THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen

Westside Steve

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

And every one of those has played thru a concussion at sometime in there career..Favre maybe 2 to many..Rosen skipped a bowl game & now with the protocal's..He is a risk. And they will watch for it.. 

Rosen's injury history is a valid concern, for sure. 

24 minutes ago, syd said:

Darnold #1

and am still not counting Baker Mayfield out of it yet either.Sam Darnolds Pro Day is tomorrow.Might rain..am ready to see this new Palmer whind up 

2 hours ago, hish747 said:

I almost think BPA at 1 and Josh Allen at 4.

You said 'almost'.  

I don't see how to leave the most important position on the team to chance and 'hope' he falls to #4.  - If you think Josh Allen is the QB for your team, then you take him at #1 and NOT let anyone else take him.  WHOEVER (of the top 4) is the QB you like best, you pick him right there at #1.  NO gettin' cute with the QB position.

Really simple bird beek is injury prone and a bad attitude I’ll pass, mayfield is little Johnny 2.0 he’s not a good athlete placed last in all the test at the combine and the fan boys that say he’s a competitor well they all are, and Allen is big and has a cannon, but not accurate and no touch. 

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I know Cal personally and I know him to be one of the most pro-israel pro-jewish guys in my acquaintance.

First, being pro-Israel and pro-Jewish are not synonymous. There are a lot of Christians who are the former, but not the latter.

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Which may or may not be valid.

There... All it takes to breakthru is to allow for the possibility that a position is incorrect.

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Of all the cal's we get the extreme pleasure of reading on this board, I can confidently say that "snowflake victim cal" is my favorite cal. 

It's the projection that always entertains... that ultimate, prideful ascription of what is truest in him to those with whom he disagrees.

I swear... the smirk with which he surely types that... is palpable.

28 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

First, being pro-Israel and pro-Jewish are not synonymous. There are a lot of Christians who are the former, but not the latter.

So is that your perceptionor too or just bloviating?

There... All it takes to breakthru is to allow for the possibility that a position is incorrect.

Try it sometime.

It's the projection that always entertains... that ultimate, prideful ascription of what is truest in him to those with whom he disagrees.

Said the kettle to the pot.

WSD

5 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

I have a question for you & your mailbox is full....

Rosens' talent & abilities can't be questioned, but I am concerned about his injury history. Are you concerned regarding past (and possibly future) concussion & shoulder issues? If not, what reasons for optimism are there?

My mailbox is 10% full??? Anywho...

It's not so much that I'm optimistic, as that I decided to not be pessimistic. If I were looking for a tie-breaker, then even a very small health concern could push me off of Rosen, but the talent gap I see is so big that I need a disqualifier.

Unless a congenital propensity for Rosen to be concussed is uncovered by Medical I'm good. Two concussions in three years at UCLA is not an alarming number. To scratch him for that is an overreaction.

As for the shoulder, that's a complete non-issue. The soft-tissue injury had it's origins back in his tennis days. It was aggravated by a hit. It healed after surgical repair. End of story...

5 hours ago, Nero said:

Tour, 

I have a question for you and your mailbox is full...

What's your take? Should I put on my burger mustard and then ketchup, or ketchup and then mustard? 

While you're at it, classic mustard or honey mustard? In Spain we have less variety in mustards.

Thanks,

Nero

Nope... still not full...

Much easier question since I am not a mustard fan... skip the mustard. Ketchup and grilled onions are the way to go. But if you want a little "bite" to your burger, go with some blue cheese.

My name is Tour and I'm here to help...

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:
36 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Try it sometime.

WSD

Well... I see our age of civility is over... pity.

5 hours ago, Nero said:

Tour, 

I have a question for you and your mailbox is full...

What's your take? Should I put on my burger mustard and then ketchup, or ketchup and then mustard? 

While you're at it, classic mustard or honey mustard? In Spain we have less variety in mustards.

Thanks,

Nero

What the Hell is going on in this thread?  I went back to try to find a thread and I stumbled across your prayers thread Nero.  One of the first guys that had your back in it was Canton Mike. 

Just now, Flugel said:

What the Hell is going on in this thread?  I went back to try to find a thread and I stumbled across your prayers thread Nero.  One of the first guys that had your back in it was Canton Mike. 

Natives are restless tonight Flugs-just a little bitch slapping between folks who would otherwise sit down for a beer with one another. Internet sucks that way you know.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/josh-rosen?id=2560059

Weaknesses

Durability is a concern. Carries slight build and has had injury issues dating back to high school. Carries ball low in pocket with slight upward pre-throw hitch. Too casual in pocket set-up. Decision making and post-snap reads are inconsistent. Refuses easy throws at times. Arm talent and strength are below average. May need to make greater effort to drive field and seam throws. Poor career deep ball completion rate. Excess air under ball allows challenges. Lacks gun to challenge safeties with rip throws over the top. Needs better anticipation. Poor mobility. Struggles to elude early pressure. Completed just 42.4 percent of his throws when forced to move. Too much hero ball. Extends plays and takes unnecessary chances rather than throwing it away. Scouts question his passion for football and whether he will be a willing student.

