Barkley/Johnson/Chubb/Hines

Njoku/DeValve/Flowers

Gordon/St.Brown/Coleman/CobbsJr./Higgins

Thomas/Bitonio/Price/Tretter/Zeitler/Coleman/Drango

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, darren15 said:

3 running backs and a fullback ? add that to Duke and there will be 2 healthy scratches every week

Kizer and Higgins

-We're going to need them because we fittin to RUN! A lot. 

6 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Kizer and Higgins

-We're going to need them because we fittin to RUN! A lot. 

Its Hue remember .... he will suit up all 5 running backs then pass all game......

1 minute ago, darren15 said:

Its Hue remember .... he will suit up all 5 running backs then pass all game......

The good new is all these guys can flex out to WR and can catch... and get Yac. So you could have 3 backs in the backfield and they could ALL shift out to WR and Become a 5 WR set without a hitch. 

If we can stay on the field and convert 3rd down and shorts all game, we're going to need a lot of runners. The other teams D better get their cardio up lol

We've been bad for so long that we start to look at the numbers. Of course the numbers say we're bad, we're playing bad. Plugging in someone with good numbers is not going to make us better, it's going to make that players good numbers look bad. Forget the numbers. Play better and fix the numbers. We need to get our piss and vinegar back. 

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State - Franchise runner, defensive nightmare, unstoppable unless he wants to be- and then it's on a dime.
Round 1 Pick 4: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma - One of the most electric and successful college QB I've seen since Kevin Hogan, playmaker that gets it to playmakers. Accurate.
Round 2 Pick 1: Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame - A true to life #2 WR with #1 potential. A great kid with amazing hands. Huge frame like Gordon. Faster than fast.
Round 2 Pick 3: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State - An absolute monster, plugging Price into the C spot makes the OL a running game machine. Brains AND Brawn. 
Round 2 Pick 31: Duke Dawson, CB, Florida - Scrappy azz all get out. Duke Dawson? C'mon, that name though, can't be a coincidence ;) 
Round 3 Pick 1: Nick Chubb, RB, Georgia - Yeah, I know we have Barkley, but he's the best player on the board and we can use him to get the dirty yards(don't ding the lamborgini)
Round 4 Pick 1: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana - Yeah we got our Saint earlier but too much talent here, gonna need a lot of bodies because the offensive yards are going to kill. 
Round 4 Pick 23: Holton Hill, CB, Texas - Hill is a mountain. 6-3 corner with 4.5 speed- could come in very handy covering these bigger WRs and TEs. 
Round 5 Pick 1: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn - Gonzo needs competition and Carlson is a great kicker and a good kid. May the best man kick.
Round 5 Pick 22: Nyheim Hines, RB, North Carolina State - ANOTHER RB? Yes, with Crow gone we'll have RBs- Barkley/Johnson/Chubb and Hines. Never seen a stable like this.
Round 6 Pick 1: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma - Baker Mayfield's swiss army knife. 
Round 7 Pick 1: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State - Just an absolute monster next to Shelton on the DL. 

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

- Give me this draft and I'll give you the Playoffs. 

Take another hit off that crack pipe 

38 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Take another hit off that crack pipe 

So which of his picks do you find to be such a stretch. Also note it's a thread about the first pick simulator and not meant to reflect reality in many cases. It's simply a fun exercise and tool to explore prospects. 

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

So which of his picks do you find to be such a stretch. Also note it's a thread about the first pick simulator and not meant to reflect reality in many cases. It's simply a fun exercise and tool to explore prospects. 

Barkley at #1 is nuts.  Not only  because he's not a qb,  but because he's not that good. 

I've never seen elite so called "best player in the draft" get shut down so consistently. 

We'll find out soon enough I guess. 

Allen is a pretty nice player

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Allen is a pretty nice player

Again with the highlights. I thought you understood  by now that highlights are totally meaningless. You have to watch entire games if you want a good idea how a player performs. 6th round guy only because of the name.

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Again with the highlights. I thought you understood  by now that highlights are totally meaningless. You have to watch entire games if you want a good idea how a player performs. 6th round guy only because of the name.

