THE BROWNS BOARD

Anthony Miller - A Potential Gem for Round 2 or 3

Flugel

8 hours ago, wargograw said:

I'd be happy to disabuse you of that notion.

nah. I went and looked - I'm not the only one who thinks it...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2043708-the-nfl-comparison-for-top-10-wr-recruits-from-class-of-2015

21. Christian Kirk | WR | Texas A&M | Junior

Kirk lacks ideal No. 1 wideout size at 5-foot-11 and 200 pounds, but he has moments reminiscent of the similarly sized Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown. Kirk has blazing speed and explosive cutting ability, which makes him nearly impossible to tackle on the first try in the open field. As a freshman in 2015, he had 80 catches for 1,009 yards with seven receiving touchdowns. Last year, he reeled in 83 passes for 928 yards with nine scores.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

There are always exceptions... just not that many of them.

And the one who flaked away D G-B. Jesus what a talent and now just an unsigned FA. I wish he would go thru rehab., join with JM @ Hamilton and then go back into the NFL as a package deal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorial_Green-Beckham

14 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

nah. I went and looked - I'm not the only one who thinks it...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2043708-the-nfl-comparison-for-top-10-wr-recruits-from-class-of-2015

21. Christian Kirk | WR | Texas A&M | Junior

Kirk lacks ideal No. 1 wideout size at 5-foot-11 and 200 pounds, but he has moments reminiscent of the similarly sized Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown. Kirk has blazing speed and explosive cutting ability, which makes him nearly impossible to tackle on the first try in the open field. As a freshman in 2015, he had 80 catches for 1,009 yards with seven receiving touchdowns. Last year, he reeled in 83 passes for 928 yards with nine scores.

The stats mean nothing. Kirk got about 12 targets a game. Hard to NOT throw up stats with that kind of usage, and indeed I could argue the stats are low considering. 

Beckham and Brown both play on the outside. Kirk never has. Christian has made some pretty clutch plays (especially this past year), but he messes up many of the routine ones.

15 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Did Kirk suffer from poor QB play this season?

Maybe we need a QB named Kirk.   After all, coaching the Browns is a difficult as taking  the Kobayashi Maru test.  The no win situation...which the Browns are in.   We need a guy that can, if nothing else....cheat his way to success!

I like Miller. We really have 2 receiving needs: 1- a true, reliable redzone weapon; and 2- a shifty slot-type guy who gets off the ball, gets open, and has solid hands.  I believe Miller could be the perfect 2nd guy.

They tried to force Njoku into the 1st spot last year but it never seemed to connect; however, between him, Gordon, and yes... Coleman one of those guys SHOULD be able to do that... they have the talent, not the reliability... it wouldn't hurt to add another option, obviously

Archived