THE BROWNS BOARD

Free agent quarterbacks why not McCown?

Westside Steve

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2018/01/nfl_free-agent_quarterbacks_2018_who_could_be_available_for_buffalo_bills.html

Yeah this piece is about the Buffalo Bills but free agents are free agents. If for some unimaginable reason the Chiefs aren't willing to dump Alex Smith and everybody's favorite grass is greener on the other side guy Kirk Cousins would rather go someplace where he might win immediately why not take a flyer on bringing back Josh McCown who's already played in the system and is a usable quarterback with a great attitude. Let him work with Rosen or Darnold and Kizer, who we have for at least three more years and might get better?

WSS

Well, that should get us to 3 wins... nah, who am I kidding - the Cue Ball Headed Fool is still at the helm of the USS Jimmy Dee Idiot. 

39 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Are the BROWNS big into recycling now? But as a backup maybe.

Sure. Draft a hot Prospect at number 1 keep Kizer and get a veteran to help Mentor the kids. I don't think we're talking about all that many guys who would be a long-term starter. Maybe cousins. Josh McCown would be a hell of a lot better than a bum like Tyrod Taylor Kaepernick or Brakepad Bailey

WSS

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Sure. Draft a hot Prospect at number 1 keep Kaiser and get a veteran to help Mentor the kids. I don't think we're talking about all that many guys who would be a long-term starter. Maybe cousins. Josh McCown would be a hell of a lot better than a bum like Tyrod Taylor Kaepernick or Brakepad Bailey

WSS

No #1 quarterbacks for me this year or even #4, how is McCown's general health lately? This definitely will be the hot topic in Cleveland this offseason. 

20 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

So you are sticking with Kizer? 

WSS

NO unless they can not dig up another warm body to take the snaps from center......that has played a few years  (at least) in the NFL, 

LAST RESORT get another college rookie and say "welcome to the NFL kid" good luck......and learn how to duck! :lol:

33 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

NO unless they can not dig up another warm body to take the snaps from center......that has played a few years  (at least) in the NFL, 

LAST RESORT get another college rookie and say "welcome to the NFL kid" good luck......and learn how to duck! :lol:

Just making sure I understand your position. You said no number one or even number for quarterbacks for you. So I'm assuming we don't draft one and take some veteran?

WSS

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just making sure I understand your position. You said no number one or even number for quarterbacks for you. So I'm assuming we don't draft one and take some veteran?

WSS

To be clear I said  NO unless and LAST RESORT.......and then maybe get forced into picking a rookie savior to take snaps and then bring in Kizer in to bail him out because he has real NFL experience. 

Hey the BROWNS have 12 picks I'm sure they might be able to play "let's make a deal",  we'll see April 26-28 might be fun!

Archived