THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen

Westside Steve

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Honestly? Still wrong-headed and markedly less conciliatory than your PM. Like someone trying to have something both ways.

I don't think the PM was that conciliatory. Point being that it's still stupid to defend what you defended or to think what the poster said he perceived and the other two weren't really meant as attacks.

Makes me wonder if you actually read the back and forth before you jumped in, but I'm guessing you might share the perception I was denouncing.

WSS

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I don't think the PM was that conciliatory. Point being that it's still stupid to defend what you defended or to think what the poster said he perceived and the other two weren't really meant as attacks.

Makes me wonder if you actually read the back and forth before you jumped in, but I'm guessing you might share the perception I was denouncing.

Correct, it wasn't conciliatory... just more so.

Not sure how many times I can tell you that I was defending nothing. I was questioning your defense.

I fully understand discussions about Israel... I've been in them myself. But just how many times have you and cal sat around discussing "Jews"? And why?

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Correct, it wasn't conciliatory... just more so.

Not sure how many times I can tell you that I was defending nothing. I was questioning your defense.

I fully understand discussions about Israel... I've been in them myself. But just how many times have you and cal sat around discussing "Jews"? And why?

It doesn't matter and this conversation has jumped the shark. The accusation was that he didn't like Rosen because he was Jewish. The accuser even posted some stupid Nazi footage.. I think that's a garbage analysis. With absolutely no basis to believe that perception.

I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe there is even a hint that perception might be true. How about you?

Actually I'm pretty sure of one of the reasons he doesn't like Rosen, and it ain't anti-semitism.

WSS

well then you should understand that if you accuse somebody of something, or when one of your buddies does it.

Totally unnecessary and wrong.

56 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well then you should understand that if you accuse somebody of something, or when one of your buddies does it.

Buddy? You mean the guy I argue with on the football side more than anyone else? The guy I regularly put on ignore just to take a break? That guy?

Sorry, you don't get to assign me responsibility for him.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Buddy? You mean the guy I argue with on the football side more than anyone else? The guy I regularly put on ignore just to take a break? That guy?

Sorry, you don't get to assign me responsibility for him.

"IS THAT YA STICK BUDDY?!?!"

original.jpg

2 hours ago, Mark O said:

He was at USD but I'm sure he was awesome.

Actually saw 30 seconds of Johnny throwing on NFLN. IF a team wants to sign him IIRC he still has a four game suspension waiting. 

He doesn't get picked up this year he'll probably fade into Oblivion, like Kaep. Thinks he's too good for the CFL, though realistically that's his best chance at a comeback.

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Actually saw 30 seconds of Johnny throwing on NFLN. IF a team wants to sign him IIRC he still has a four game suspension waiting. 

He doesn't get picked up this year he'll probably fade into Oblivion, like Kaep. Thinks he's too good for the CFL, though realistically that's his best chance at a comeback.

Quite possibly. With the style of play in the CFL he could actually carry some team over the top If he keeps his nose clean.

WSS

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Aw man...

The Rosen thread now has JFF stank on it.

Just when I thought the thread was already the lowest of the low.

7 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Posted this on a different thread,  but it belongs here.  He's not injury prone.  Stuff happens.  It's football. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gojoebruin.com/2018/03/01/nfl-combine-injury-excuses-ucla-josh-rosen-need-to-stop/amp/

And I posted in the same other thread- you just can't ignore concussions. 

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

When it's one with a "concussion symptoms" secondary (cowpoop) in a 4 year span?  

Yeah... not too worried.  

They (interim coach and medical staff) were looking out for him. Saved him from playing in a meaningless bowl game when they knew he was declaring for the NFL. 

He's got enough film to see what he brings to the table.  

5 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

They (interim coach and medical staff) were looking out for him. Saved him from playing in a meaningless bowl game when they knew he was declaring for the NFL. 

He's got enough film to see what he brings to the table.  

I'm pretty sure everyone in college football has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

If he goes to a team like Aikman went to back in the day, there were a least 2 concussions against Buddy Ryan's Eagles alone as a rookie.  So, it CAN be a concern.  Keep in mind, there's a lot of bad teams needing the best QBs in this draft. And one of them (the NY Giants) had atrocious pass protection working in tandem with underwhelming run blocking fwiw.  

As I said previously, as much as I really like the top QB prospects they all have something to be concerned about.  I won't have a tough time getting excited about Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield.  That said, I'd need to revert back to my fraternity rules of attraction and power down somewhere between 6 and 12 beers in order to find Josh Allen to be an attractive choice.   And Lamar Jackson might require some Maddog 20/20 or Moonshine... 

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

... has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

That too.  And they're not just QBs right Mr Kuechly?   

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

and you get a participation  trophy  for that one cause that was very enlightening

Tyrod will start and play for a minimum of one year.  During that time the QB that the Browns draft at #1 will be holding a clipboard and learning.  Optimum scenario.

I'm putting my full faith and trust in the Browns' new front office.  They can draft whatever QB they want at #1 - it'll be the right decision.  I could care less if it's Darnold, Rudolph, or David Pindell.  

1 minute ago, Suomi said:

Tyrod will start and play for a minimum of one year.  During that time the QB that the Browns draft at #1 will be holding a clipboard and learning.  Optimum scenario.

I'm putting my full faith and trust in the Browns' new front office.  They can draft whatever QB they want at #1.  It'll be the right decision.  I could care less if it's Darnold, Rudolph, or Rudolph.  

you get one also just for saying Rudolph twice 

13 hours ago, syd said:

and you get a participation  trophy  for that one cause that was very enlightening

Gee, thanks... I'll be watching the mail.

Archived