calfoxwc

Josh Allen mechanics are very good.

23 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I usually just sit back and read you guys, enjoying the banter and drama, but in this case I couldn't resist. poo poo away Stanley

have a nice day anyways, closet squealer squid.

Over 30K posts would tend to be evidence against the highlighted statement.

Edit...errr OK...sorry...I got it wrong about who is saying they sit back and read.  Sorry Cal.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Over 30K posts would tend to be evidence against the highlighted statement.

Edit...errr OK...sorry...I got it wrong about who is saying they sit back and read.  Sorry Cal.

You underestimate the power of being a Trumpette. They should call it the cal board, not the political board. If you think he kisses players over here, go over there.:P

1 minute ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You underestimate the power of being a Trumpette. They should call it the cal board, not the political board. If you think he kisses players over here, go over there.:P

have a nice day, leftwing rosen-bum.^_^

Just now, calfoxwc said:

LOL! Here fishy fishy!:D

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

cal thought Ben Rothlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes.

I can only imagine his ramblings on the political forum are hilarious. :lol:

no, I think he's a rapistbooger, and you give him great big smoochies, like stan would.

wrong link, I made a mistake. It happens, little stanley #2. have a nice day.

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

no, I think he's a rapistbooger, and you give him great big smoochies, like stan would.

wrong link, I made a mistake. It happens, little stanley #2. have a nice day.

I'll give you credit, you owned up to your mistake cal. (You have to admit, it was quite the doozy!)

Why would I give Ben Roethlisberger smooches, and who the hell is stan/stanley? :lol:

just go with it, it's a long story.  I had the link, didn't read it, lost it, googled it back up on the list, snagged it...

wrong Miami. I don't know how that happened. dammit.

We already have Josh Allen on our team.

His name is DeShone Kizer...

"Accuracy is one of those significant issues, especially downfield."

"This play is indicative of his struggles to understand defensive coverage schemes and his reckless willingness to rely on his arm to bail him out of bad decisions."

On 1/10/2018 at 1:43 PM, Up Up And Away said:

Long time lurker of the board; die hard Cleveland fan, born and raised. 

I usually just sit back and read you guys, enjoying the banter and drama, but in this case I couldn't resist.

The quotes from Calfox spewing the stats about how good Rapistberger's team was around him when he was in school, finally forced me to get involved.  He's going on a rant about how good "Miami U" was before Ben arrived, which would be a perfectly reasonable argument... if only he were talking about the CORRECT COLLEGE TEAM.  Ben didn't attend school at the University of Miami, which is the team that went 11-1 in 2000 and won the Sugar Bowl.  That school is in Florida and goes by the name "Hurricanes"... you may have heard of them.  Ben went to a much lesser known school, Miami University, which is located in Ohio, goes by the "Redhawks" and is in the MAC. 

They were terrible in 2000 (6-5 against MAC competition), the year before Big Ben.  There was little to no talent on that team.  He raised them to a 13-1 record (in his third year in college, only his fourth year playing the QB position after only playing one year at QB in high school) before deciding to go pro, and by 2006, the Redhawks returned to trash by going 2-10 (and they've had one year with a winning record since). 

I understand you're passionate about Josh Allen and will basically say anything to try to convince people of your point of view, but if you are not even going to be in the right stratosphere with your "stats", people are going to lose the last remaining shred of respect they may have had for you.

Go Browns!!

Now THAT'S what I call an entrance... welcome to the light!

HTF did I miss this?

On 1/10/2018 at 2:22 PM, calfoxwc said:

but you cherry picked...

That's your new, go to retort, isn't it?t

On 1/10/2018 at 4:00 PM, Dutch Oven said:

cal thought Ben Rothlisberger played for the Miami Hurricanes.

Either that or that Miami of Ohio won a Sugar Bowl, a Gator Bowl and a Peach Bowl in like a 5-year span.

Not sure which is funnier...

• Haha 1

werribee-zoo-victoria-australia-picture-

I'm just glad this thread has remained a calm. rational, dispassionate analysis of separate but objectively reconcilable perspectives.

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I'm just glad this thread has remained a calm. rational, dispassionate analysis of separate but objectively reconcilable perspectives.

Lord knows, I've tried.... earlier on, that is.:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBKdQTZBgp0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g15pyBqafY8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRDSJJx9OtY

On 1/10/2018 at 6:50 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

Does he kiss DTs shitehole?

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That's your new, go to retort, isn't it?

Nope-this one is and I like it!:lol:

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

werribee-zoo-victoria-australia-picture-

Hippo-crack-see?

hippo-arse-Tour

OK... :blink:

Then I claim the Hippo-crack-see interpretation for future use in the Political Section...

