Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Dick Mellon

Shurmur Top Candidate for Giants HC

Recommended Posts

"Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

"Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

He could be like that other HC dud the Browns had- Romeo Crenell, great coordinator, lousy HC. When he was with the Browns I affectionately called him Pat Sure-loss. Certainly in the running  in my "worst Browns coach ever" list. BTW, Hue Jackson is rapidly moving up in the standings..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hoorta said:

He could be like that other HC dud the Browns had- Romeo Crenell, great coordinator, lousy HC. When he was with the Browns I affectionately called him Pat Sure-loss. Certainly in the running  in my "worst Browns coach ever" list. BTW, Hue Jackson is rapidly moving up in the standings..  

How can you move up that list when you are already 1-31? 1-47?;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

"Shurmur is highly regarded inside the Giants' building, far more than people realize." Pat Shurmer is also considered to be a top candidate for the Arizona job. - -  from NFL dot com. 

Damn, I would be so surprised if this guy gets any job and has any success.  I always assumed that he was simply a Holmgren cronie and had no redeeming qualities.

Shurmur was completely clueless here as HC.    He was a walking, talking bottle of Lunesta...and his players played like they were on it.  (a top brand of sleeping pills).  Oh...his redeeming quality was that he seemed like a nice man.  

But to quote one of all of our favorite movies:   "Oh no....I am a very good man....I am just a very bad wizard".  (insert football HC)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, Gipper, you characterized him perfectly.  He reminded me of the way Cam Cameron was as a HC at Miami.  He seemed lost a clueless.  These guys can be decent coordinators but it seems that the Head Coach position is way over their heads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, finger Mellon said:

Yes, Gipper, you characterized him perfectly.  He reminded me of the way Cam Cameron was as a HC at Miami.  He seemed lost a clueless.  These guys can be decent coordinators but it seems that the Head Coach position is way over their heads. 

But some OCs won't admit it despite failures as HCs in Oakland and Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patsy would not be the first HC to fail the first time he had the job and come back better the second time around.

The OC work he's done with two teams since his HC stint with us has certainly earned him a second shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×