Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

It's so painfully obvious this is why calfox sabotages thread after thread for his personal jihad vs Rosen. It's PoG and Hogan all over again.

I find it funny that character is so important for calfox when it comes to being the face of the Browns, while he completely ignores it as the face of this country.

well, in Browns history it's important NOT to pick a player that doesn't want to be here.

Some of the "Rosen's teammates don't like him" might be rubbish, but his high school football coach definitely commented negative comments about him with a bunch of others.

Bringing a spoiled rich kid to the winters of Cleveland might make him demand a trade, in fact i'd almost guarantee it.

"Politics" is an easy way for you to attempt to try to shut down cali's argument. I think he merely finds it crazy no one seems to have character concerns of him on the board after we took Manziel, Justin Gilbert, and Braylon Edwards in the past.

If Rosen does NOT want to be in Cleveland, you are trying to make him come here and force him to like it?

He wants the big city of NY, the popularity. It's more appealing to the kid.

Let's not forget that Baker was a walk-on at Two colleges. That kid truly performed adversity and is a competitive beast. Rosen didn't even play in his bowl game. 

My guess is we take Josh Allen or trade down at #1. I'd rather trade down and take Minkah than try and force a spoiled rich kid from california to love it in Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

well, in Browns history it's important NOT to pick a player that doesn't want to be here.

Some of the "Rosen's teammates don't like him" might be rubbish, but his high school football coach definitely commented negative comments about him with a bunch of others.

Bringing a spoiled rich kid to the winters of Cleveland might make him demand a trade, in fact i'd almost guarantee it.

"Politics" is an easy way for you to attempt to try to shut down cali's argument. I think he merely finds it crazy no one seems to have character concerns of him on the board after we took Manziel, Justin Gilbert, and Braylon Edwards in the past.

If Rosen does NOT want to be in Cleveland, you are trying to make him come here and force him to like it?

He wants the big city of NY, the popularity. It's more appealing to the kid.

Let's not forget that Baker was a walk-on at Two colleges. That kid truly performed adversity and is a competitive beast. Rosen didn't even play in his bowl game. 

My guess is we take Josh Allen or trade down at #1. I'd rather trade down and take Minkah than try and force a spoiled rich kid from california to love it in Cleveland.

You take the best damn QB talent based on your assessments.

And you remind him...just as Jim Kelly was reminded....that  A. The Giants may not like you..they may like someone else better  B. the Colts have Andrew Luck coming back...and C.  We also have the #4 pick....and if we decide to go defense or something with #1....you may still be there at #4...and we may take you there.....but it would just be for a lot less money.    (What is the difference between what the #1 gets and the #4 gets?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I thought Rosen wanted to be in Cleveland I'd say he is a good choice at #1 if the Browns think he is the QB of the future but I don't think he wants to be in Cleveland.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gipper:

6280449243_c56f157886_b.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unexpectedly, SBnation has something really useful.. this page covers everything about the Rosen issue.. It's worth reading all the way through, you mongrels.

And now, instead of Snapfacegramming something about Rosen, I will go tunnel myself out of a blizzard.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I was ardently opposed to drafting JM. I argued it bigtime. Was that political? NOPE.

same goes for rosen. It never had anything to do with politics, it had to do with some young

snowflakes enraged that I was disagreeing with them about qb discussions.

The guy who runs to the moderators on this board to complain about other posters hurting his tender sensibilities refers to others as "snowflakes".

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Thin, fragile,. Bad under pressure, bad attitude, no thanks

Given the amount of passing attempts asked of him, coupled with a shaky Oline and questionable receivers - his 4th quarter stats would argue against "bad under pressure".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have the Browns shown anything since haslem became owner that screams "we're a competent and winning franchise!" 

They've shown the exact opposite.  Face it,  nobody would choose here over elsewhere if given the opportunity

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SD_Tom said:

Have the Browns shown anything since haslem became owner that screams "we're a competent and winning franchise!" 

They've shown the exact opposite.  Face it,  nobody would choose here over elsewhere if given the opportunity

As I said earlier this year Haslem was losing on purpose.  I believe he was because he was making so much money and not putting anything into the team.  Now with attendance down so low  the lowest of the NFL I hope he's ready to bring a winning team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The guy who runs to the moderators on this board to complain about other posters hurting his tender sensibilities refers to others as "snowflakes".

when people are threatened on this board, I think it's valid. when raping daughters etc come up, I think it's valid. It's a forum. Just state your opinions and don't threaten people, etc. "snowflakes" melt when they are disagreed with. That's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosen Barkley are #1 and #2   If the Browns lead with Barkley, they will again get a leftover QB when they pick at #4.

I would be happy with Barkley and Rosen, but the Browns are going to have to trade up. to get this done. The Browns made a mistake at taking caulksucker Zumba Boy and the Bears too the right guy.

