THE BROWNS BOARD

Josh Allen mechanics are very good.

calfoxwc

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/5/2018 at 1:14 PM, calfoxwc said:

well, since you got all whiney redass, I did respond knee jerkly a bit, but I don't get the reasoning. Look above:

Josh Allen, his first year starting, had a higher completion percentage than Rosen ever has in college (see above LOL)

. I just decided to say whatever else there IS to say, ONLY in this one thread. And yes, I have seen that video before, but decided to post it with my responses since you brought it up.

The only thing you have pointed out to me is that he has regressed or at best he hasn't improved since he was a Freshmen. You can argue that he had a poor supporting cast around him, and you can make the same case for Both Darnold and Rosen, but a poor supporting cast doesn't account for a 10% drop in passing accuracy. 

fine, if that is how you see it. I see it as the first half - Mayfield, vs the second half Mayfield.

https://www.foxsports.com/west/story/rose-bowl-game-baker-mayfield-oklahoma-sooners-georgia-bulldogs-010218'

"The Heisman Trophy winner was lights out in the first half, but the high-powered Sooners offense could only muster one offensive touchdown in the second half.For Oklahoma, the second half drives went like this: punt, punt, punt, interception, punt, and a grand total of 37 yards.Woof. How did this happen after putting up 31 first half points?

Lincoln Riley went to a horribly conservative play-calling style in the second half, relying on running back Rodney Anderson and not attacking the Bulldogs down the field, something which was so successful in the first half.And when Oklahoma needed to get back to its aggressive attack, Mayfield tried to do too much. Holding the ball in the pocket too long, resulting in five sacks, and trying to squeeze throws into tight windows, resulting in an interception which forfeited the Sooners’ lead."

When his team needed him most, Mayfield didn’t make the plays he needed to. He threw for only 87 yards in the second half, and wasn’t the same Mayfield everyone saw in the first.

"That is what is going to haunt him in the months to come: The tale of two Baker Mayfields.The flamboyant and celebratory Mayfield is a great player, but another version of the Heisman winner appears when the Sooners have faced adversity.Flail your arms and slash your throat, Mr. Mayfield, but make sure it’s you all the time, not just when it’s convenient."

So, by your reasoning, Mayfield "regressed" the second half of the game, very badly. Same opponent, same players around him.

So, Mayfield sucks? A lot of factors go into a team's performance, and so it is with Allen's performance. qb's don't work alone - it's a team game. I have never once said that Allen is ready to step in and start in the NFL. But I think Mayfield has limitations in his game, and the Rose Bowl shows it. And, qb's who play in a pro style offense in college don't get to have the  completion percentage stats that those qb's do in the spread offense.

And, no, it's invalide to compare the same situation with Wyoming talent versus UCLA and USC. They do not play a pro style offense. I even posted where UCLA admitted they tried to go to a pro  style offense, and they couldn't do it with the players they had.

THAT, is with what most consider to be the top qb's in the draft. Darnold had 13 INTs this past season, add the fumbles to that..

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/sam-darnold-usc-cotton-bowl-turnovers-2018-nfl-draft-concerns-cleveland-browns/6uk7tnrfyx0z14bsxkdbaxh05

and I'm not knocking Darnold, but simply trying to explain what I see - a kid who may be arguably the best overall qb in the draft - but there are questions. There are questions about Allen - but he makes some plays that rosen, mayfield, and darnold don't, and can't. None of the three match his athleticism, or his arm. Now, does Darnold see the field better than Allen? beats me - different offenses.

Not saying I'm right, but that is how I see it. That's all.

On 1/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, calfoxwc said:

have a nice day, leftwing rosen-bum.^_^

# Never Trump- says card carrying Republican.... 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

So, by your reasoning, Mayfield "regressed" the second half of the game, very badly. Same opponent, same players around him.

Darnold don't, and can't. None of the three match his athleticism, or his arm. Now, does Darnold see the field better than Allen? beats me - different offenses.

Not saying I'm right, but that is how I see it. That's all.

So by my reasoning Allen can hit the broadside of a barn 5   out of ten tries.. you want to do one half of football to say Mayfield isn't very good- I have 5 games on Allen that say 

HE SUCKS

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

69.Def.L.pngHoorta want a hankie?

I'm just so crushed Cal- that you can't evaluate talent if it bit you in the a$$. and as a Wyoming homer if you read Gip's thread- I have Allen as the #5 qb, ahead of Lamar Jackson- (JT Barrett too)  which isn't saying much. 

Fair enough - see my thread on maybe not drafting a qb in the first round after all. Do you still have ryan leaf's poster on yer wall?

I wanted Wentz last time, totally, didn't want Goff. I'm not THAT far off. and do have a nice day.

there were haters of Wentz, too. Happens every year.

I just watch Allen play, and though he may take some time to start in the NFL, I think he has the highest upside of any qb in the draft.

Best pocket passer? of course not. But he has very serious skills - NFL scouts know it. He does have weaknesses, every single qb does.