On 1/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, calfoxwc said:

well, since you got all whiney redass, I did respond knee jerkly a bit, but I don't get the reasoning. Look above:

Josh Allen, his first year starting, had a higher completion percentage than Rosen ever has in college (see above LOL)

. I just decided to say whatever else there IS to say, ONLY in this one thread. And yes, I have seen that video before, but decided to post it with my responses since you brought it up.

The only thing you have pointed out to me is that he has regressed or at best he hasn't improved since he was a Freshmen. You can argue that he had a poor supporting cast around him, and you can make the same case for Both Darnold and Rosen, but a poor supporting cast doesn't account for a 10% drop in passing accuracy. 

fine, if that is how you see it. I see it as the first half - Mayfield, vs the second half Mayfield.

https://www.foxsports.com/west/story/rose-bowl-game-baker-mayfield-oklahoma-sooners-georgia-bulldogs-010218'

"The Heisman Trophy winner was lights out in the first half, but the high-powered Sooners offense could only muster one offensive touchdown in the second half.For Oklahoma, the second half drives went like this: punt, punt, punt, interception, punt, and a grand total of 37 yards.Woof. How did this happen after putting up 31 first half points?

Lincoln Riley went to a horribly conservative play-calling style in the second half, relying on running back Rodney Anderson and not attacking the Bulldogs down the field, something which was so successful in the first half.And when Oklahoma needed to get back to its aggressive attack, Mayfield tried to do too much. Holding the ball in the pocket too long, resulting in five sacks, and trying to squeeze throws into tight windows, resulting in an interception which forfeited the Sooners’ lead."

When his team needed him most, Mayfield didn’t make the plays he needed to. He threw for only 87 yards in the second half, and wasn’t the same Mayfield everyone saw in the first.

"That is what is going to haunt him in the months to come: The tale of two Baker Mayfields.The flamboyant and celebratory Mayfield is a great player, but another version of the Heisman winner appears when the Sooners have faced adversity.Flail your arms and slash your throat, Mr. Mayfield, but make sure it’s you all the time, not just when it’s convenient."

So, by your reasoning, Mayfield "regressed" the second half of the game, very badly. Same opponent, same players around him.

So, Mayfield sucks? A lot of factors go into a team's performance, and so it is with Allen's performance. qb's don't work alone - it's a team game. I have never once said that Allen is ready to step in and start in the NFL. But I think Mayfield has limitations in his game, and the Rose Bowl shows it. And, qb's who play in a pro style offense in college don't get to have the  completion percentage stats that those qb's do in the spread offense.

And, no, it's invalide to compare the same situation with Wyoming talent versus UCLA and USC. They do not play a pro style offense. I even posted where UCLA admitted they tried to go to a pro  style offense, and they couldn't do it with the players they had.

THAT, is with what most consider to be the top qb's in the draft. Darnold had 13 INTs this past season, add the fumbles to that..

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/sam-darnold-usc-cotton-bowl-turnovers-2018-nfl-draft-concerns-cleveland-browns/6uk7tnrfyx0z14bsxkdbaxh05

and I'm not knocking Darnold, but simply trying to explain what I see - a kid who may be arguably the best overall qb in the draft - but there are questions. There are questions about Allen - but he makes some plays that rosen, mayfield, and darnold don't, and can't. None of the three match his athleticism, or his arm. Now, does Darnold see the field better than Allen? beats me - different offenses.

Not saying I'm right, but that is how I see it. That's all.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, calfoxwc said:

# Never Trump- says card carrying Republican.... 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

So, by your reasoning, Mayfield "regressed" the second half of the game, very badly. Same opponent, same players around him.

Darnold don't, and can't. None of the three match his athleticism, or his arm. Now, does Darnold see the field better than Allen? beats me - different offenses.

Not saying I'm right, but that is how I see it. That's all.

So by my reasoning Allen can hit the broadside of a barn 5   out of ten tries.. you want to do one half of football to say Mayfield isn't very good- I have 5 games on Allen that say 

HE SUCKS

69.Def.L.pngHoorta want a hankie?

8 minutes ago, hoorta said:

HE SUCKS

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

69.Def.L.pngHoorta want a hankie?

I'm just so crushed Cal- that you can't evaluate talent if it bit you in the a$$. and as a Wyoming homer if you read Gip's thread- I have Allen as the #5 qb, ahead of Lamar Jackson- (JT Barrett too)  which isn't saying much. 

Fair enough - see my thread on maybe not drafting a qb in the first round after all. Do you still have ryan leaf's poster on yer wall?

I wanted Wentz last time, totally, didn't want Goff. I'm not THAT far off. and do have a nice day.