The Browns cannot afford not to pick whichever QB they want at #1. If he busts, so what, we will pick #1 again next year. If they do not go QB at #1, they truly are the dumbest fauhking group of jackoffs who ever lived.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Have the Browns shown anything since haslem became owner that screams "we're a competent and winning franchise!" 

They've shown the exact opposite.  Face it,  nobody would choose here over elsewhere if given the opportunity

Goddamn That leatherfaced hayseed for making me miss Randy Lerner. I guarantee good ol’ Jimmyboy is in a fantasy league that “awards” last place with a trophy called “the Haslam”

In 5 years under the orange goblin the Browns have gone 15-65 under 3 head coaches and 4 GMs. Im expecting 40 years in this desert with mongoloid Moses. This tangerine tower of salt-cured cat diks has worn out his welcome. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You take the best damn QB talent based on your assessments.

And you remind him...just as Jim Kelly was reminded....that  A. The Giants may not like you..they may like someone else better  B. the Colts have Andrew Luck coming back...and C.  We also have the #4 pick....and if we decide to go defense or something with #1....you may still be there at #4...and we may take you there.....but it would just be for a lot less money.    (What is the difference between what the #1 gets and the #4 gets?)

I don't know Gip, they said on an ESPN talk show today that if Rosen is picked #1, that they could understand him pulling an Eli Manning, because a QB at the top of the draft class holds all the power and the Browns hold none. Any other position and a prospect couldn't afford to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure Rosen is smart enough to realize the advantage of being #1, and the leverage it brings....As well as the upside of all the draft picks and cap space they have to really put something solid around the next QB. If you're the QB that can be the face of the Browns and turn it around, you are going to be the talk of the NFL, and likely one of the highest paid QB's in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let him go to the giants and be a pain in the butt there.  Might fit in with Odell good and have good chemistry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lot of Browns fans are extremely annoyed by the QB position because so many of us wanted Jimmy Garoppolo, and Sashi couldn't figure out how to get it done. Much has been made about the Patriots not wanting to send him to the Browns, and they didn't want to treat him like that, etc. But we don't specifically know what Sashi offered, and nobody can tell me that if we offered the #12 pick before the draft, the Patriots turn it down. I won't believe it. Then, after the season starts, we still don't get him. The Patriots are a shrewd business bunch, and although they wanted to do right by Garoppolo, all that crap goes out of the window if Browns offered the 2018 Texans pick for him. Can I prove it? No. Do I really have to? No. Every team in the planet would trade their backup QB for a first rounder. 

The most annoying part was hearing people say, "But Garoppolo will fail in Cleveland because we don't have weapons!" Oh really? Can anybody name the San Francisco weapons? I can't. And the crazy thing is that the 49's kicked a crap load of FG's. They would have blown teams out if they were better in the red zone, which is always tough for QBs learning a new system. I remember I said to give the Patriots whatever they want for Garoppolo because in the end NOTHING matters but having your QB. In my mind, that's why Sashi is gone. Everything else could've been forgiven, but not letting a QB get away. 

So we're back to hoping for a 22 year old kid to be our savior. Somebody kill me now. I like Rosen. I love his arm, his calmness in the pocket, the way he can push the ball, throw with accuracy, and his good height. But we had a decent OL and we all saw how Kizer had to run for his life. Kizer has better mobility than Rosen, and I don't see how we could keep Rosen healthy. That's my BIGGEST concern with drafting the kid. Kizer and Rosen are listed at similar sizes, but Kizer definitely has the edge in mass....something that can't be understated. For all of Kizer's faults, nobody can say the kid wasn't tough as nails. I was so proud of Kizer in that Steelers game. Heinz Field is a place we've seen PLENTY of Browns QBs just wilt, but Kizer grew stronger in the game after a very shaky start. Take that last 4th and 2 play for example. Kizer makes an all star play and Corey obviously drops it, but could Rosen escape that rush? And don't say Rosen would've gotten the ball out quickly before I'm pretty sure NOBODY was open right away (I COULD be wrong, haven't seen the all 22).

Anyway, I think we're in trouble. If we don't pull a giant miracle out of our ear and get one of the two freaking veteran qb's that could hopefully change a team right away, we're in deep trouble. We don't get Cousins or Smith, then we're drafting a QB #1. We draft a QB #1, and you KNOW the pressure to play him right away will be suffocating. I just don't see it, man. I don't see any of these guys coming into the draft as day 1 starters. Maybe Rosen, but his concussion history and his lack of escape-ability, make me hesitant. Darnold is a turnover machine, and Baker has talent, but will need time. I think the qb class last year was much better, and I'm scared to death we're going to pick a QB because everyone thinks we need to, and we're going to throw him in before he's ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a minor point jiggins. I was not proud at all of Kizer's decision to throw to Coleman. He had a season's worth of WRs dropping his passes and there Kizer was on the left flank all alone just a couple more steps from the 1st down with no one there to stop him. So what does he do on that make or  break 4th down? He leaves the sure thing on the bench and chooses to make the far riskier throw for more yardage. That was not a good decision. it was just one more in the long line of bad decisions in that part of the field all season long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2018 at 7:18 PM, TexasAg1969 said:

An OT @4? With a much greater need of a DB and certainly BPA there we have to take Fitzpatrick.