Weaknesses

When rolling out, will float it a little too much when taking shots down the field. Allows passing windows to close quickly when he short­ arms his release. Needs a little more consistency on anticipatory throws outside the hash. Will get caught locking in on target bringing secondary charging in to make a play on the ball. Inconsistent footwork from the pocket. Arm gets ahead of his feet even with time to come to balance. Needs to pick up pace of his post-­snap setup. Has to put a little extra air on his field-­side throws. Can be a little flat with his downfield, touch throws. Has to eliminate the occasional nonchalant throw into tight quarters. Doesn't look comfortable yet with bootleg rollouts to the left. Broke a bone in his throwing wrist in October sidelining him for eight weeks. Dealt with arm and shoulder injuries as a baseball player in high school. Lower level of competition could cause issues for him adapting to NFL speed.

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm just so crushed Cal- that you can't evaluate talent if it bit you in the a$$. and as a Wyoming homer if you read Gip's thread- I have Allen as the #5 qb, ahead of Lamar Jackson- (JT Barrett too)  which isn't saying much. 

actually, you are being anass. Guess who agrees with me? I listen to McShay, and you slur, are no Todd McShay. He says Allen is one of the most talented qb's in the last few years.

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

actually, you are being anass. Guess who agrees with me? I listen to McShay, and you slur, are no Todd McShay. He says Allen is one of the most talented qb's in the last few years.

LOL, I never said Allen doesn't have any talent- it's just that around 3-4 other QBs in the 2018 draft class have more talent. BTW, McShay said "one of the most" not "the most".   Sure his receivers dropped passes, and McShay didn't mention the ones they couldn't catch, because Josh rifled them 10' over their heads. 

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

not really. everything that can be said, has been said. and it isn't even Feb.

I'll drink to that..

The longer the Browns have sucked... the earlier the upcoming draft talk has gotten old... especially when it comes to the QB prospects.

But soon will come fresh material from the Sr. Bowl and The Combine...

... which we will quickly exhaust.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

LOL, I never said Allen doesn't have any talent- it's just that around 3-4 other QBs in the 2018 draft class have more talent. BTW, McShay said "one of the most" not "the most".   Sure his receivers dropped passes, and McShay didn't mention the ones they couldn't catch, because Josh rifled them 10' over their heads. 

fair enough. but go back and read - I said "one of the most"  The fun part is, we'll see how it goes in the draft, and the year or two afterwards. and any qb we do draft, I will root for him to be great... but it won't be rosen. As a human being, HE SUCKS.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2017/10/31/16575136/film-study-my-pinky-hurts-im-going-home-edition

Film Study: “My pinky hurts, I’m going home” Edition

There may have also been sand in Josh Rosen’s athletic supporter

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/BJRCtKoZNVoPYNJH-YzAh_nfpQo=/0x0:720x400/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:720x400):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9569337/Blitz_with_Line_Stunt.gif

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_Aqkkvkhe3QQCxa4VLdAbABMwvU=/0x0:720x400/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:720x400):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9569449/Corner_Blitz.gif

lol. have a nice day. (NOTE : I didn't write the article.)

On 1/5/2018 at 11:53 AM, calfoxwc said:

On 1/12/2018 at 11:58 AM, calfoxwc said:

werribee-zoo-victoria-australia-picture-

22 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

69.Def.L.png want a hankie?

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Hoorta, in the south..When all else has failed :) We go to the jukebox right under Hanks Family Tradition & grab another quarter   

• 2 weeks later...

I just think this kid is the guy. But if we go with Darnold, I'm still good. He admits he has things to work on, accuracy wise.

https://omny.fm/shows/bull-fox/josh-allen-says-he-wants-to-be-the-guy-that-turns

13 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Well at least one player wants to come

Wyoming's Josh Allen tells @923theFan 'I want to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns'

Maybe he likes to wear brown? Perhaps he doesn't want to redo his whole wardrobe?

On 1/13/2018 at 1:06 PM, calfoxwc said:

fair enough. but go back and read - I said "one of the most"  The fun part is, we'll see how it goes in the draft, and the year or two afterwards. and any qb we do draft, I will root for him to be great... but it won't be rosen. As a human being, HE SUCKS.

https://www.uwdawgpound.com/2017/10/31/16575136/film-study-my-pinky-hurts-im-going-home-edition

Film Study: “My pinky hurts, I’m going home” Edition

There may have also been sand in Josh Rosen’s athletic supporter

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/BJRCtKoZNVoPYNJH-YzAh_nfpQo=/0x0:720x400/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:720x400):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9569337/Blitz_with_Line_Stunt.gif

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/_Aqkkvkhe3QQCxa4VLdAbABMwvU=/0x0:720x400/720x0/filters:focal(0x0:720x400):gifv():no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9569449/Corner_Blitz.gif

lol. have a nice day. (NOTE : I didn't write the article.)

So an article from UW talks smack against a conference rival? Stop the presses. 

None of this changes the fact that Rosen is the most nfl ready of all draft picks this year 

9 hours ago, darren15 said:

Well at least one player wants to come

Wyoming's Josh Allen tells @923theFan 'I want to be the guy that turns around the Cleveland Browns'

Not without that Browns chuckle first... 

turn your media mic's up.. 

Archived