Jump to content
BrownsFan4Evr

Support Hue For One More Year?

Recommended Posts

I'm all for seeing what he can do with a decent roster. Here's an interesting stat:

 

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson accounted for 11 of the 19 Super Bowl victories from 1974 to 1993. They also share the distinction of having the worst records of first-season head coaches in NFL history - they didn't win a single game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they won some games.....not many, but some.

And Hue has already gone through 2 seasons.

So, get your facts straight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I'm all for seeing what he can do with a decent roster. Here's an interesting stat:

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson accounted for 11 of the 19 Super Bowl victories from 1974 to 1993. They also share the distinction of having the worst records of first-season head coaches in NFL history - they didn't win a single game.

Yes I've though of that. It was also a long time ago. McKay coached the Buccaneers to 2-26 his first couple years and didn't win a SB, just to be fair. BTW Hue was not a first season HC when he took over the Browns, Or you want to discount his year with the Raiders? 

I almost want to start a Dead Pool Poll and ask how many more losses it will take for Hue to get fired...  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A HC that throws his players under the bus every chance he gets, got the GM sacked using his links to the media and has probably already ruined a QB with high potential by starting and benching and starting and benhcing him? Na I wont support him for another day.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yes I've though of that. It was also a long time ago. McKay coached the Buccaneers to 2-26 his first couple years and didn't win a SB, just to be fair. BTW Hue was not a first season HC when he took over the Browns, Or you want to discount his year with the Raiders? 

I almost want to start a Dead Pool Poll and ask how many more losses it will take for Hue to get fired...  

0-3 and he is gonzo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not that I don't support Hue because of his record (which is 9-39), it's because of his game-day decisions. 

2016, end of the first half of the first Bengals game.  That's when I knew I didn't want him as my game-day HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

0-3 and he is gonzo.

It'll take 0-8 i think. mid season and Hue will be complaining about Dorsey or some other BS, and that's when they pull the trigger. The only question is who takes over?

If Dorsey was smart, and didn't want to lose out, he'd put his next head coach at OC when the time is right, then let him take Hue's place when he inevitably goes 0-8

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

If Dorsey was smart, and didn't want to lose out, he'd put his next head coach at OC when the time is right,

Been thinking the same here... was wondering if the Texans' QB Coach, Sean Ryan might be Dorsey's guy, but I don't see where they have ever crossed paths.

That said Ryan did once coach at Harvard... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you support the Browns, or not?

Supporting Hue, basically, is a non-issue.

He will probably keep his job if the team wins a certain number of games next year.  He will probably - and, IMHO, should get fired - given a sluggish start next year.

It is incredible that he is still employed, if you ask me.

What does supporting Jackson - or not - have to do with the price of tea in China?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

A HC that throws his players under the bus every chance he gets, got the GM sacked using his links to the media and has probably already ruined a QB with high potential by starting and benching and starting and benhcing him? Na I wont support him for another day.

And a coach who is so organized he has to call a time out before the first scrimmage play of the game, and tries to fool 'em on a fake punt- with no punter back there.  :)   

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hoorta said:

he has to call a time out before the first scrimmage play of the game

Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He'll be a bye-week casualty.

I do believe they will have won a game by then , simply because it's really ,really ,really hard to go that long and not accidentally beat somebody!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it me the only one that every time there is some news about someone getting fired in the league, thinks 'but Hue keeps his job'? 

I could have put my 3 year old nephew coaching the Browns these last two seasons and it wouldn't mean he's following Tom Landry's path, but that you could have put almost anyone in the same position and would have a similar record or even better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Orion said:

It's not that I don't support Hue because of his record (which is 9-39), it's because of his game-day decisions. 

2016, end of the first half of the first Bengals game.  That's when I knew I didn't want him as my game-day HC.

Hue Jackson, aka "Kroger-brand Marvin Lewis".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Clark W Griswold said:

Support him or not, he's going to be there so to expend any energy otherwise is a waste of time.

Any other owner would've fired their coach after going 1-31 in two years, but because Jimmah has burned through coaches like copy paper since he's been here, no coach worth a damn would want to come here; we'd have to start recruiting high school coaches to replace Hue at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Hue Jackson still has the magic.

Huey Potter ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Any other owner would've fired their coach after going 1-31 in two years, but because Jimmah has burned through coaches like copy paper since he's been here, no coach worth a damn would want to come here; we'd have to start recruiting high school coaches to replace Hue at this point. 

A few High School coaches could have won more than one game in two years coaching the Browns. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Hue Jackson still has the magic.

It takes real magic to go 1-31, Jimmy the crook ain't wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Yes I've though of that. It was also a long time ago. McKay coached the Buccaneers to 2-26 his first couple years and didn't win a SB, just to be fair. BTW Hue was not a first season HC when he took over the Browns, Or you want to discount his year with the Raiders? 

I almost want to start a Dead Pool Poll and ask how many more losses it will take for Hue to get fired...  

6.. if they start 0-6.. can him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't predict what it will take to get this idiot fired. Hell...he may go 0 - 16 in 2018 and still be the coach. You have to remember....we're dealing with Haslam.....the worst owner in the history of professional sports. And yes....I do remember Stepien. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wargograw said:

I support the Browns. 

As do the vast majority of people on here, but there is a fine line between supporting your team and enabling them to continue making horrible decisions.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I predict the pro-Sashi people will make one passive-aggressive comment after another after every loss next season (WELL AT LEAST WE HAVE FOOTBALL GUYS) in a vain attempt to get back at all the guys who gave them Sheet this season.

Support Hue? Well I want the Browns to win games and be successful, so of course I'll support him as part of the bigger picture, but I don't expect things to go well with him. Hopefully I am wrong.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

There wont be any excuses next season.

Dorsey will bring in talent and find a couple of QBs.

Which is exactly my point. Give this coach something to work with, and then, if he still flops, it's time to move on. To all you guys who want him fired "yesterday", just who do you think is out there to replace him with? Hue Jackson is not the entire reason for being 1-31. There are numerous interceptions, fumbles, turnovers, bad player decisions, QB mistakes, etc., that are all part of the record. I highly doubt "coaching stupidity" made Coleman drop passes, Kizer choose to throw into double coverages, and a thousand other PLAYER mistakes that cost us games. We need BETTER football talent. Many of you have stated that our roster wouldn't even make 3rd string backups on other NFL teams, yet you want to run Hue out of town because he can't win with those same players that you claim shouldn't even be in the NFL........ smh........ Get Jackson some actual NFL "tools" to work with, and then you can decide what kind of coach he is.      JMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Orion said:

Woody Allen couldn't write this stuff.  :)

But....Mel Brooks might.

enhanced-buzz-6992-1377802010-27.jpg?dow

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BrownB499 said:

He'll be a bi-week casualty.

Most painful week of the year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I predict the pro-Sashi people will make one passive-aggressive comment after another after every loss next season (WELL AT LEAST WE HAVE FOOTBALL GUYS) in a vain attempt to get back at all the guys who gave them Sheet this season.

Is there a sign-up sheet? :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Is there a sign-up sheet? :)

Not you Tour, not you! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×