All you have to do is look at the numbers.   Allen is an inaccurate QB against below average competition in the mountain west.  He had absolutely deplorable numbers against decent competition last year. 

4 x 1st rounders and an extra pick next year :D

Your score is: 25770 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 5 (DEN): Sam Darnold, QB, Southern California (A+)
Round 1 Pick 7 (T.B.): Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A+)
Round 1 Pick 10 (OAK): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
Round 1 Pick 13 (WASH): Derwin James, SS/FS, Florida State (A)
Round 3 Pick 5 (T.B.): Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A-)
Round 4 Pick 23: J.C. Jackson, CB, Maryland (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Joseph Noteboom, OT, Texas Christian (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: B.J. Hill, DT, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 4 (HOU): Ryan Izzo, TE, Florida State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 26 (ATL): Michael Hill, DT, Ohio State (A+)

Your Future Picks: 
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (DEN)
2020 Round 1 Pick

8 hours ago, Mark O said:

All you have to do is look at the numbers.   Allen is an inaccurate QB against below average competition in the mountain west.  He had absolutely deplorable numbers against decent competition last year. 

Mark-now he's trying to pass off the safety from PSU, Marcus Allen.  Bad enough we hear about Allen the QB, now he wants us to take a 6th round safety much higher.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Senior-Bowl-John-Dorsey/aca5a469-d7fb-4242-8116-e8d2e512497e

Just listened to John Dorsey. I get the Saquon Barkley/Baker Mayfield first round vibe.

9 hours ago, PoeticG said:

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media-center/videos/Senior-Bowl-John-Dorsey/aca5a469-d7fb-4242-8116-e8d2e512497e

Just listened to John Dorsey. I get the Saquon Barkley/Baker Mayfield first round vibe.

That does not explain in any way wanting such a low rated safety as Marcus Allen other than he has a HOF namesake.

EDIT: And the running back he was high on in the Senior Bowl that he was discussing was not Barkley BTW. It was Hunt whom he selected for KC and he was saying what he saw THAT Senior Bowl week showed out in his 2017 season, meaning Hunt's NFL season with KC. I think you got that confused since he made no comment on any commitments to any player because it is too early in the whole selection process for the draft.

Your score is: 21169 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 1 Pick 8 (CHI): Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 1: Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 3: James Washington, WR, Oklahoma State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 23: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Holton Hill, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2020 Round 1 Pick

---What do you guys think about this one. This one is one of my favorites. 

This draft I tried to swoop in and get the double first round picks from the Bills, but they traded them to INDY to move up to take Rosen. 

I gave the Colts our 3 second rounders the extra 4th and 5th round picks this year for the number 21 and 22 picks. 

I feel like this is a very productive draft.

-Got the future QB

-Franchise RB

-JT replacement at LT

-Tretter's upgrade, should help our rushing attack as well

-A long and fast WR with good hands

-A massive CB with potential to cover bigger WRs and TEs

-Georgia's line lead the way for 2 outstanding rushers, adding him to an already nasty OL with pay dividends

-A do it all FB that can help the offense

-An absolute beast DT to plug up the middle with Shelton to allow or edge rushers and LBs to make plays

*And did this all without touching next years picks. The game score be damned, this is a playoff team right here! :D

Your score is: 19916 (GRADE: B+)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma (A-)
Round 1 Pick 21 (BUF): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (B+)
Round 1 Pick 22 (BUF): Billy Price, C/OG, Ohio State (B)
Round 4 Pick 1: Simmie Cobbs Jr., WR, Indiana (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Holton Hill, CB, Texas (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Dimitri Flowers, FB, Oklahoma (A)
Round 7 Pick 1: Kentavius Street, DT, North Carolina State (A-)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

On 1/22/2018 at 1:20 AM, PoeticG said:

Is Marcus Allen comparable to Minkah Fitzpatrick? 

