THE BROWNS BOARD

Thoughts On Today's Parade

BrownsFan4Evr

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, wargograw said:

I'm sorry your terrible argument's been exposed and now you have to resort to lame insults, man. Maybe next time your original position will be stronger. Any time you want to actually defend it, I'll be waiting.

I'll just say there's a big difference in consoling a kid who's peewee football team isn't very good, and a grown man making millions of dollars playing a kids game. Of course Coleman felt terrible dropping that pass, of course all the players are embarrassed and frustrated they couldn't even win a game. So Danny, just rub a few $100 dollar bills on that hurt (from the $3+ million) you're going to collect for playing in 2018. You're going to feel better real soon. 

Lot of pretzeling of 23's original post going on... which was "if any FAs" don't sign with us due to the parade.

He didn't paint it as THE determinative factor in a FA's decision, just a potential negative... which it is.

To compare the parade with the '95 protests about the move is beyond ludicrous.

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

I'm sorry your terrible argument's been exposed and now you have to resort to lame insults, man. Maybe next time your original position will be stronger. Any time you want to actually defend it, I'll be waiting.

I've been trying to find where in this thread my "terrible argument has been exposed", but I can't find it because of all the people clogging this thread to tear you a new back door.

But hey, you have Princess calfox on your side. :lol:

Like I said, I'm living rent-free in your head now.

Next year we fittin to have a Superbowl parade. 

11 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

For me the bottom line is this:

You can apply this to most of the guys on the team, the team I grew up rooting for and still do. When Corey Coleman drop that pass I bet he felt horrible and probably feel horrible for a long time after that game. I personally wanted to hug the guy. He didn't drop the pass because he's a bad guy, he screwed up. He made a mistake. Different players made a lot of mistakes this season.

There are people whose first reaction is to laugh in the man's face and flip him the bird.

Luckily I would imagine that's only a very small percentage of the fans. At least that would be my hope.

Don't act like a bunch of shjt eating Steeler fans.

WSS

That's the problem Steve! There's always a Corey Coleman!!!  That's how you end up 1- 31!

There's always a dropped pass, a dropped interception, a missed block, lined up offside, didn't get the sack,missed the field goal!!! Goddammit man make a Shmucking play!!!

That's the slim margin in the NFL between winning and losing. Every person in the organization has to be committed to doing one Shmucking thing to change the outcome of the game!!!

Name the last time Shelton made a play that changed the outcome of a game.... Ravens in 15 he missed a block that allowed the Ravens to block a field!! 

The only thing the guy has ever done is cost us games...Has ever made a big sack on 3rd down when we really needed it? stripped the ball for fumble? Any of these guy's EVER made a play to change the outcome of a game? ( Hint!!! Jamie Meder )

Sorry man we're  1-31!!!  And your telling me they're playing hard? We are 1-31!!!

15 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You made it up passing it off as truth. You have obviously never known any parents who have lost a child in this manner or you would never have used it as the basis for your argument in the first place. That is and remains my point.

If that’s your point then you should be satisfied with the edit. 

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've been trying to find where in this thread my "terrible argument has been exposed", but I can't find it because of all the people clogging this thread to tear you a new back door.

But hey, you have Princess calfox on your side. :lol:

Like I said, I'm living rent-free in your head now.

The fact you refuse to address it and instead just lob ad hominems is evidence enough. You’ve got nothing. The analogy may be dark, but your point was bad. You too are invited to argue against the new, more sensitive analogies. You haven’t, because you know you can’t. 

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll just say there's a big difference in consoling a kid who's peewee football team isn't very good, and a grown man making millions of dollars playing a kids game. Of course Coleman felt terrible dropping that pass, of course all the players are embarrassed and frustrated they couldn't even win a game. So Danny, just rub a few $100 dollar bills on that hurt (from the $3+ million) you're going to collect for playing in 2018. You're going to feel better real soon. 

I’m not saying the players are going to have some emotional breakdown from which they can’t recover. I’m saying mocking something you love to make yourself feel better makes zero sense. 

15 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Dude, you made a terrible analogy about an awful life event, shut the Shmuck up you piece of crap.

Defend yourself first for being an awful person. You've frankly become the worst poster on the board the past two months. 

I have defended myself. You on the other hand (and everyone else except Hoorta) have yet to show how the analogy doesn’t work. So you’re the one with no defense. 

And I can’t even remember a single post of yours. 

war-just think about it as you gain life experiences over the years. It will make more sense when you get my age, but I'll be long gone by then. if I could leave you with gifts from Christianity as I understand it, I would leave you the gifts of empathy and insight, which actually blend into one another. And like Christianity they are a never ending search for both. Maybe that's why I'm a little harder on you than others, for I know what path you have chosen. It is not an easy path and you will be tested to your limits. May God be with you every step of the way.  Bill

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

I have defended myself. You on the other hand (and everyone else except Hoorta) have yet to show how the analogy doesn’t work. So you’re the one with no defense. 

And I can’t even remember a single post of yours. 

Ah, I see you're now going the Ghoolie route of pretending to be king crap of turd island. Cool man, cool. 

Keep on rockin and being a piece of human garbage and revel in the fact you think you're holier than thou on a football message forum. What a way to live.

20 hours ago, BrownB499 said:

That's the problem Steve! There's always a Corey Coleman!!!  That's how you end up 1- 31!

There's always a dropped pass, a dropped interception, a missed block, lined up offside, didn't get the sack,missed the field goal!!! Goddammit man make a Shmucking play!!!

That's the slim margin in the NFL between winning and losing. Every person in the organization has to be committed to doing one Shmucking thing to change the outcome of the game!!!

Name the last time Shelton made a play that changed the outcome of a game.... Ravens in 15 he missed a block that allowed the Ravens to block a field!!

The only thing the guy has ever done is cost us games...Has ever made a big sack on 3rd down when we really needed it? stripped the ball for fumble? Any of these guy's EVER made a play to change the outcome of a game? ( Hint!!! Jamie Meder )

Sorry man we're  1-31!!!  And your telling me they're playing hard? We are 1-31!!!

we don't have anyone that is a playmaker...geeeeee, i guess that is why we were 0-16...fuking duh....

Per Chris MacNeil’s Twitter feed. . .

The Browns Parade raised $17,157 for the Greater Cleveland Food Bank, which equates to 68,628 meals, according to their website. With perishable food donations included, over 70,000 meals will be provided thanks to the Parade.

13 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

war-just think about it as you gain life experiences over the years. It will make more sense when you get my age, but I'll be long gone by then. if I could leave you with gifts from Christianity as I understand it, I would leave you the gifts of empathy and insight, which actually blend into one another. And like Christianity they are a never ending search for both. Maybe that's why I'm a little harder on you than others, for I know what path you have chosen. It is not an easy path and you will be tested to your limits. May God be with you every step of the way.  Bill

Thanks I appreciate that.

Archived