THE BROWNS BOARD

Elliot Wolfe

jcam222

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

. And one more "one last time"... player evaluation was never Sashi's job. ;)

Yeah- it was all about building consensus- whatever that is\was. I'd love to know what the consensus was on Kizer.  :)  

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'd love to know what the consensus was on Kizer.  :)  

Easy... that his chances of developing into an NFL starter were commensurate with a mid-2nd-round pick.

7 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Wolfe had a job offer from Gruden.

You would rather have Yoo as HC instead of Gruden? Gruden has forgotten more about football than Yoo will ever know.

If Wolfes job performance was that bad then why didnt the Packers get rid of him long before this? Wolfe was asked to stay with the Packers after losing out on GM.

The Browns are assembling a front office from winning/post season franchises and youre sad that Sashi and his pencil pushers got the axe.

Was Gruden going to make Wolf a coach?

Hue vs. Gruden... interesting question. Can I go with neither? If yes, then I do. If no, then I still do. I put Gruden right "up there" in the pantheon of HCs with Rex Ryan.

Not saying Wolf's job performance was bad. Just that it was not good enough to win him the Pack's GM job. Are you saying you have direct knowledge of his player contributions?

The Browns have been assembling FO's from pieces of winning franchises for decades. Whether this one works out better than the attempts to date is TBD. I celebrated our jumping off this merry-go-round. I am sad that Jimmah did not have the stones to see the FO experiment through, but so far the bilk of the assembled "pencil pushers" seem to be faring just fine...

3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Easy... that his chances of developing into an NFL starter were commensurate with a mid-2nd-round pick.

LOL, which we know (regarding Kizer) the odds of a mid second round pick with accuracy issues in college were not good. To go Ghoolie on you- wasted pick.  :)  

51 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, which we know (regarding Kizer) the odds of a mid second round pick with accuracy issues in college were not good. To go Ghoolie on you- wasted pick.  :)  

As are most picks... so like Phoolie, you are playing the odds.

9 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Same old party line.

Winning franchises in the Super Bowl conversation and post season year after year dont shoot in the dark.

Pretty sure you're the GOP'er, if there is one in this running "conversation"...

I do agree on the franchises comment. Just doubt your ability to discern the relative contributions of any FO staff below the level of GM.

Archived