THE BROWNS BOARD

Mark Your Calendar... Here Are the Key 2018 Dates

Tour2ma

Here’s a look at the major 2018 events to know.

Jan. 15 - Deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2017 Draft. An official list of these players is released four days later.

Jan. 20 - East-West Shrine Game (St. Petersburg, Florida) and NFLPA Collegiate Bowl (Pasadena, California)

Jan. 23-27 - Senior Bowl practices begin in Mobile, Alabama, with the game happening at the end of the week.

Jan. 28 - NFL Pro Bowl (Orlando)

Feb. 4 - Super Bowl LII (Minneapolis)

Feb. 5 - Waiver system fires back up for 2018.

Feb. 20 - First day for teams to designate Franchise or Transition players

Feb. 27-March 5 - NFL Scouting Combine (Indianapolis)

March 6 - Deadline for teams to designate Franchise or Transition players

March 12-14 - Teams are permitted to contact and negotiate contracts with agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents at the start of the new league year. The contract can’t be finalized until the start of the league year.

March 14 - The 2018 league year begins at 4 p.m. EST, thus opening free agency.

March 25-28 - Annual league meeting (Orlando)

April 2 - Teams that hired a new head coach are permitted to begin offseason workouts.

April 16 - Teams with returning head coaches are permitted to begin offseason workouts.

April 26-28 - 2018 NFL Draft (Arlington, Texas)

May 4-7 or 11-14 - Teams are permitted to hold one, three-day minicamp with drafted, signed or tryout rookies.

July 16 - Deadline for players who received Franchise Player designation to sign a multi-year contract or extension.

I have to add- I was wrong about who gets to coach the Senior Bowl. I assumed (wrongly) the teams with the worst records got the honors. Not the case. This year it's the Texans and Broncos.   

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I have to add- I was wrong about who gets to coach the Senior Bowl. I assumed (wrongly) the teams with the worst records got the honors. Not the case. This year it's the Texans and Broncos.   

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/hue_jackson_passes_on_a_chance.html

Huey Cueball passed on the opportunity.

ALSO THE MLB IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2018, GO TRIBE! 

Important Dates

• Jan. 12, 2018
    Deadline to exchange salary arbitration figures
  • Jan. 24, 2018
    Hall of Fame ballot results announced (MLB Network, 6 p.m. ET)
  • March 29, 2018
    Opening Day
  • April 15, 2018
    Jackie Robinson Day
  • April 17-18, 2018
    Twins vs. Indians at Hiram Bithorn Stadium in San Juan, Puerto Rico
  • May 4-6, 2018
    Dodgers vs. Padres in Monterrey, Mexico
  • May 13, 2018
    Mother's Day events, all host ballparks
  • June 4-6, 2018
    2018 MLB Draft
  • June 17, 2018
    Father's Day events, all host ballparks
  • July 13-17, 2018
    All-Star Week
  • July 17, 2018
    89th All-Star Game, Nationals Park
  • July 29, 2018
    Hall of Fame enshrinement

Ceremonies & Celebrations

• Jan. 28, 2018
    95th annual BBWAA Dinner, Sheraton, New York Info »
  • Feb. 6, 2018
    38th Annual Thurman Munson Awards Dinner, Grand Hyatt, New York More »
  • March 5, 2018
    Jackie Robinson Foundation Gala, Marriott Marquis, New York More »

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

mod's can we pin this? maybe move baseball to tribe? thanks either way

Why don't you copy and paste it to the Tribe forum? .. :)  I can only merge and move threads, not individual posts.  

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

mod's can we pin this? maybe move baseball to tribe? thanks either way

Well in the interest of Cleveland sports fans everywhere I put it up here AND on the TRIBE Board also, nothing we like more than the BROWNS next draft and the INDIANS opening day!

Hey the Indians also play some regular season games in Puerto Rico this year. ......how about that! 

18 hours ago, Mark O said:

Yea....basically it says that Hue was just too completely disorganized to be able to competently handle the duties of the Senior Bowl. 

Though...I admit that "significant changes" should likely be forthcoming to the staff.  We do need more better competent coaches in here to attempt to make up for the deficiencies of the HC.  An OC.....a new ST coach, after this year miserable performance.   STs likely lost 3 games alone.  And who knows who else.

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

mod's can we pin this? maybe move baseball to tribe?

+1 on the pin.

Just Delete the Tribe post.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

+1 on the pin.

Just Delete the Tribe post.