Marcus Allen is comparable to O.J. Simpson. In fact they screwed the same woman 80 NicoleMarcus Allen is comparable to O.J. Simpson. In fact they screwed the same woman 80 Nicole

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Marcus Allen is comparable to O.J. Simpson. In fact they screwed the same woman 80 NicoleMarcus Allen is comparable to O.J. Simpson. In fact they screwed the same woman 80 Nicole

Gip, I love your high standards in research. 

But OJ was one he11 of a talent both on the field and with a ginsu. Just look what he did in snowy Buffalo and Brentwood. :lol:

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Marcus Allen is a safety out of Penn State. I actually first saw him when I was watching tape on Barkley. 

I brought him up because a lot of people have been saying, "why take a RB high when you can find good RBs later in the draft?" 

It is literally the same with EVERY position in the game. It's really about the player and the work you think they will be able to put in to become great at the next level. 

Some players like Tom Brady drafted in the 6th round love the game and put in the work. Where players like Manziel would rather party and don't take it as serious are out in a few years. Then there is the talent level to factor in as well. ALL these guys are talented, ALL OF THEM. It's about the work, the passion and the drive to be great to makes the difference. 

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

Holton Hill is a 5th rounder right now? He's very, very good.

I think he slipped a little in the draft I was doing. He may be a day 2 guy. 3rdish?

FanSpeak using Matt Miller's draft board - no trades:

1.1: Sam Darnold, QB USC (or Rosen, you pick)
1.4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS Alabama
2.1: Sony Michel, RB Georgia
2.3: Orlando Brown, OT Oklahoma
2.31: Jaire Alexander, CB Louisville
3.1: Will Hernandez, OG UTEP
4.1: Trenton Thompson, DT Georgia
4.23: Deonte Burnett, WR USC

That'll do. Assuming you sign a CB in FA (Trumane Johnson?), WR (Allen Robinson?), a QB (Alex Smith?) to hold things down for the QB1 to learn, and some LB depth, I think this would make the team instantly competitive. 

1: R1P1
RB SAQUON BARKLEY
PENN STATE
4: R1P4
S MINKAH FITZPATRICK
ALABAMA
33: R2P1
CB ISAIAH OLIVER
COLORADO
35: R2P3
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO STATE
63: R2P31
WR SIMMIE COBBS JR.
INDIANA
65: R3P1
RB RASHAAD PENNY
SAN DIEGO STATE
103: R4P1
CB DONTE JACKSON
LSU
125: R4P23
EDGE JOJO WICKER
ARIZONA STATE
140: R5P1
TE IAN THOMAS
INDIANA
161: R5P22
CB HOLTON HILL
TEXAS
178: R6P1
FB DIMITRI FLOWERS
OKLAHOMA
219: R7P1 - Rd7 - Eq. St. Brown in round 7?!

21 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Marcus Allen is a safety out of Penn State. I actually first saw him when I was watching tape on Barkley. 

I brought him up because a lot of people have been saying, "why take a RB high when you can find good RBs later in the draft?" 

It is literally the same with EVERY position in the game. It's really about the player and the work you think they will be able to put in to become great at the next level. 

Some players like Tom Brady drafted in the 6th round love the game and put in the work. Where players like Manziel would rather party and don't take it as serious are out in a few years. Then there is the talent level to factor in as well. ALL these guys are talented, ALL OF THEM. It's about the work, the passion and the drive to be great to makes the difference. 

Jesus H. Christ Po.....do you have neither a sense of humor nor a sense of irony?   Yea, we all fuycking know that the Marcus Allen referred to is not the Marcus Allen, the USC RB Heisman Trophy winner, SB MVP.....who had coitus with OJ Simpson's wife.  

We all know that...do you really think we were confused with some potential mid round DB from Bumfuyck State?

