THE BROWNS BOARD

Its as simple as 1,2,3

The Gipper

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

dude every team wants that but it's not that easy as going to the local NFL Walmart and picking them up.  If I could buy the winning powerball ticket I would but sadly you walk in purchase the numbers and hope it works out.  There is a science to the NFL but some of it is unknown.  Mike Holmgren has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know and he did very little to improve this franchise.

Hello! McFly! Is anybody home?   No Shite Sherlock.  The point is...yes...it is could in  essence be as simple as going to the NFL Walmart and picking them up.   On the QB front...it is called drafting the right guy.  The Browns have the #1 pick....and if they get a guy like some previous #1 picks....then it is a great thing.    If an Elway, Peyton, Bradshaw, Aikman, Luck etc. is out there....you just pick him off the shelf of the draft. 

And EVERY successful NFL HC started out as some kind of an assistant coach  (except maybe Paul Brown)....So, you just have to pick the right guy.   Yes...it is hard finding that combination of coach/QB....but it can and has been done....even by this team.  Marty/Bernie was a pretty good combo....and we don't even have to mention Otto/PB.

So...the process IS simple.....its just so very hard to actually pick the ripe fruit off the grocery shelf.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Hello! McFly! Is anybody home?   No Shite Sherlock.  The point is...yes...it is could in  essence be as simple as going to the NFL Walmart and picking them up.   On the QB front...it is called drafting the right guy.  The Browns have the #1 pick....and if they get a guy like some previous #1 picks....then it is a great thing.    If an Elway, Peyton, Bradshaw, Aikman, Luck etc. is out there....you just pick him off the shelf of the draft. 

And EVERY successful NFL HC started out as some kind of an assistant coach  (except maybe Paul Brown)....So, you just have to pick the right guy.   Yes...it is hard finding that combination of coach/QB....but it can and has been done....even by this team.  Marty/Bernie was a pretty good combo....and we don't even have to mention Otto/PB.

So...the process IS simple.....its just so very hard to actually pick the ripe fruit off the grocery shelf.

Just google first round QBs and do the math.  And while you're at it want you dig up the old threads where you're trashing Kyle Shananhan, ya know the coordinator turned HC who won his last 5 games now that he has a QB.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:57 PM, BaconHound said:

Just google first round QBs and do the math.  And while you're at it want you dig up the old threads where you're trashing Kyle Shananhan, ya know the coordinator turned HC who won his last 5 games now that he has a QB.

I trashed Kyle Shanahan because he came out being a punk woos....not for much else.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:45 PM, The Gipper said:

Oh our resident barrister, making life well Its as simple as 1,2,3..... .

.....(oh you forgot the apostrophe on the it's) :lol:

17 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I trashed Kyle Shanahan because he came out being a punk woos....not for much else.

Let's take bets on how long it takes him to get Jimmy G hurt in a designed run option play. I say before game 8 he goes at least on concussion protocol.

On 1/4/2018 at 12:28 PM, The Gipper said:

I think Tomlin IS a fairly disciplined HC. He does not make stupid mistakes. He is effective...if not awe inspiring..

Tomlin tripped an opposing during play, has an assistant who pulled an opposing players braids and another assistant who got his hip injured in a bar altercation, a player who injured himself after numerous and repeated strikes with the crown of his helmet, players who clown like a minstrel show after every score....I could go on but you should get the point.

Minus Big Ben its been shown Steelers are ordinary with Tomlin.

1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Tomlin tripped an opposing during play, has an assistant who pulled an opposing players braids and another assistant who got his hip injured in a bar altercation, a player who injured himself after numerous and repeated strikes with the crown of his helmet, players who clown like a minstrel show after every score....I could go on but you should get the point.

Minus Big Ben its been shown Steelers are ordinary with Tomlin.

I more or less agree with that.    But then I have said that without Brady, BB would basically be above average.  That does not mean that Tomlin is not a good coach. 

But, the fact is....beyond having a franchise HOF type QB....coaching IS the next most important factor in a successful NFL team.   What do yo think Don Shula...or Vince Lombardi, or Tom Landry or Joe Gibbs could do with this team?  

And I postulated that if you gave the Browns Tomlin and BR....and gave the Steelers Jackson and Kizer......what would the difference in the teams be?   Some dumbass Steeler fans think that the Steelers would still be just as good....which just goes to show how palpably stupid Steeler fans are. 

Archived