Draft Projection

Round 1

Sources Tell Us

"He wasn't the guy everyone rallied around in college and you don't have to dig around for too long to find people who said he was hard to coach. He's definitely talented. Nobody questions that. But he's going to have to get grown men to buy into him as their leader. That is not a given." -- NFL Executive

NFL Comparison

Trent Green

Bottom Line

Josh Rosen's footwork and mechanics make him as pretty a quarterback as you will find in this year's draft. The biggest concern with Rosen is that his on-field success requires many elements to stay on schedule. He lacks plus arm strength, so identifying coverage (pre- and post-snap) and throwing with anticipation takes on added importance. Rosen has the pocket poise, accuracy and intelligence to become a good NFL starter, but he needs to be willing to take what defenses give him more frequently. Rosen will need to quell concerns surrounding leadership and coachability early on in order to establish a strong first impression and get his career off on the right foot. -Lance Zierlein

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Natives are restless tonight Flugs-just a little bitch slapping between folks who would otherwise sit down for a beer with one another. Internet sucks that way you know.

Don't get me wrong - I love me some smart asss when it's well deserved. 

19 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I merely followed suit. Frankly I was surprised you went on attack.

I attacked you?

You've been hanging with cal too long... have developed his "complex".

16 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Don't get me wrong - I love me some smart asss when it's well deserved. 

I just thought it was funny that my Inbox is basically empty...

23 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Going to be a lot more of them as 2018 rolls towards November...

It getting really Stormy out there...

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Calling someone who doesn't want the quarterback you do  a nazi is pretty weak Shite.

Yes it is... probably why I did not do that.

40 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Going to be a lot more of them as 2018 rolls towards November...

It getting really Stormy out there...

Oh folks will have plenty of time to Mueller it over before then.:lol:

5 hours ago, hish747 said:

Darnold certainly is the way the wind blows. Still, I don't see how anyone who watched USC's bowl game and saw how shell-shocked Darnold looked could have come away with anything but serious reservations about him. I know it's just one game, but it was the big one where he was supposed to elevate his game.

So is Darnold a foregone conclusion? Maybe but I have a hard time believing it. I almost think BPA at 1 and Josh Allen at 4. I'm not a huge Josh Allen fan, but think his upside, to be realized would require him to sit for a year just like Darnold.

I wouldn't hold Darnold's bowl game with OSU too much against him- welcome to looking at your first real "pro" defense. That was the same defense that made Saquon look real ordinary. Like 40 some yards, and most of it on one run...   

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Again Cal- take note of the date- that's pre-combine, and the perception of Rosen around the league changed drastically after his press conference and interviews in Indy....   :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Calling someone who doesn't want the quarterback you do  a nazi is pretty weak Shite.. 

WSS

They used to say... When you bring in the Nazis, you've lost the argument...  

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

Again Cal- take note of the date- that's pre-combine, and the perception of Rosen around the league changed drastically after his press conference and interviews in Indy....   :rolleyes:

yes, I know. You can't blame rosen - he admitted well before he had a problem with women on his campus, etc etc etc etc, scouts, NFL execs, sportswriters... etc

of course he has been trying to show a more responsible side of himself. Just watching him closely at that all star competition - he was trying to reach out to guys here and there, when nobody I noticed reached out to him. Even just the qbs were having fun hanging out together here and there - and rosen was on the bench just sitting there. He had to try to show he can get past all the rumors and actions of his own doing. That's all. Good luck to him. I hope he doesn't flame out like Ryan Leaf - not even predicting it - just concerned about his personality and lack of durability, mobility, self-centeredness, etc. That doesn't fix itself just because a player was on their best behavior at the combine.

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

I thought it was a very innocent joke! Come on, man! I don't have any problem with Mike. In fact I enjoy reading his opinions on the Board. 

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

If it's about beer, I think I would have a great time having one with anyone in this board, but I try to be the same sarcastic guy as I am in real life. And I try not put all my anger away on the internet. 

37 minutes ago, Nero said:

I thought it was a very innocent joke! Come on, man! I don't have any problem with Mike. In fact I enjoy reading his opinions on the Board. 

If it's about beer, I think I would have a great time having one with anyone in this board, but I try to be the same sarcastic guy as I am in real life. And I try not put all my anger away on the internet. 

I know I prolly just came across like Bart Simpson giving behavioral etiquette advice...  I also know I don't usually see you as one that goes out of your way to be a jerk to anyone.  In this particular case whether you meant it or not, I can see why Mike felt disrespected. 

18 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Try it sometime.

So I had a conversation with tour that was off the air but he feels I would fall short of his moral demands if I didn't post it in public.(Since your panties are in a bunch right now that was tongue in cheek.)

But here goes...

The only portion of this makes any difference is the very first. If you read the conversation which included a misguided reference to one of our members as an anti-semite and a Nazi because he wasn't a fan of Josh Rosen. I responded, perhaps too harshly but accurately, that I know Cal and understand firsthand that is not the case. The member who made that accusation then went on to say he believed that was the perception of which I don't think there's any basis. The first line of this post is your defense of that accusation. I don't think you have any basis to believe it either but yet... So I suggested you were bloviating. 

The second two points are minor league. You suggest it's a breakthrough if I leave room that my position might be incorrect. Anyway it's not my position but it is a position that I've heard from people who probably more in the loop than either of us. BFD. 

The third one was a little jest as well. I'm guessing even you can see the irony in your chiding someone else for being prideful or an implied smirk. 

And yes indeed my private message was meant as an olive branch even though I think defending someone who called Cal an anti-semite is BS. 

Again no hard feelings for me and apologies to anyone who is offended when others go off book.

How's that?

PS I went private with this because I thought it was straying too far from any football related topic, of which I share some responsibility for firing back in the first place.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

How's that?

Honestly? Still wrong-headed and markedly less conciliatory than your PM. Like someone trying to have something both ways.

Archived