I agree the Browns need to take Fitzpatrick 4th.  Maybe with Fitzpatrick in Williams' arsenal the Browns will play close and give up the short slant routes and should I dare say, have Peppers play a bit closer to the line of scrimmage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

A lot of Browns fans are extremely annoyed by the QB position because so many of us wanted Jimmy Garoppolo, and Sashi couldn't figure out how to get it done. Much has been made about the Patriots not wanting to send him to the Browns, and they didn't want to treat him like that, etc. But we don't specifically know what Sashi offered, and nobody can tell me that if we offered the #12 pick before the draft, the Patriots turn it down. I won't believe it. Then, after the season starts, we still don't get him. The Patriots are a shrewd business bunch, and although they wanted to do right by Garoppolo, all that crap goes out of the window if Browns offered the 2018 Texans pick for him. Can I prove it? No. Do I really have to? No. Every team in the planet would trade their backup QB for a first rounder. 

The most annoying part was hearing people say, "But Garoppolo will fail in Cleveland because we don't have weapons!" Oh really? Can anybody name the San Francisco weapons? I can't. And the crazy thing is that the 49's kicked a crap load of FG's. They would have blown teams out if they were better in the red zone, which is always tough for QBs learning a new system. I remember I said to give the Patriots whatever they want for Garoppolo because in the end NOTHING matters but having your QB. In my mind, that's why Sashi is gone. Everything else could've been forgiven, but not letting a QB get away. 

So we're back to hoping for a 22 year old kid to be our savior. Somebody kill me now. I like Rosen. I love his arm, his calmness in the pocket, the way he can push the ball, throw with accuracy, and his good height. But we had a decent OL and we all saw how Kizer had to run for his life. Kizer has better mobility than Rosen, and I don't see how we could keep Rosen healthy. That's my BIGGEST concern with drafting the kid. Kizer and Rosen are listed at similar sizes, but Kizer definitely has the edge in mass....something that can't be understated. For all of Kizer's faults, nobody can say the kid wasn't tough as nails. I was so proud of Kizer in that Steelers game. Heinz Field is a place we've seen PLENTY of Browns QBs just wilt, but Kizer grew stronger in the game after a very shaky start. Take that last 4th and 2 play for example. Kizer makes an all star play and Corey obviously drops it, but could Rosen escape that rush? And don't say Rosen would've gotten the ball out quickly before I'm pretty sure NOBODY was open right away (I COULD be wrong, haven't seen the all 22).

Anyway, I think we're in trouble. If we don't pull a giant miracle out of our ear and get one of the two freaking veteran qb's that could hopefully change a team right away, we're in deep trouble. We don't get Cousins or Smith, then we're drafting a QB #1. We draft a QB #1, and you KNOW the pressure to play him right away will be suffocating. I just don't see it, man. I don't see any of these guys coming into the draft as day 1 starters. Maybe Rosen, but his concussion history and his lack of escape-ability, make me hesitant. Darnold is a turnover machine, and Baker has talent, but will need time. I think the qb class last year was much better, and I'm scared to death we're going to pick a QB because everyone thinks we need to, and we're going to throw him in before he's ready. 

I was right with you on everything until you said last years class was better.  It may end up being viewed that way with the help of hindsight, but if Watson didn’t play like Superman before he blew out a wheel, would you still believe that? 

Mahomes could end up being the next Favre, Trubisky could end up being the next Dalton and Watson could end up being the next RG3, but there were even more questions about the QB position last year than we’re facing now.  Rosen and Darnold would likely both be taken ahead of Trubisky if both classes were lumped together. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Gipper:

6280449243_c56f157886_b.jpg

Not sure what this is supposed to be about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, stillmotion said:

I don't know Gip, they said on an ESPN talk show today that if Rosen is picked #1, that they could understand him pulling an Eli Manning, because a QB at the top of the draft class holds all the power and the Browns hold none. Any other position and a prospect couldn't afford to do that.

What power? The power to sit out? And lose an entire year of his career?  And take a risk of going back into the draft....and being picked again by the same team...if he thinks they are that bad? 

