THE BROWNS BOARD

Support Hue For One More Year?

BrownsFan4Evr

I'm all for seeing what he can do with a decent roster. Here's an interesting stat:

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson accounted for 11 of the 19 Super Bowl victories from 1974 to 1993. They also share the distinction of having the worst records of first-season head coaches in NFL history - they didn't win a single game.

1 hour ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

I'm all for seeing what he can do with a decent roster. Here's an interesting stat:

Tom Landry, Chuck Noll, Bill Walsh, and Jimmy Johnson accounted for 11 of the 19 Super Bowl victories from 1974 to 1993. They also share the distinction of having the worst records of first-season head coaches in NFL history - they didn't win a single game.

Yes I've though of that. It was also a long time ago. McKay coached the Buccaneers to 2-26 his first couple years and didn't win a SB, just to be fair. BTW Hue was not a first season HC when he took over the Browns, Or you want to discount his year with the Raiders? 

I almost want to start a Dead Pool Poll and ask how many more losses it will take for Hue to get fired...  

A HC that throws his players under the bus every chance he gets, got the GM sacked using his links to the media and has probably already ruined a QB with high potential by starting and benching and starting and benhcing him? Na I wont support him for another day.

43 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yes I've though of that. It was also a long time ago. McKay coached the Buccaneers to 2-26 his first couple years and didn't win a SB, just to be fair. BTW Hue was not a first season HC when he took over the Browns, Or you want to discount his year with the Raiders? 

I almost want to start a Dead Pool Poll and ask how many more losses it will take for Hue to get fired...  

0-3 and he is gonzo.

It's not that I don't support Hue because of his record (which is 9-39), it's because of his game-day decisions. 

2016, end of the first half of the first Bengals game.  That's when I knew I didn't want him as my game-day HC.

42 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

0-3 and he is gonzo.

It'll take 0-8 i think. mid season and Hue will be complaining about Dorsey or some other BS, and that's when they pull the trigger. The only question is who takes over?

If Dorsey was smart, and didn't want to lose out, he'd put his next head coach at OC when the time is right, then let him take Hue's place when he inevitably goes 0-8

11 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

If Dorsey was smart, and didn't want to lose out, he'd put his next head coach at OC when the time is right,

Been thinking the same here... was wondering if the Texans' QB Coach, Sean Ryan might be Dorsey's guy, but I don't see where they have ever crossed paths.

That said Ryan did once coach at Harvard... ;)

Do you support the Browns, or not?

Supporting Hue, basically, is a non-issue.

He will probably keep his job if the team wins a certain number of games next year.  He will probably - and, IMHO, should get fired - given a sluggish start next year.

It is incredible that he is still employed, if you ask me.

What does supporting Jackson - or not - have to do with the price of tea in China?

4 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

A HC that throws his players under the bus every chance he gets, got the GM sacked using his links to the media and has probably already ruined a QB with high potential by starting and benching and starting and benhcing him? Na I wont support him for another day.

And a coach who is so organized he has to call a time out before the first scrimmage play of the game, and tries to fool 'em on a fake punt- with no punter back there.  :)   

Is it me the only one that every time there is some news about someone getting fired in the league, thinks 'but Hue keeps his job'? 

I could have put my 3 year old nephew coaching the Browns these last two seasons and it wouldn't mean he's following Tom Landry's path, but that you could have put almost anyone in the same position and would have a similar record or even better.

5 hours ago, Orion said:

It's not that I don't support Hue because of his record (which is 9-39), it's because of his game-day decisions. 

2016, end of the first half of the first Bengals game.  That's when I knew I didn't want him as my game-day HC.

Hue Jackson, aka "Kroger-brand Marvin Lewis".

6 hours ago, Clark W Griswold said:

Support him or not, he's going to be there so to expend any energy otherwise is a waste of time.

Any other owner would've fired their coach after going 1-31 in two years, but because Jimmah has burned through coaches like copy paper since he's been here, no coach worth a damn would want to come here; we'd have to start recruiting high school coaches to replace Hue at this point. 

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Any other owner would've fired their coach after going 1-31 in two years, but because Jimmah has burned through coaches like copy paper since he's been here, no coach worth a damn would want to come here; we'd have to start recruiting high school coaches to replace Hue at this point. 

A few High School coaches could have won more than one game in two years coaching the Browns. :)

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

6.. if they start 0-6.. can him...

You can't predict what it will take to get this idiot fired. Hell...he may go 0 - 16 in 2018 and still be the coach. You have to remember....we're dealing with Haslam.....the worst owner in the history of professional sports. And yes....I do remember Stepien. 

I predict the pro-Sashi people will make one passive-aggressive comment after another after every loss next season (WELL AT LEAST WE HAVE FOOTBALL GUYS) in a vain attempt to get back at all the guys who gave them Sheet this season.

Support Hue? Well I want the Browns to win games and be successful, so of course I'll support him as part of the bigger picture, but I don't expect things to go well with him. Hopefully I am wrong.

1 hour ago, boo fagley said:

There wont be any excuses next season.

Dorsey will bring in talent and find a couple of QBs.

Which is exactly my point. Give this coach something to work with, and then, if he still flops, it's time to move on. To all you guys who want him fired "yesterday", just who do you think is out there to replace him with? Hue Jackson is not the entire reason for being 1-31. There are numerous interceptions, fumbles, turnovers, bad player decisions, QB mistakes, etc., that are all part of the record. I highly doubt "coaching stupidity" made Coleman drop passes, Kizer choose to throw into double coverages, and a thousand other PLAYER mistakes that cost us games. We need BETTER football talent. Many of you have stated that our roster wouldn't even make 3rd string backups on other NFL teams, yet you want to run Hue out of town because he can't win with those same players that you claim shouldn't even be in the NFL........ smh........ Get Jackson some actual NFL "tools" to work with, and then you can decide what kind of coach he is.      JMHO.

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I predict the pro-Sashi people will make one passive-aggressive comment after another after every loss next season (WELL AT LEAST WE HAVE FOOTBALL GUYS) in a vain attempt to get back at all the guys who gave them Sheet this season.

Is there a sign-up sheet? :)

Archived