THE BROWNS BOARD

How do you feel about trading pick 1.1 for 1st, 2nd, & 2019 1st

SissyBoyFloyd

Would you trade our Top pick in the draft for current and future year picks  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Choose the one that best describes your thoughts on trading down?

• I would nearly always take a trade that gave us a top ten 1 and 2, plus a future number 1 or more.
    • Maybe, depending mainly on how high I suspected the team's #1 would be next year.
    • Most times I would consider it, but not this year.
    • It all depends on the year and how badly I want a certain player.
    • Hardly ever, the future is now, so I will usually want to make my pick.
    • Prefer not too, but never say never, since some team just might be fool enough to accept my outlandish counter offer.

Personally, I would always do that trade.  Yes, every single year that I could to better secure future of team.  The rare exception would be if an Andrew Luck type were #1 on my board and I needed a QB.

Always? And from any team even the SB Champ picking at #32?

Has to be year dependent. Option 4 is my choice... plus consideration of where the trade partner is and will likely be picking.

BTW Option 4 is really just a generic version of the 3rd option.

Nope, never. That's one reason the Browns are where they are. Trading down, and blowing picks is far far worse than blowing the pick. 

The purpose of the draft is to help you get better faster. Not a year from now. 

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Nope, never. That's one reason the Browns are where they are. Trading down, and blowing picks is far far worse than blowing the pick. 

The purpose of the draft is to help you get better faster. Not a year from now. 

I disagree. Blowing picks is the issue period. The trades in general have made sense. You just have to convert picks to talent. 

6 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I disagree. Blowing picks is the issue period. The trades in general have made sense. You just have to convert picks to talent. 

A lot of the times with the Browns, it hasn't been faulty philosophy behind the moves that have doomed the team, it has been faulty execution.

6 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

The only way I trade down this year is if we don't land Cousins. We have to find a QB and if we don't do it FA we have to decide who is our guy... its Darnold spoiler alert

I assume you mean you would trade down if we do get Cousins.....

Chubbs is pretty good! - BUT - we have Ogbah, Nassib, Orchard. DE isn't really a spot we're 'hurting' at. I think that the DL is one of the strengths on the team. A couple positions where I think I see a Need...

RB - QB - CB - FS - WR 

WR- We have our #1 WR Gordon, but who is the #2? I know it sucks that we spent a first rounder on our slot receiver, but if Coleman can shake off that drop and gets his confidence back, he could be a dangerous #3. But who is #2? Do we go Pryor in FA? Is so then we have the 1,2,3 combo set. Higgins and the group would fight for time at #4. We might be good here. 

CB- Just remembered about Howard Wilson. Hope he's been worth the wait~ How long are we planning on riding with McCourty? If Wilson picks up where he left off he might ascend to the #2. 

FS- Kindred or Peppers. I like both these players, but what is Peppers? ...after a year playing mid-field, have we gotten any clarity on where he plays? What is Kindred? Is he going to be the FS or the SS. Are they going to be the FS/SS combo, if so then we might be good there if they continue to get better. 

That leaves us with our only NEED at RB and QB. That's if our WR/CB/FS/SS situation clears itself up. We have SO MANY young players that need development time. Adding a whole new 10+ draft class + FAs and UDFAs- we are doing ourselves no favors. We don't NEED all these picks. 

THE ONLY NEEDS WE HAVE IS AT RB AND QB. 

There are arguments to be made that Lamar Jackson could be a WEAPON with Barkley and Gordon... following the Texans model. But you could say Rosen is the man, or Darnold, or Allen, or Mayfield... so many options but the common denominator is the dominator Saquon Barkley. 

With 12 picks in 2018 it's pretty much a no brainer especially with a weaker team. Besides it's so much fun dealing with hypotheticals. :)

Archived