To me...I don't really know much about him....he is only 1 of 6 names out there...none of which are being described as head and shoulders above the others.   I am not currently of the opinion that if we choose player X over this guy at #1 that it would be such a bad thing...

Because...after all....what has he REALLY done to distinguish himself as the best prospect out there?

Everyone has an opinion....Tour is chewing on this guys pud.  Cal is chewing on Allen's pud. Some are chewing on Darnold's pud.  Others are chewing on Mayfield's pud.

This ain't like last year when there were only 1 or 2 guys to consider.....or like the Andrew Luck year...where EVERYONE had the same opinion about how he was the best out there.

So...if we don't draft him....to me, perhaps it is no great shakes.

As I don't care who we draft.....just get a guy who can play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, it's half "sometimes you are a hippo's butt" and half - "this is gipper mooning the board" in response to your pic joking about me and a few others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I don't care who we draft.....just get a guy who can play. Gip

**********************************************************

    I care, but I agree, whoever it is they DO draft, I really hope he ends up being the guy who makes it WORK and helps the offense click, and start winning.

  BTW, my opinions about football, and quarterbacks, are as expert as my bowl mania picks - they suck probably. But it's all pretty much been said already, like I said before. And the draft is in April. seriously. It got down to -8 last night, not enough snow to use my fancy snowblower, so... I have spring fever already.  Even I am tired of arguing about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

As I don't care who we draft.....just get a guy who can play. Gip

**********************************************************

    I care, but I agree, whoever it is they DO draft, I really hope he ends up being the guy who makes it WORK and helps the offense click, and start winning.

  BTW, my opinions about football, and quarterbacks, are as expert as my bowl mania picks - they suck probably. But it's all pretty much been said already, like I said before. And the draft is in April. seriously. It got down to -8 last night, not enough snow to use my fancy snowblower, so... I have spring fever already.  Even I am tired of arguing about it.

Why do you care?  What hair is it off your arse if we pick a guy you don't like....but he turns out to be THE guy to really bring this team along?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, it's half "sometimes you are a hippo's butt" and half - "this is gipper mooning the board" in response to your pic joking about me and a few others.

Well....when you and PoG exhibit the kind of man love that you do.....I just thought it should be illustrated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Why do you care?  What hair is it off your arse if we pick a guy you don't like....but he turns out to be THE guy to really bring this team along?

wait.... you didn't even read what I posted, obviously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Well....when you and PoG exhibit the kind of man love that you do.....I just thought it should be illustrated.

 It isn't that - that is just sour grapes over being disagreed with. Allen, Darnold, Rudolph, even Jackson, Thorson and Lock (both staying in school, btw), even whatshisname from Penn State, and Benkert, before I would draft rosen.

There are many aspects to a qb to lead your team, far more than just completion percentage or sheply how pretty he looks, which is also stan's way of looking at them. Stan hated Couch because he didn't find him attractive. Couch didn't have any kind of chance at success, btw, like Archie Manning did his first couple of eyars with the expansion Saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

wait.... you didn't even read what I posted, obviously.

It doesn't matter what you posted. But I did read it.  You said you "cared" about who we get in here, over above and beyond that person's ability to be a successful QB of this team.  As if there is some personal reason for your choice:    My point:  there should be no " caring". The ONLY thing I care about is having a successful QB.   I ONLY care about his personal life, habits, attitudes if and when it affects his on field performance.  Sure...if a guy is going to go OJ or Rae Carruth or Michael Vick on us...I care to the point that his action fuyucks things up for this team, because he will be suspended or in jail etc.   I CARE about what JMZ did because he became a fuyuck up....and it hurt this team, because in theory he could be the franchise QB we need.  But I didn't prejudge him.....I only judged him after he fuyucked things up for us and the Browns.  

Did whomever you care about  kill somebody?  commit animal abuse?   Domestic Violence?  Do anything that would keep him from taking the field for the Browns or playing up to his talents?  If not...then I don't care if he is a arsewipe, or a prick to be around, or if he is black, or Jewish, or Martian or purple polka dotted. 

I mean:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

 It isn't that - that is just sour grapes over being disagreed with. Allen, Darnold, Rudolph, even Jackson, Thorson and Lock (both staying in school, btw), even whatshisname from Penn State, and Benkert, before I would draft rosen.

There are many aspects to a qb to lead your team, far more than just completion percentage or sheply how pretty he looks, which is also stan's way of looking at them. Stan hated Couch because he didn't find him attractive. Couch didn't have any kind of chance at success, btw, like Archie Manning did his first couple of eyars with the expansion Saints.

I don't care if you are disagreed with. If Rosen turned out to be the second coming of Joe Montana, Otto Graham and Tom Brady....it seems that you would not want him.

So...clearly there is something deep seeded about him that you object to.

But...please don't bother trying to explain.....because:   I don't care!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×