THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen and Darnold declare for NFL Draft

Adoug319

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Interesting how you have two different standards at the poly board vs this one

☕️

Edited after Mark replied, I missed this other Cal gem...  Get it though your head Cal!!!   

Apparently it's OK for Cal to call Rosen: 

"blech. a hateful arrogant sombeithc mumbler, and a fumbler.

whatever." 

"can't coach up stupid arrogant asswholeness."

Maybe I'll have Zombo autocorrect Allen to "Bowlegged hick Cowboy". 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Apparently it's OK for Cal to call Rosen: 

"blech. a hateful arrogant sombeithc mumbler, and a fumbler.

whatever." 

Maybe I'll have Zombo autocorrect Allen to "Bowlegged hick Cowboy". 

You forgot inaccurate as a QB in a very weak conference.   56% in the Mountain West ain't gonna get it done at the next level.    He's a project at best.  Maybe you can get Zombo to put Cals love for Allen (and unhealthy level of hate for Rosen) and PoG (stalker level) love for Hogan and just combine them all in one place so it stops mucking up the board.

55 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

Don't sleep on his athleticism (Rosen). He was a highly ranked national tennis player before switching to football. Just because he is more of a pocket passer doesn't mean he can't scramble to keep plays alive. You can't be a great tennis player without having quick feet and good movement. 

Is there tape on this tennis savant? I was already a fan of rosen but if he spuns in a good kick 2nd serve i might be a sprung little bitch for him now. I mean such translateable skills right? Maybe someone should throw novak or nadal a football at the next u.s open, see what they got.

18 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

I read he had one if  the best backhands in d1 collegiate tennis. Solid resume builder for the nfl.   ☕️

& those California schools field some bad a$$ tennis teams. I won a couple letters on the collegiate level. Played one match against a guy who made it to the NCAA quarterfinals, and he hit serves at me the likes of which I had never seen before....  Of course I got smoked 6-0,6-0.  

9 minutes ago, Mark O said:

You forgot inaccurate as a QB in a very weak conference.   56% in the Mountain West ain't gonna get it done at the next level.    He's a project at best.  Maybe you can get Zombo to put Cals love for Allen (and unhealthy level of hate for Rosen) and PoG (stalker level) love for Hogan and just combine them all in one place so it stops mucking up the board.

I've already suggested to Cal that he start a Camp Allen thread, so we can keep the Allen love and Rosen hate in one place....   

Living in SoCal you'd think that Rosen being a hated, evil punk would simply litter the local sports news and would have done so for a long time..... but it doesn't and hasn't.

I'll just let the rumor mongers spread the facts. 

17 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wanna make a bet? A bottle on my Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva Rum vs. equal value of whatever you like. The bet is Josh Allen will not be anyone's winning starting QB in his career in any season he plays. 9-7 or better and you are rewarded, 8-8 is a push and anything less is my win whenever he leaves the league. You get all those season for him to do it even once as the starter. Being on the bench during wins will not count for you though, so that is my only advantage.

I am going to go get a bottle today, bro. I have long been a Zaya fan, and I don't know if it is just my taste buds or that the rum has changed since the ownership changed, but recent bottles have not seemed as smooth to me. Some say that the new version is sweeter but It doesn't strike me as so. I think it is a little less sweet and less smooth. It is still my favorite rum, but I am going to give yours a shot. I will let you know what I think.

38 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I've already suggested to Cal that he start a Camp Allen thread, so we can keep the Allen love and Rosen hate in one place....   

that was a good idea, til the rosen groupies are all over the place. And I never promised you a rose garden, shirley.

3 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I am going to go get a bottle today, bro. I have long been a Zaya fan, and I don't know if it is just my taste buds or that the rum has changed since the ownership changed, but recent bottles have not seemed as smooth to me. Some say that the new version is sweeter but It doesn't strike me as so. I think it is a little less sweet and less smooth. It is still my favorite rum, but I am going to give yours a shot. I will let you know what I think.

Taste 'em side by side. At some point I'll get the Zaya and try that test out. I've had a side conversation going with Hoorta with side by side tastes of Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva (don't get their lesser bottles they make), Plantation Barbados 20th Anniversary XO, Cartavio XO from Peru, El Dorado 12 year old, and another Venezuelan one Pampero Anniversario.

The Cartavio was a close second to the Diplomatico to my taste buds, but they are all very good except one other forgettable one which I used as a mixer and finished  off over Xmas. Don't even remember the name on that one.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

that was a good idea, til the rosen groupies are all over the place.

Keep a good thought, Princess...

9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Keep a good thought, Princess...

