THE BROWNS BOARD

Rosen and Darnold declare for NFL Draft

Adoug319

draft the hateful arrogant uncoachable cancer in community and lockerroom controversy sombeitch from UCLA. I do like Darnold - he isn't off the list. If you plan on starting him sooner than later, you might pick Darnold. His fumbling just seems inherent in who he is. He's had time to fix that. That isn't a matter of the system or anything.

Allen is the only one of the three that showed he can play in a pro style offense. It just doesn't lend itself to real high stats, since he doesn't have a bigtime college competitive team around him.

34 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

blech. a hateful arrogant sombeithc mumbler, and a fumbler.

whatever.

Josh Allen is the qb to draft first.

Wanna make a bet? A bottle on my Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva Rum vs. equal value of whatever you like. The bet is Josh Allen will not be anyone's winning starting QB in his career in any season he plays. 9-7 or better and you are rewarded, 8-8 is a push and anything less is my win whenever he leaves the league. You get all those season for him to do it even once as the starter. Being on the bench during wins will not count for you though, so that is my only advantage.

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wanna make a bet? A bottle on my Diplomatico Reserva Exclusiva Rum vs. equal value of whatever you like. The bet is Josh Allen will not be anyone's winning starting QB in his career in any season he plays. 9-7 or better and you are rewarded, 8-8 is a push and anything less is my win whenever he leaves the league. You get all those season for him to do it even once as the starter. Being on the bench during wins will not count for you though, so that is my only advantage.

Unless the quarterback and question is Bernie Kosar... 

;)

WSS

22 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't drink and I don't bet much more than a dollar or two. See my bowl mania picks as to why. Discretion is the better part of valor.

I'm not too thrilled with any of them either.

Kevin Hogan is still the best of the bunch. 

Hopefully some frigid lake eerie water will wake Hue up. 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

draft the hateful arrogant uncoachable cancer in community and lockerroom controversy sombeitch from UCLA. I do like Darnold - he isn't off the list. If you plan on starting him sooner than later, you might pick Darnold. His fumbling just seems inherent in who he is. He's had time to fix that. That isn't a matter of the system or anything.

Allen is the only one of the three that showed he can play in a pro style offense. It just doesn't lend itself to real high stats, since he doesn't have a bigtime college competitive team around him.

I'll say this once nicely Cal, and I mentioned it already in the Who's #1 thread. You're getting over the top with your Rosen hatred. Tone it back or I'm going to start deleting it. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't drink and I don't bet much more than a dollar or two. See my bowl mania picks as to why. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Fair enough cal. We can make it a gentlemen's bet for nothing then.:)

33 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm not too thrilled with any of them either.

Kevin Hogan is still the best of the bunch. 

Hopefully some frigid lake eerie water will wake Hue up. 

Hogan best of the bunch? LOL!! You need a brisk swim in the Lake to wake up. Almost no chance Hogan will even be on the roster next year- and whatever are you going to do? 

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Hogan best of the bunch? LOL!! You need a brisk swim in the Lake to wake up. Almost no chance Hogan will even be on the roster next year- and whatever are you going to do? 

He'll switch to Dayes hopefully.:P

I too find it hard to get excited about any of this group of qbs.  I am impressed with Rosen and think he has best chance to be a star in the league.  It breaks my heart what he said about not wanting to play in Cleveland.  I can understand a kid from so cal though, being intimidated to have to move to the cold NE.  I sure wouldn't have as a kid from L.A.  Right now I rank them like this:

Rosen, seems so slick and smooth

Allen, has such a huge upside with right coach and patience.  With wrong team it could be a disaster for the kid.

Darnold, I keep trying to see what others see in him.  Guess I am just not expert enough to evaluate him so highly.

Mayfield, I don't even like looking at him.  Just gives me the creeps.  Something just doesn't seem right there.

Rudolph, could end up having the longest career of all of them.

Jackson, Would be most fun to watch if he can cut it as a nfl qb.

3 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

How can anyone watch his game vs usc  and think "no,  no way I want a qb like that here" 

I just don't get it 

uh huh. We're just literally in the twilight zone here in Cleveland. Years of losing has made some of these old dotards lost their ever loving minds. 

1 hour ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

Mayfield, I don't even like looking at him.  Just gives me the creeps.  Something just doesn't seem right there.

Lmao, great analysis there, bud

I'm on board with Mayfield or Allen.

Rosen wouldn't want to play for the Browns, and I bet he'd Elway his way to the Giants.

D'Arnold looks like Dwight from the office and fails under pressure.

