THE BROWNS BOARD

National Title Observations

Ghoolie

1) The Head Coach of Georgia IS Marty Shottenheimer and his QB IS Bernie Kosar. This is a great example where X's and O's are the mar of LOSERS. This fukcking coach literally gave the Championship away.

2) Saban is the greatest Coach in the NCAA today. Equal to Paul Brown, Bear Bryant, Hallas, anyone you want to compare to.

3) Alabama is without a doubt, the greatest college football team in the world. Bar none. Bar None. Bar none. 5 national championships in 9 years? 7 appearances in 9 years? 

Far better program than the Buckeyes. They just win.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

1) The Head Coach of Georgia IS Marty Shottenheimer and his QB IS Bernie Kosar. This is a great example where X's and O's are the mar of LOSERS. This fukcking coach literally gave the Championship away.

2) Saban is the greatest Coach in the NCAA today. Equal to Paul Brown, Bear Bryant, Hallas, anyone you want to compare to.

3) Alabama is without a doubt, the greatest college football team in the world. Bar none. Bar None. Bar none. 5 national championships in 9 years? 7 appearances in 9 years? 

Oh no the White Obama is back

Saban outcoached another former assistant and got very lucky that one safety did not play his position correctly on the winning TD. He tried to be responsible for the other safety's job and screwed up his own in the process. But Ga.s couch got way too conservative way too early in that game. They stopped doing what they were doing well and gave the game away.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Saban outcoached another former assistant and got very lucky that one safety did not play his position correctly on the winning TD. He tried to be responsible for the other safety's job and screwed up his own in the process. But Ga.s couch got way too conservative way too early in that game. They stopped doing what they were doing well and gave the game away.

Them couch's always get in the way.

9 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Alabama is definitely the best. Alabama has the greatest HGH program in the country.

10 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Nick Saban is a KOCKSUCKER.. I hate that carpet bagging bastard.. He can go straight to hell.... Him and Bobby Petrino can butt Shmuck each other til they turn blue...

My observations:

Georgia got beat up more and more the second half - Alabama was bigger. Alabama is very, very fast - put those two factors into the equation - they shut down Chubb - 18 runs, 25 yards. Faster than him to the outside, bigger/stronger than him on the inside.

Sony Michel and Smart were the better rbs vs that - they are quicker to hit the holes. Georgia's oline started getting beaten up the second half, the defense started getting tired, and the #2 qb for Alabama was amazing.

Georgia was smaller in the trenches, it seems. I thought Georgia's rbs would dominate - but they had Chubb's number.

Roquan Smith, #3, lb, is the serious real deal. No wonder he is often mocked in the top fifteen of the first round. Calvin Ridley would look great in a Browns' uniform. So would his younger brother Riley who went to Georgia instead.... one day.

Sony Michel is amazing. Explosive, still powerful...

And big Javon Wims, 6'4", 215...4.4 ? ,.... I would love to draft him in the fourth round...maybe even the third...his stock may climb after the combine. Great hard-working kid - he is a ***football player***.

That was a great championship game to watch.

5 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Them couch's always get in the way.

LOL! Nice play on the typo. I'll leave it there.

cal-totally agree on Sony. Against that kind of D they had to defend him inside and out. Chubb just was not fast enough to get outside, so when he was in Bama played to stack the middle.

I wish we had our pick of the top 53 for the Browns off of both teams. There were some really great players on the field on both of those teams.

Another good game whose outcome was changed by obvious poor officiating and missed calls.  If I were a conspiracy nut, I would think that the officials were consciously trying to keep 'bama in the game.  Two obvious blown calls shaped and allowed for the 'bama comeback.  How do you blow a play so monumental as that blocked punt?

I blame Chubb a lot for Georgia's failure to make some critical first downs.  He kept bouncing outside giving up 5+ yards many times to start a drive.  Instead of putting his head down and picking up 1 yard or so, he cost them many chances of further moving the ball.  Very poor running and foresight on his part.  He should have realized after the first time that he could not out run several 'bama players to the outside on those plays.  It was frustrating to watch.  Lots of dropped passes also by Georgia's players.

Both teams looked like national champs in each of the two halves.  But neither looked like a true champ in my opinion.  Georgia could have run away with the game, and 'bama surely didn't look like the best team in the country, with even their comeback helped greatly by the refs.  Is there a sport anywhere where the refs so determines the outcome in every game?

well, Chubb doesn't call the plays, he just runs em. and holes plug up faster in the pros.

the officiating was amazingly bad several times. Flagrant missed facemask on alabama, offensive interference on alabama...

holding on the alabama oline fer cryin out loud.... all non calls. Georgia got away with a few that should have been called.

Despite the respect everybody has for the Alabama starting qb, Georgia had little answer most of the time vs their second string

qb - the Georgia defensive line looked beaten up and exhausted by the fourth quarter, it seems. Who was it, Browns? for alabama, that

took a swing at a Georgia player, mouthed off at the officials for the uc penalty all the way off the field, took after a coach of his own team, swinging at him? and he was never kicked out of the game? I didn't think alabama was a dirty team but..... a few times there...

On the blocked punt just so we are clear. Had it been called properly the whistle would have been blown before or just after the snap negating the block anyway. Why? Because Bama had two men move early before the snap so it's a motion call (false start) and it stops play. The best outcome Ga. could expect was a 5 yard penalty on Bama and a rekick.

