Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jcam222

Elliot Wolfe

Recommended Posts

1. After draft day the entire media is going to be talking about how we have a top 5 draft class and our new front office knocked it out of the park.

2. Most if not all of our players we drafted with show little to no improvement from the beginning of the season to the end of it. We will argue whether it was the coaching staffs fault or the FO.

3. Coach gets fired and we pick in the top 5 of the next draft.

4. Rinse and repeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

 but Dorsey missed Cam Erving. All GMs "miss". If there was "paper" on Farmer, I did not see it.

feel better.. Dorsey was out in June  after draft at KC..Erving was traded in August, so new KC GM Brett Veach was off to a great start;)..papers on Farmer? closes thing to paper, was that sweat towel request in his last presser..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

feel better.. Dorsey was out in June  after draft at KC..Erving was traded in August, so new KC GM Brett Veach was off to a great start;)..papers on Farmer? closes thing to paper, was that sweat towel request in his last presser..

lol... thanks... that helped a little.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

. And one more "one last time"... player evaluation was never Sashi's job. ;)

Yeah- it was all about building consensus- whatever that is\was. I'd love to know what the consensus was on Kizer.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

IIRC Grison is here because of his past relationship with Berry, so I suspect that as long as Berry is here, then Grigson has a shot at staying... although perhaps not in his current role which is not being "a cook". DePo's status is more interesting and likely far better protected.

As for looking back... every year every team passes on multiple players every fan base wails about. I see no sense in doing so, so I don't play that game excepting those occasions when even I had conviction about the worth of a player at the time we passed. Last time that happened was Khalil Mack. Young Clay? Yeah, I wanted him too, but as much for the wrong reasons like family legacy, than the right ones, i.e., actually knowing his worth. I did not work at player evaluations back in 2009.

Yes, he was a bad GM, but as in the case of all traditional GMs he once distinguished himself as a talent evaluator. A story not entirely different than Dorsey...

First... Gruden? Are you fuc-king kidding me? Gruden? lmao... Give me a minute.... .... .... OK...

Bitching? Hardly. Skeptical? You bet and for pretty good reason. I was sold Ray Farmer. His KC contributions were somehow "divined" and he became the hope around here. And I bought into his soul-crushing prospects... fool me once.

Maybe landing a Packers' "also-ran" is a coup, but what specifically in Wolf's job performance can you point to that says it is?

Wolfe had a job offer from Gruden.

You would rather have Yoo as HC instead of Gruden? Gruden has forgotten more about football than Yoo will ever know. If Wolfes job performance was that bad then why didnt the Packers get rid of him long before this? Wolfe was asked to stay with the Packers after losing out on GM. The Browns are assembling a front office from winning/post season franchises and youre sad that Sashi and his pencil pushers got the axe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2018 at 12:21 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

You do realize how full of contradictions that is, right? Dorsey, Allen and Depot with Ghoolie on board? Hue stays but Dorsey is no longer a coffee fetcher? Is Ghoolie aware that you are deviating from the true course of rectitude?:P

Yew has somehow convinced Haslam that he still has the magic and that Sashi was the problem. Garrapolo winning like he did only bolstered Yews case. Its common for either the GM or the HC to get a boot in the a$$. Fat Andy Reid won out in KC. Pagano got the benefit of the doubt over Grigson in Indy, but now he is out of work. 

Ghoolie is wrong on Dorsey. He was asked to find talent which I have 100% confidence that he will.

Yews nuts are in a vice and he has 16 chances to get them out next season. Each loss and the vice gets tighter with a turn of the handle. Yew wont complete the season if the Browns dont show a 180 degree improvement. Yew may have a Dennys menu like Andy Reid, but he aint no Andy Reid. i hope things go right, but if they do not, there is only the bald headed man in the mirror to blame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'd love to know what the consensus was on Kizer.  :)  

Easy... that his chances of developing into an NFL starter were commensurate with a mid-2nd-round pick.

7 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Wolfe had a job offer from Gruden.

You would rather have Yoo as HC instead of Gruden? Gruden has forgotten more about football than Yoo will ever know.

If Wolfes job performance was that bad then why didnt the Packers get rid of him long before this? Wolfe was asked to stay with the Packers after losing out on GM.

The Browns are assembling a front office from winning/post season franchises and youre sad that Sashi and his pencil pushers got the axe.

Was Gruden going to make Wolf a coach?

Hue vs. Gruden... interesting question. Can I go with neither? If yes, then I do. If no, then I still do. I put Gruden right "up there" in the pantheon of HCs with Rex Ryan.

Not saying Wolf's job performance was bad. Just that it was not good enough to win him the Pack's GM job. Are you saying you have direct knowledge of his player contributions?

The Browns have been assembling FO's from pieces of winning franchises for decades. Whether this one works out better than the attempts to date is TBD. I celebrated our jumping off this merry-go-round. I am sad that Jimmah did not have the stones to see the FO experiment through, but so far the bilk of the assembled "pencil pushers" seem to be faring just fine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Easy... that his chances of developing into an NFL starter were commensurate with a mid-2nd-round pick.

 

LOL, which we know (regarding Kizer) the odds of a mid second round pick with accuracy issues in college were not good. To go Ghoolie on you- wasted pick.  :)  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, which we know (regarding Kizer) the odds of a mid second round pick with accuracy issues in college were not good. To go Ghoolie on you- wasted pick.  :)  

As are most picks... so like Phoolie, you are playing the odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

As are most picks... so like Phoolie, you are playing the odds.

Same old party line.

Winning franchises in the Super Bowl conversation and post season year after year dont shoot in the dark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Same old party line.

Winning franchises in the Super Bowl conversation and post season year after year dont shoot in the dark.

Pretty sure you're the GOP'er, if there is one in this running "conversation"...

I do agree on the franchises comment. Just doubt your ability to discern the relative contributions of any FO staff below the level of GM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×