Pick all of them and let them compete.                                                                                                                                                                 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll say this once nicely Cal, and I mentioned it already in the Who's #1 thread. You're getting over the top with your Rosen hatred. Tone it back or I'm going to start deleting it. 

sure thing, sissy liberal stanley, who logged in as you, apparently. (don't think it was zombo).

ADVICE: DON"T DISH IT OUT IF YOU DON"T WANT IT BACK>GROW UP, whoever this actually was.

7 hours ago, SissyBoyFloyd said:

I too find it hard to get excited about any of this group of qbs.  I am impressed with Rosen and think he has best chance to be a star in the league.  It breaks my heart what he said about not wanting to play in Cleveland.  I can understand a kid from so cal though, being intimidated to have to move to the cold NE.  I sure wouldn't have as a kid from L.A.  Right now I rank them like this:

Rosen, seems so slick and smooth

Allen, has such a huge upside with right coach and patience.  With wrong team it could be a disaster for the kid.

Darnold, I keep trying to see what others see in him.  Guess I am just not expert enough to evaluate him so highly.

Rudolph, could end up having the longest career of all of them.

Jackson, Would be most fun to watch if he can cut it as a nfl qb.

Dang, I suspected you were ole Sheply come back, at first....but then I agreed with your qb appraisal, so, sorry, my bad...you ain't him.

Good ranking.:) (based strictly on football pocket passer ability maybe)

Listen, if you go back the past 4 or 5 years all you will see is "this QB class is weak..."

The reality is quite a few good QBs have come out. The hard part is evaluating how these QBs in today's college game will translate to the NFL. Very fee college systems are pro style, so there is tons of "projecting" that needs to happen.  Hopefully, we have the guys now that are able to do that...

1. Darnold has the best accuracy of the top 3 candidates. Nice quick reads and throws well at all 3 levels. He has decent mobility and throws well on the run. His footwork needs to get better and he seems to be little nervous about climbing the pocket. I see a ot of Aaron Rodgers in his game.

2. Josh Allen is very raw. He has a crazy strong arm but he throws like a pitcher. He maybe 6'4-6'5 but he drops down to about 6 foot when he throws a ot of times. His throwing motion reminds me of a baseball pitcher. His accuracy is hit or miss but it maybe correctable with a better throwing motion. He is a flame thrower and needs to show more touch. He is big bodied and isn' afraid of contact. He has good straight line speed but he won't make anyone miss in the nfl which may land him on IR if he doesn't learn to get down. Hard to compare him to anyone but I see a more polished version of Kizer.

3. Josh Rosen has the best fundamentals. He has the best all around game as of now, but he is limited athletically. The personality issues are a red flag but the real concern is his injury history. He can't help the team if he's not on the field. I think he's Jay Cutler mixed with Peyton manning legs and Sam bradfords toughness. He scares me but he is a solid passer.

29 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

1. Darnold has the best accuracy of the top 3 candidates. Nice quick reads and throws well at all 3 levels. He has decent mobility and throws well on the run. His footwork needs to get better and he seems to be little nervous about climbing the pocket. I see a ot of Aaron Rodgers in his game.

2. Josh Allen is very raw. He has a crazy strong arm but he throws like a pitcher. He maybe 6'4-6'5 but he drops down to about 6 foot when he throws a ot of times. His throwing motion reminds me of a baseball pitcher. His accuracy is hit or miss but it maybe correctable with a better throwing motion. He is a flame thrower and needs to show more touch. He is big bodied and isn' afraid of contact. He has good straight line speed but he won't make anyone miss in the nfl which may land him on IR if he doesn't learn to get down. Hard to compare him to anyone but I see a more polished version of Kizer.

3. Josh Rosen has the best fundamentals. He has the best all around game as of now, but he is limited athletically. The personality issues are a red flag but the real concern is his injury history. He can't help the team if he's not on the field. I think he's Jay Cutler mixed with Peyton manning legs and Sam bradfords toughness. He scares me but he is a solid passer.

Don't sleep on his athleticism (Rosen). He was a highly ranked national tennis player before switching to football. Just because he is more of a pocket passer doesn't mean he can't scramble to keep plays alive. You can't be a great tennis player without having quick feet and good movement. 

16 minutes ago, syd said:

Darnold got killed in the cotton bowl against a very good defense and crappy line play so anyone making a decision on that one game is foolish if anything i would be interested in is his hand size 

Jameis Winston got killed in the Rose Bowl a few years back and still went #1 overall.   No team is going to base it's entire decision on one game.  

Archived