THE BROWNS BOARD

Could be Darnold....for the Browns !

calfoxwc

The Browns will be helping themselves dramatically if they pick Darnold, too.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/sam_darnold_5_more_things_to_k.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Sam Darnold declared for the NFL Draft on Wednesday night, five days after losing his final college football game, as the USC Trojans fell to Ohio State 24-7 in the Cotton Bowl 

Darnold threw for 356 yards in the loss, completing 26 of 45 passes, but he had an interception returned for a touchdown by Damon Webb, fumbled twice and was sacked eight times.

Not a great way to go out.

"Whenever you turn over the ball that much, it's hard to win games. I made a bad read on the pick-six. I shouldn't have thrown it, obviously. He jumped inside of the receiver right after the ball was snapped, and I didn't see him. And it was a bad play on my part," Darnold said after the loss.

"Then the strip fumbles. When I'm in the pocket, those are tough. And then, yeah, it's just little things. ... I missed a couple of throws, too, that I'd like to have back. That would have switched the momentum. There was a lot of stuff where we shot ourselves in our foot."

Darnold might be great, though.

The 6-foot-4 redshirt sophomore will be in the running to be the Browns No. 1 pick in the draft, and his ability inside and outside the pocket to make throws shows why. He's raw, and he admitted his footwork gets out of whack sometimes, and he hasn't played quarterback all that long.

But there's something there.

While covering Ohio State at the Cotton Bowl, I talked to Darnold, his teammates and his coaches and wrote several stories. Catch up on them, then check out five more things from Dallas that you might not know about a leading candidate to be the Browns next quarterback.

This is pretty interesting, you know Kessler is going to be a star. He had stats.

"Darnold said he hasn't talked to Kessler in a year, but he said the two have a good relationship. Kessler, obviously, was drafted in the third round by the Browns in the 2016 NFL Draft. Kessler threw for 3,536 yards and 29 touchdowns and seven interceptions with a 66.8 completion percentage as a senior. "

54 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't mind.......................I have been on the "anyone but Trump" camp since forever on the politics board. Fair is fair.:P

You, sir, are a sh!t-stirrer...

28 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn and caldron bubble.":D

One interjection: Card carrying Republican # Never Trump. The Donald hasn't done anything this past year to make me change my mind.....  

I'm not saying Darnold won't be good, but I do believe he'll take a while and he'll be rough at first. Drafting a QB early with bad footwork and turnover problems? Uhhhhh. We need to get better NOW. If we draft and then start another super young QB who struggles with turnovers and decision making, we might go 0-16 again and God himself might smite our organization off the map. 

And not only that, but even if we DO draft Darnold, I seriously doubt he'd beat out Kizer anyway. He'd have to learn the language, the offense, and everything else that's so difficult for rookies. Meanwhile, Kizer would come in already knowing it. Kizer would have relationships with the players, know their strengths, and be infinitely more comfortable in the offense. It'd be very tough to beat him out. 

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

One interjection: Card carrying Republican # Never Trump. The Donald hasn't done anything this past year to make me change my mind.....  

You're just another liberal commie like me on the political board despite my McCain idolatry and Goldwater roots. Go over there and say those things you red loving Hollywoodite.:D

BTW the key word to open that door is "liar".;)

PS-Guilty as charged Tour.:lol:

Archived