THE BROWNS BOARD

QB mike white

LBC mike

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Thoughts?   I say pick him up later in the draft.  Remove Hogan from the qb room and give this kid a shot.   Decent college numbers.

Not much later... DraftScout gave him a 3rd round grade.

From a writer prepping for his week in Mobile, Alabama....

After breaking down the WKU film this past weekend, I was incredibly impressed by White’s poise, patience, accuracy and overall awareness. I’m told he’s a favorite of Cleveland Browns general manager John Dorsey.

http://draftanalyst.com/hello-mobile-0

Interesting.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/19351953/mel-kiper-way-too-early-2018-nfl-draft-rankings-top-prospects-every-position

Quarterbacks

Seniors

1. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
2. Luke Falk, Washington State
3. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
4. Matt Linehan, Idaho
5. Mike White, Western Kentucky

Underclassmen

1. *Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
4. Lamar Jackson, Louisville
5. Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Interesting.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/19351953/mel-kiper-way-too-early-2018-nfl-draft-rankings-top-prospects-every-position

Quarterbacks

Seniors

1. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
2. Luke Falk, Washington State
3. Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
4. Matt Linehan, Idaho
5. Mike White, Western Kentucky

Underclassmen

1. *Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Allen, Wyoming
3. Josh Rosen, UCLA
4. Lamar Jackson, Louisville
5. Clayton Thorson, Northwestern

This is an irrelevant post. Who cares whether someone is a senior or an underclassman reallyThis is an irrelevant post. Who cares whether someone is a senior or an underclassman really

it lends credence to White's value as a prospect, regardless that it was from May. And, it shows what is usually? the extra

year of having played in college, for whatever that's worth. Sounds like somebody is enraged because rosie is #3. It's just another opinion.

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

it lends credence to White's value as a prospect, regardless that it was from May. And, it shows what is usually? the extra

year of having played in college, for whatever that's worth. Sounds like somebody is enraged because rosie is #3. It's just another opinion.

Enraged? :lol:

Why wouldn't you actually post a positional ranking that is current? I'm sure they exist.

• 3 weeks later...

Brandon Silvers TROY

YEAR

GP COMP ATT YDS COMP % TD  
2014 11 191 271 1,836 70.5 % 11  
2015 11 202 330 2,378 61.2 % 20  
2016 13 293 460 3,180 63.7 % 23  
2017 13 283 443 3,290 63.9 % 17  
Totals 48 969 1,504 10,684 64.4 % 71  

2013 South Florida American FR QB 6 93 175 53.1 1083 6.2 4.2 3 9 100.5
2014 South Florida American SO QB 11 122 242 50.4 1639 6.8 6.1 8 7 112.4
*2015 Western Kentucky CUSA JR QB                    
*2016 Western Kentucky CUSA JR QB 14 280 416 67.3 4363 10.5 11.5 37 7 181.4
*2017 Western Kentucky CUSA SR QB 13 368 560 65.7 4177 7.5 7.7 26 8 140.8

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Take him in the fifth or sixth round and that will be fine

nfldraftcountdown has him round 2-3 already, way before the combine. My opinion, after the combine he is at least

a lock for a high round two pick.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=128411&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB

Believe it or not.. I have Mike White as My dark horse in this draft... there's just something about him.. He might surprise..

Really Cal- now you have to dig up second & third rate prospects to try and score points? Walter Football rankings.  Mike White, #12 prospect, projected round 5-FA. Brandon Silvers #17 prospect, projected round 7-FA.  

White:  Heavy feet takes time to set up in the pocket. Lacks feel for pressure off the edges and drops his eyes when he sees pocket push. Pocket mobility is poor. Was responsible for his share of the 46 sacks. Sluggish processor when initial reads are covered. Stayed on covered targets rather than finding better options. Relies too heavily on arm over anticipation. Looks lethargic when trying to roll and throw. Fumbled 12 times this year and 17 times over two seasons.

Silvers: So little thought of nfl.com doesn't even have a profile on him, FA at best.  And he's so impressive, he didn't even get invited to the combine...   

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

He will likely be better than Allen in the pros

Cal flunked math 64% or 65% < 70% definitely- better than 56%. Only thing this thread proves is he's got his head so far up Allen's a$$ it's starting to get funny. 

200w.webp

I've only watched 2 of his games, both from this year.   Vs GA State and MTSU.

What I've seen I have really enjoyed.  Mainly because I like his eye work.  A bit long armed in his throwing motion... but there IS something there that shows a certain potential that makes me giddy.    Will be watching more soon.  

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

Cal flunked math 64% or 65% < 70% definitely- better than 56%. Only thing this thread proves is he's got his head so far up Allen's a$$ it's starting to get funny. 

200w.webp

Lay off Larry. You're throwing all the votes his way in the PoG BoneheadAward Competition.:lol: The rest of us won't have a chance to win it at this rate.:angry:

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

nfldraftcountdown has him round 2-3 already, way before the combine. My opinion, after the combine he is at least

a lock for a high round two pick.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=128411&draftyear=2018&genpos=QB

The question was: where should the Browns take him?    If he goes in round 2...he won't be coming to the Browns....but to some other team that likely has an established QB.

Archived