What? Not even a footnote or something?  :mellow:

Wow, Hue declines to coach in the Senior Bowl... his ONLY chance to coach in any kind of bowl and he passes it up so he can "go on vacation"... what a hoe.

• 2 weeks later...

Final list of underclassmen approved by the NFL to enter the Draft is out.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908163/article/list-of-underclassmen-granted-eligibility-for-2018-nfl-draft

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Isn't he a bit on the small side?

Walter's has him ranked #2.Love is the same 5'11 as Hunt,McCaffery,Kamara or Penny. My bummer is I watched Love play HS ball at Wake Forest HS in Raleigh,NC. As most Carolina HS backs such as Chris Johnson,Todd Gurley they fly at track speed.Bryce Love was a USA track & field youth athlete of the year in 09..As both C. Johnson(in prime) & Gurley..when they miss? your reading his back number getting smaller in chase. your not catching them..guess am watching more late night Stanford games:o  

On 1/4/2018 at 11:02 PM, PoeticG said:

Wow, Hue declines to coach in the Senior Bowl... his ONLY chance to coach in any kind of bowl and he passes it up so he can "go on vacation"... what a hoe.

What, is he afraid of another loss on his record? :lol:

........sorry I couldn't resist on that one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, Tour2ma said:

Jan. 15 - Deadline for underclassmen to declare for the 2017 Draft. An official list of these players is released four days later.

Jan. 20 - East-West Shrine Game (St. Petersburg, Florida) and NFLPA Collegiate Bowl (Pasadena, California)

Jan. 23-27 - Senior Bowl practices begin in Mobile, Alabama, with the game happening at the end of the week.

March 12-14 - Teams are permitted to contact and negotiate contracts with agents of players who will become unrestricted free agents at the start of the new league year. The contract can’t be finalized until the start of the league year.

April 2 - Teams that hired a new head coach are permitted to begin offseason workouts.

April 16 - Teams with returning head coaches are permitted to begin offseason workouts.

May 4-7 or 11-14 - Teams are permitted to hold one, three-day minicamp with drafted, signed or tryout rookies.

July 16 - Deadline for players who received Franchise Player designation to sign a multi-year contract or extension.

About time for this to get busy again.

• Zombo pinned this topic
On 1/4/2018 at 8:47 AM, mjp28 said:

Well in the interest of Cleveland sports fans everywhere I put it up here AND on the TRIBE Board also, nothing we like more than the BROWNS next draft and the INDIANS opening day!

Hey the Indians also play some regular season games in Puerto Rico this year. ......how about that! 

Why stop there? Regular season BB is so exciting, take it down to Santiago Chile, or Vladivostok Russia. the 50 people in Nome would surely watch a game when they aren't occupied whale fishing would gladly appreciate the attention...  

On 1/5/2018 at 11:36 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

It isn't easy coaching to 1-31 in  two years.  

You have to work hard at it....  

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2018 at 6:49 PM, Tour2ma said:

Not noted on here:  When they release the schedule.   Anyone know when that will be?

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Not noted on here:  When they release the schedule.   Anyone know when that will be?

Usually around mid April but they don't announce the actual date till it gets closer but typically before the draft.    I've already got my Cleveland trip weekends picked out regardless of the Browns schedule.

15 hours ago, Mark O said:

Usually around mid April but they don't announce the actual date till it gets closer but typically before the draft.    I've already got my Cleveland trip weekends picked out regardless of the Browns schedule.

No Southern Cal trip this year.   Closest to you would be Oakland.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

No Southern Cal trip this year.   Closest to you would be Oakland.

And that's not exactly "close".  But would be a good opportunity to see one of the last NFL games in Oakland so there's that.

I'll be in Cleveland in September this year.  Hopefully the schedule works out so there's a Browns game in the plans but I'm coming  back to make my first ever trip to Columbus and the horseshoe to see OSU play in person for the first time in my life.

Pro Days Today(22nd)--ND,Ohio State,San Diego State.Stanford....23rd(Fri.)--Michigan,Wyoming....26th-Iowa....27th-Texas A&M./// Edit--last rounds of Pro Days coming up? 28th-Florida,Maryland,Miss.St,Texas,Marcus Davenport...29th--Louisville,SMU,UCF(S.Griffin),Kyzir White...30th--Joe Noteboom,Mike White...4-4-18-LSU

I'm in on Tampa, New Orleans and one game in Cleveland TBD (Warm Weather)

I will challenge Ghoolie to fisticuffs at the New Orleans location, because his fat ass can just float down the river from Memphis to there.

Zombo

Archived