Not a Rosen Groupie by a long shot. I'll wait for the QB gurus to analyze the Big 4 and Little 1 (Rudolph). Right now I have Darnold ahead by a nose (like his accuracy, and more mobile than Rosen, heard he has an elongated windup though) Josh UCLA has raised durability concerns in my mind. I think you know my opinions about Mayfield. (uber competitive, crazy accurate, plenty mobile- but not quite the arm of the first two) also Josh Cowboy needs to be way more accurate before I'd be interested. 

It could get real interesting at the top of the draft. The Jets GM went on record if his qb is there he may want to move up. Assuming (and I think it's almost a forgone conclusion) we're taking a qb with the #1 overall, and almost as likely the Giants will take the qb we don't- The Colts #3 comes into play, and our #4. If the Broncos and Jets want to trade up.  I'd have no problem moving down to #5 or #6.  Just none of this trade down into the 20s again crap. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Not a Rosen Groupie by a long shot. I'll wait for the QB gurus to analyze the Big 4 and Little 1 (Rudolph). Right now I have Darnold ahead by a nose (like his accuracy, and more mobile than Rosen, heard he has an elongated windup though) Josh UCLA has raised durability concerns in my mind. I think you know my opinions about Mayfield. (uber competitive, crazy accurate, plenty mobile- but not quite the arm of the first two) also Josh Cowboy needs to be way more accurate before I'd be interested. 

It could get real interesting at the top of the draft. The Jets GM went on record if his qb is there he may want to move up. Assuming (and I think it's almost a forgone conclusion) we're taking a qb with the #1 overall, and almost as likely the Giants will take the qb we don't- The Colts #3 comes into play, and our #4. If the Broncos and Jets want to trade up.  I'd have no problem moving down to #5 or #6.  Just none of this trade down into the 20s again crap. 

In this draft, I get the feeling that we might be seen 3 QBs gone even with first three picks: Rosen-Mayfield-Darnold (idk the order). What other QBs could show up in the top 10? Lamar Jackson? Maybe another QB which in other circumstances wouldn't be a top 10?

I plan on doing a thread of teams looking for a QB. I think this year's is pretty long.

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

that was a good idea, til the rosen groupies are all over the place. And I never promised you a rose garden, shirley.

So, you're suggesting that you need a thread dedicated to Allen, free from detracting opinions? A...safe...space, if you will?

b062ecc9de2be752145b1aea10cf38a9.gif

So, you're suggesting that you need a thread dedicated to Allen, free from detracting opinions? A...safe...space, if you will? gee, tour, I didn't think you were a closet rosen groupie. go figure. Jblewass

Learn fo freaking read. I've been around here years, I never get upset about being disagreed with, unlike your sissy highness,it keeps the subject honest....have a nice day.

21 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

So, you're suggesting that you need a thread dedicated to Allen, free from detracting opinions? A...safe...space, if you will? gee, tour, I didn't think you were a closet rosen groupie. go figure. Jblewass

Learn fo freaking read. I've been around here years, I never get upset about being disagreed with, unlike your sissy highness,it keeps the subject honest....have a nice day.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

gee, tour, I didn't think you were a closet rosen groupie. go figure. Jblewass

Slipping replies into your quotes of others, princess?

Completely nonsensical ones at that...

Weren't you just saying Wyoming's coach was the same guy who developed Wentz? Cal, it's a level playing field.  Tour

touche, el toure. lol. I went and was typing too fast again, actually was posting while reading another post.

"der"

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Weren't you just saying Wyoming's coach was the same guy who developed Wentz? Cal, it's a level playing field.  Tour

touche, el toure. lol. I went and was typing too fast again, actually was posting while reading another post. "der"

Ummm... that wasn't me again...

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Ummm... that wasn't me again...

That was the #1 Allen basher on the board, (guess who?) followed closely by Ag & Mark....  

I'm bad at limericks but continue... 

There was  a young Cowboy from Laramie

Who seriously scares me.

He throws a pass with gas

hits receivers in the a$$

and is going to nowhere- a- mie. 

Damn, besides resident wino, can I be the Board's Poet Laureate? 

On 1/4/2018 at 1:55 PM, D Bone said:

Living in SoCal you'd think that Rosen being a hated, evil punk would simply litter the local sports news and would have done so for a long time..... but it doesn't and hasn't.

I'll just let the rumor mongers spread the facts. 

Certainly was all over it while I was there for a week. All his fans who were in his stadium watching his game were trashing him. But I know we’re just dismissing all that now since were probably picking him. 

27 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Certainly was all over it while I was there for a week. All his fans who were in his stadium watching his game were trashing him. But I know we’re just dismissing all that now since were probably picking him. 

Guess we get our news from different sources...... and for what it's worth, I've seen every snap of Rosen and do not want the Browns to draft him. 

I have serious concerns about how much the kid really loves football. There were many a game where it looked like he was 'just out there, going through the motions'. That combined with his injury concerns is enough of a red flag for me that I wouldn't touch him...... and I like the dude. 

Archived