So there would have been no blocked punt turning the ball over deep in Bama territory as some were trying to argue. Thems the rules.

anybody know if DT from Georgia Trenton Thompson is staying in school? He's a junior that Williams should take a look at..I thought he killed that prancing WR from Bama..6'4 294 ran sideline to sideline all night..got my attention

13 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Alabama is definitely the best. Alabama has the greatest HGH program in the country.

That may be true, but they also, by any objective standard, have by far the most talent in the country. So it shouldn’t be surprised they’re bigger faster and stronger than everyone they play. 

11 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Would've been nice to see the buckeyes in there. Maybe next year. 

F Bama.  If they're so badass how about they play a non conference top ranked team on the road. It never happens.  

Georgia lost that game.  Gave it away

If the Bucks are so BA try playing an SEC schedule. Or not losing to Iowa by 30. How bout it?

6 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I can't stand Alabama but you have to give Saban props.... The dude is a legend.

Now if only we could get him to come to Cleveland and send Hue Jackson to coach Alabama.

Do you think Hue could turn Alabama into a less than .500 team?

Maybe for a year or two. But the last 8 Alabama coaches have had a 10-win season, and they’ve had some real boobs in there. That’s a PROGRAM. 

9 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! Nice play on the typo. I'll leave it there.

cal-totally agree on Sony. Against that kind of D they had to defend him inside and out. Chubb just was not fast enough to get outside, so when he was in Bama played to stack the middle.

I wish we had our pick of the top 53 for the Browns off of both teams. There were some really great players on the field on both of those teams.

The Hoorta short scouting report: After that game, I've soured on Chubb. Didn't notice much of Fitzpatrick. Ridley will be gone by the time we pick #33. 

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

That may be true, but they also, by any objective standard, have by far the most talent in the country. So it shouldn’t be surprised they’re bigger faster and stronger than everyone they play. 

That is what HGH does...it makes you bigger and faster and stronger than others. DUH!

If the Bucks are so BA try playing an SEC schedule. Or not losing to Iowa by 30. How bout it?

the Buckeyes play a better schedule than an SEC schedule. They play a Big Ten Schedule...which for a couple of years now has been tougher than an SEC schedule.   If they were to play an SEC schedule, they would have had to drop from playing 9 games against the best league in the game....to 8.....and then use that extra game to schedule like  Stony Brook or The Stetson Hatters.

(but, yes, of course, they have no business losing like that to Iowa)

Maybe for a year or two. But the last 8 Alabama coaches have had a 10-win season, and they’ve had some real boobs in there. That’s a PROGRAM. 

You can remember 8 Bama coaches?  Ohio St. would have to go back to like WWII to list the last 8 HCs.

ALA has the football factory running like a well tuned machine right now, they can get 5* and 4* players every year to replace their 5* and 4* players.

OHIO STATE does pretty well considering they are in the somewhat dead northern states and midwest and the population had dramatically shifted to the South over the past 40 or so years. Yes they can recruit nationally but it's easier when your down there.

And Saban isn't really loved in 49 states but loved in ALA, same pretty much goes for Meyer.

GO BUCKEYES, savior of the BIG TEN!

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Hoorta short scouting report: After that game, I've soured on Chubb. Didn't notice much of Fitzpatrick. Ridley will be gone by the time we pick #33. 

Fitzpatrick suffered a mild kidney injury the previous game - still played.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-alabama-georgia-notes-20180106-story.html

Interesting - Minkah warms up pre game, and another article on how Alabama played the game....

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/01/watch_minkah_fitzpatrick_warm.html

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Fitzpatrick suffered a mild kidney injury the previous game - still played.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-alabama-georgia-notes-20180106-story.html

Interesting - Minkah warms up pre game, and another article on how Alabama played the game....

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2018/01/watch_minkah_fitzpatrick_warm.html

See my thread on him.  What do you think?

On 1/9/2018 at 9:54 AM, nickers said:

Nick Saban is a KOCKSUCKER.. I hate that carpet bagging bastard.. He can go straight to hell.... Him and Bobby Petrino can butt Shmuck each other til they turn blue...

That has nothing to do with football. 5 national titles in 9 years? I don't know jack squat about him personally, but I sure as hell wish the Buckeyes played at the consistently high level that Alabama does. You don't see Alabama getting blown out in national championships games like Clemson did to OSU, or losing to schidt like IOWA by blowout scores.

This is not a post about likability, it is a post about winning championships. People can complain all they want bout refs, and NCAA favoritism, but nobody forced OSU to lose 2 games to weak teams.

Just now, Ghoolie said:

That has nothing to do with football. 5 national titles in 9 years? I don't know jack squat about him personally, but I sure as hell wish the Buckeyes played at the consistently high level that Alabama does. You don't see Alabama getting blown out in national championships games like Clemson did to OSU, or losing to schidt like IOWA by blowout scores.

This is not a post about likability, it is a post about winning championships. People can complain all they want bout refs, and NCAA favoritism, but nobody forced OSU to lose 2 games to weak teams.

They lost to Oklahoma who was like the #2 or #3 rated team.  And they lost to Iowa...who was by no means a "weak" team.  They were a very good team...but yes, OSU had a very bad day that day.  Even with a bad day they could have won against a weak team.....but they could not beat the very good Iowa team. 

Archived