THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agents

darren15

49 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Would anyone be excited by any of these 5 or very disappointed ?

1. Cousins... :(
  2. Trumaine... :)
  3. Hill... :(
  4. Nelson... :(
  5. Clark... :(

Trumaine has good years left, but I would pass on the others. I just don't get the love for Cousins, but we'll see what the experts think in March.

Mike

Cousins was the 8th rated quarterback last year. He was 6th the year before and 12th the year before that. He's been a quality starter ever since he got the starting job. I don't understand how people don't give him more love. I don't think he's a top 5 guy but he has been very good. We are desperate for a QB and a top 10-15 guy is out there for the taking and people on this board turn their noses up at him. I don't get it

3 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Cousins was the 8th rated quarterback last year. He was 6th the year before and 12th the year before that. He's been a quality starter ever since he got the starting job. I don't understand how people don't give him more love. I don't think he's a top 5 guy but he has been very good. We are desperate for a QB and a top 10-15 guy is out there for the taking and people on this board turn their noses up at him. I don't get it

Either do I.

He solves a HUGE problem and allows us to draft more immediate help.

Zombo

10 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

9 hours ago, Zombo said:

Either do I.

He solves a HUGE problem and allows us to draft more immediate help.

Zombo

I would say that the problem with Cousins is the contract.

He'll ask for a HUGE contract wherever he lands on, and to end up playing for the Browns it would be an even bigger contract, I cannot imagine how big would it be. 

If you are going to make him the best paid QB in the league, you might rather draft a QB (now that we have #1 and #4) and a cheaper but reliable QB in free agency. Cousins contract might not be a problem in 2018, but in 2019 and 2020 it will be a headache, and we are not sure we'll have a contending team by then. 

If we were a QB away from being SB contenders it would be a no brainer taking him I'd say.

KIRK COUSINS IS A WINNER. NOT A LOT OF FLASH BUT JUST GETS THE JOB DONE.  KINDA LIKE BERNIE KOSAR. HE HAS A GOOD 5-7 YEARS IN HIM.  TIME TO SPEND SOME SALARY CAP MONEY. WITH QB LOCKED DOWN GET BARKLEY AT 1 AND BEST O-LINEMAN OR MICAH AT DB. IF QB IS THE TOP PRIORITY LETS LOCK IT DOWN AND MOVE ON.

1 hour ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I would rather pay Cousins 24 mil a year and not have to worry about the position for 5 years than spend 18 mil on a mediocre QB that may not get the job done. I'm a huge Bridgewater fan but I would still rather pay cousins than risk Bridgewater and our 1st pick failing. 

To do that we can trade for Smith for less amount of money.

Honestly we might just do this again^^..jimmy spent over 100m last season on FA’s that won zero games. One so bad we just cut him. Can’t put that on Jimmy. Most agree the guy to pay is Cousins. I Agree. Would Smith agree to come here to a GM that thought trading a future in KC draft picks was worth finding Alex’s replacement? I don’t see that coming. With Hue still around we may see left over table scraps in AJ, a broken Bradford, or a soon to be well over paid Tyrod Taylor getting more than Oswieler money..Duke lead this team in receiving as did McCoy in Buffalo..Hope for the best..but as of now..PAY Cousins..please$$

22 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:
  1. He's been a quality starter ever since he got the starting job.
  2. Cousins was the 8th rated quarterback last year. He was 6th the year before and 12th the year before that.
  1. Yes, he has been a quality starter, but is his performance commensurate with the highest salary in the league?
  2. Not sure what measure you are using, but Cousins' Offense's redzone TD ranking is 16th, 30th, and 11th in those same years.

Shame some of these are not free agents this year :)

Travis Benjamin WR
Karlos Dansby LB
Tashaun Gipson S
Alex Mack C
Craig Robertson LB
Mitchell Schwartz  OL
Dion Lewis RB
Joe Haden CB
Calvin Pryor  S
Demario Davis LB

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

Shame some of these are not free agents this year :)

Travis Benjamin WR
Karlos Dansby LB
Tashaun Gipson S
Alex Mack C
Craig Robertson LB
Mitchell Schwartz  OL
Dion Lewis RB
Joe Haden CB
Calvin Pryor  S
Demario Davis LB

Only game changer there that bugs me is Dion Lewis. He was having a great year with us until he broke his leg. Don't know why we let him go. Of course I'd love Mack back as well 

Archived