O/U is 46'.......take the points? JAX -9, hmmmmmm, or a sucker's dream?

10 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

MIN at PHI next Sunday what will happen there? Will anybody get blackjack (21)? Currently MIN -3' and O/U 38.

And JAX at NE with NE -9 and the O/U is 46'.......take the points? JAX -9, hmmmmmm, or a sucker's dream?

Off topic.  This thread is for relating how Steeler fans are a bunch of Fairweather or FRAK fans.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

The NFL is a funny thing.

The Falcons were a sure bet to get back to the Super Bowl. Nobody saw the Viking or Eagles being this good. You know, the Browns could very well beat Pitt next year for a win and the Ravens and Bengals steal a win from them and then division is a closer horse race after you add the other games that Pitt will lose.

Bell says that he will not play under the franchise tag again. Bryant could be gone with JUJU getting more playing time. If you ask me Ben has lost confidence in Tomlin. His stupid decisions led to their downfall again.Tomlin is a player appeaser talking smack along with them. Rumor has that Mitchell was outside the Jags locker room before the game running his mouth to them.

The only sure bet in the NFL is that things will change.

I think it may be more that BR has lost confidence in Todd Haley....so he may be the one to go and not Tomlin.  Steelers will not can a coach that just won a division. 

Are the Squibs really thinking hard about tagging Bell?  I suppose he would be considered one of the top 5 RBs in the league.   

And I am curious as to why these stupid players think the franchise tag is so bad?  You are paid the average of the Top 5 players at your position in the league. ...even if you don't come close to being that. (though..Bell does).  Is it because they really want more money?  Or because they want a longer term deal....more security and all that? 

The Steelers will be in contention as long as BR is playing there.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Off topic.  This thread is for relating how Steeler fans are a bunch of Fairweather or FRAK fans.

Hey wait a minute I started this thread....... I think. OK I'll post the comment elsewhere. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not sure why they should.   They should have known...just as I knew that their defense was not up to caliber.

Even if there is some glimmer of truth in what Glommie has to say:  that Offense wins championships.....then it is also true to say that an inadequate defense can LOSE championships....even if you have the offense.  Had it happened...had they by chance gotten by the Jags....then Tom Brady would have carved up that defense like they were the Thanksgiving Turkey. But the Jags....with Blake Bortles and Fournette, did it instead to save them the embarassment.

I'm thinking that catch they gave Harris credit for years back should be disallowed too. After all, this is the era of replay and getting it right. Immaculate? More like imaginary. And they complain about pats fans...lol

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think it may be more that BR has lost confidence in Todd Haley....so he may be the one to go and not Tomlin.  Steelers will not can a coach that just won a division.

I'm starting to think the Steelers will never fire a head coach again.

They haven't fired a head coach since 1968 or 1969.

Sweet Jesus.

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm starting to think the Steelers will never fire a head coach again.

They haven't fired a head coach since 1968 or 1969.

Sweet Jesus.

It was 1968 the year I graduated high school,  50 years ago :o

From 1933-1968 they only had TWO coaches with barely over .500 records. 50 freakin years.

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

It was 1968 the year I graduated high school,  50 years ago :o

From 1933-1968 they only had TWO coaches with barely over .500 records. 50 freakin years.

The Tet Offensive is more historically recent than the Steelers last firing of a head coach. Wow.

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Tet Offensive is more historically recent than the Steelers last firing of a head coach. Wow.

Just a technicality but the Tet offensive in 1968 was very early (Jan-Feb) and the Steelers fired Austin after the 1968 season.

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just a technicality but the Tet offensive in 1968 was very early (Jan-Feb) and the Steelers fired Austin after the 1968 season.

Oh yeah... For some reason I was thinking Tet happened at the beginning of '69, not '68.

59 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Oh yeah... For some reason I was thinking Tet happened at the beginning of '69, not '68.

Yeah I graduated high school in 1968 started college in 1968~1969 year 1 I thought the new pit coach took over in the fall of 1969......still 50ish years ago.

1968 was a wild year Tet, RFK, MLK assassinated, riots, a lot of stuff.

11 hours ago, nickers said:

LOL,, Go become a stooler fan Tommy... I'm glad they got theyre asses kicked.. they deserved it..

They deserved it? They would laugh at you saying the Browns deserved to go 0 - 16. 

Who laughs the loudest Nick? No Browns fan has anything to laugh at Steeler fans about. They went 13 - 4 and again went to the playoffs. Oh my God, how horrible for Steeler fans that they got to play in the playoffs. OMG, that is so fukcing embarrassing. 

But hey, go ahead, ask a Falcon, Saints, Titans, Chiefs, fan how much rather they would have been a Browns fan this year. Ask them how horrible it was to be in the playoffs instead of having an 0 - 16 circle-jerk or a parade while everyone else was playing football.

Dude, Every year,  32 teams contend for the playoffs. Only 2 go to the show, and only 1 wins. The Steelers had a ticket to the event. They lost whil trying to accomplish something historical. The Browns haven't won a fukcking game in 2 years. 

Front runners? Yeah..............BROWNS FANS ARE FRAKs

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/look-the-browns-stadium-is-almost-empty-for-game-vs-steelers/

8 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The Steelers had a ticket to the event. They lost whil trying to accomplish something historical.

Front runners? Yeah..............BROWNS FANS ARE FRAKs

Awww, does someone need his pacifier?  So today you're not a Browns' fan again?  Gee, nobody saw that coming.

Your Pittsburgh was trying to accomplish something historical or hysterical?  I know I laughed my A$$$ off while you cried like a baby. 

Archived