Your score is: 23087 (GRADE: A)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 1: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A)
Round 1 Pick 4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, CB/FS, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 1: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 3: Tremaine Edmunds, OLB, Virginia Tech (A-)
Round 2 Pick 31: Quenton Meeks, CB, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 1: D.J. Chark, WR, LSU (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Harrison Phillips, DT, Stanford (A+)
Round 4 Pick 23: Anthony Averett, CB, Alabama (A+)
Round 5 Pick 1: Tyquan Lewis, DE, Ohio State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Terrell Edmunds, SS, Virginia Tech (A)
Round 6 Pick 1: Azeem Victor, ILB, Washington (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: JK Scott, P, Alabama (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2019 Round 1 Pick
2020 Round 1 Pick

Threw together a FanSpeak Ultimate GM using the Browns ... curiously the top FA QBs to make it through the initial simulation were Case Keenum, Sam Bradford and Teddy Twatwater. Smith, Cousins, etc. got retained. Not sure how realistic that is, but it was what I was dealt ... so here's what I did. And admittedly, I'm not too familiar with your LB situation and I'm pretty accustomed to the 3-4 personnel and I don't know how your LBs fit into the newish scheme, so I didn't target any LBs in FA for fear that I was getting the "wrong" guy ... I didn't bother with any depth types ... although having scoured the Browns roster I'm not sure I see where you guys lack a ton of depth that couldn't be solved with adding 1 top-flight FA and addressing the position with an early draft pick (See WR, CB). Anyway, you guys are loaded with talent and players that as a Redskins fan, I wanted over the last couple drafts. So here's what I got ...

CB Trumane Johnson - 5 years, $80 million, $40 million guaranteed
WR Jarvis Landry - 5 years, $65 million, $32 million guaranteed
C Weston Richberg - 5 years, $35 million, $10 million guaranteed
RB Le'Veon Bell - 5 years, $75 million, $40 million guaranteed

Lots of $$ thrown around ... and without a bonafide starter at QB going into the draft, these guys (particularly Bell and Landry) may balk at coming to Cleveland to play with a rookie QB ... also I overpaid for Richberg, totally spaced on his concussion this year. He won't get that much. I'd regret that decision if it didn't still leave the Browns with $78 million in cap space. 

Draft:

1.1: Sam Darnold, QB USC
1.4: Minkah Fitzpatrick, FS Alabama
2.1: Connor Williams, OT Texas
2.3: Tremaine Edmunds, LB Virginia Tech
2.31: Auden Tate, WR Florida State
3.1: M.J. Stewart, CB North Carolina
4.1: B.J. Hill, DT NC State
4.23: Bo Scarborough, RB Alabama
5.1: Shaquem Griffin, LB UCF
5.22: J.C. Jackson, CB Maryland
6.1: Jake Weineke, WR South Dakota State
7.1: Siran Neal, CB Jacksonville State

Between the crazy spending spree of FA and the draft, I like where the Browns sit. Issue may arise at QB, putting Darnold in a position to start when he may not be ready, or just hope Kizer with the talent around him, can take the next steps until Darnold is ready. Because outside of the QB position, the rest of the team would be in pretty good shape. 

Your score is: 23959 (GRADE: A+) 

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 4: Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA (A+)
Round 1 Pick 11 (MIA): Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 1: Derrius Guice, RB, LSU (A+)
Round 2 Pick 2 (NYG): Orlando Brown, OT, Oklahoma (A)
Round 2 Pick 3: DaRon Payne, DT, Alabama (A)
Round 2 Pick 10 (MIA): Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Notre Dame (A)
Round 2 Pick 31: Mike Hughes, CB, Central Florida (B+)
Round 3 Pick 1: Justin Reid, FS, Stanford (A-)
Round 3 Pick 2 (NYG): Jerome Baker, OLB, Ohio State (A)
Round 4 Pick 1: Ian Thomas, TE, Indiana (A)
Round 4 Pick 23: DCota Dixon, SS, Wisconsin (A)
Round 5 Pick 1: Jaylen Samuels, RB/WR, North Carolina State (A+)
Round 5 Pick 22: Brian O'Neill, OT, Pittsburgh (A+)
Round 6 Pick 1: Azeem Victor, ILB, Washington (A+)
Round 7 Pick 1: Nick Gates, OG, Nebraska (A+)

Your Future Picks: 
2019 Round 1 Pick
2019 Round 1 Pick (MIA)
2020 Round 1 Pick

Archived