THE BROWNS BOARD

Alonzo Highsmith - VP of Football Operations

sdballis

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Which social situations do you think he would be in where that would be an impediment?  He makes regular appearances on TV now on one of the Browns pre/post game shows.   Do you think that it would be an impediment to him holding a consultancy position with the Browns to advise them on QB prospects?  I don't. 

Well that is where the alcoholism steps in...

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Nah, the guy who is a former Browns QB and has a life long struggle with being a boozehound.

Not a factor...at all, even if true....which it certainly may not be...in his ability to evaluate a potential QB prospect.   Again, even if true...it does not prevent him from appearing on TV or from making cogent, insightful comments on there.

7 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Alcoholism and brain trauma wouldn’t make him bad at critically thinking and analyzing information?

No, not necessarily....in chronic or extreme cases it could.   But have you seen him on TV?  He is perfectly capable of critical thinking and analyzing information. Or have you not paid attention because you are in your own stupor of some cause or other?

I mean...or maybe is just another Youngstown arsehole.   We have a few of those on this board.  Do you believe they are not capable of critical thinking and being analytical?       (Ghoolie begs you not to answer that question).

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If you share confidences with people you do not know, then I feel safe in saying you are the clueless one.

Bernie's assessment commentary also got him kicked off broadcasts. Critiquing a pro's play is not the same as projecting a collegian's prospects at the next level.

It was not for his assessment. It was the symptoms of his injuries that got him canned. He still does spot on assessments. On the radio for The Cleveland Browns Radio Network.

What's your point?

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, Zombo said:

33407-28Fr.jpg

He didn't get past Minni ... Hope he's better at picking players than he was at picking holes.

Zombo

Was Highsmith the player Houston drafted after passing on their original pick?

I remember how giddy Schottenheimer, fans, etc. were as the Browns rushed up in front of Houston to draft..................................Clifton Carlton.

18 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Gip, it was a passing joke. I was unaware that it would trigger your Aspbergers. I will make sure to put an asterisk so you know next time. 

Maybe you meant it as a joke....but such things have been said many other times that were not meant in jest.  

And, on this board, the proper protocol for putting something in as a joke is to put it in PINK....not by using an asterisk.:P

4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

He's answered that question many times. He's a Homer. No more, no less.

By that I assume you mean that Bernie has answered the question many times to the effect that he is a Homer. Yes, he wants to be here, not elsewhere. 

I suspect though that he could offer his services around as a specialty in evaluating QBs.  I suspect he could do that and get some interest in his opinion from other teams. 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

By that I assume you mean that Bernie has answered the question many times to the effect that he is a Homer. Yes, he wants to be here, not elsewhere. 

I suspect though that he could offer his services around as a specialty in evaluating QBs.  I suspect he could do that and get some interest in his opinion from other teams. 

The only thing I can say for sure is that he's a homer and he's had some pretty serious family issues.  

I've listened to most of his pregame shows this past season and thought they were pretty insightful. Hell, he's had more football sense knocked out of him than the Haslam's will ever know. I kinda think Bernie's being pretty smart staying insulated from this bullshyt brand of football going on now.

52 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The only thing I can say for sure is that he's a homer and he's had some pretty serious family issues.  

I've listened to most of his pregame shows this past season and thought they were pretty insightful. Hell, he's had more football sense knocked out of him than the Haslam's will ever know. I kinda think Bernie's being pretty smart staying insulated from this bullshyt brand of football going on now.

Remember, he was, I believe the CEO of the Cleveland Gladiators   Arena League team.

10 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It was not for his assessment. It was the symptoms of his injuries that got him canned. He still does spot on assessments. On the radio for The Cleveland Browns Radio Network.

What's your point?

My points for those keeping score were:

• Dorsey doesn't know Bernie so he should not trust him to keep any disagreement over the QB position in confidence.
  • Bernie got canned for going overboard in his comments about "having to suffer watching Kellen Clemons" in a 2013 preseason game.

Bernie claimed it was concussion related; the GM of WKYC said that was not the case.

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/bernie-kosar-claims-concussions-prompted-firing-from-broadcast-job-not-the-stuff-he-said-last-year-about-the-rams/

21 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

• Dorsey doesn't know Bernie so he should not trust him to keep any disagreement over the QB position in confidence.
  • Fair enough as far as Dorsey is concerned. But, again....my initial statement was the Highsmith may know him very well..and may trust him..and may influence Dorsey in this regard of getting it right at the QB position by bringing in a know quality analyst of that position..which I think Bernie may be.
  • Bernie got canned for going overboard in his comments about "having to suffer watching Kellen Clemons" in a 2013 preseason game.
  • Well...I guess they could say that he went "overboard"...or on the other hand you can say that he was being "brutally honest"..which I think he was.  Something that is rare in broadcasting.  I guess the point is that brutal honesty is considered going overboard in broadcasting.......but such a thing is NOT an impediment to giving his opinion when advising about a draft prospect to a team GM. I think that brutal honesty is what you would want.  I wish someone had said to Sashi last year that it causes suffering to watch DeShone Kizer throw Ints and fumble every third play. 

Bernie claimed it was concussion related; the GM of WKYC said that was not the case.

Well...I don't think it was concussion related. I don't know why BK felt he had to say that, other than to try to keep his job there.  I think BK should have just stood tall and said "I was giving my brutal honest opinion"....and I guess if the GM of WKYC doesn't like the truth to be told on his network, then I guess it is best we part. 

h

On 1/4/2018 at 1:07 PM, The Gipper said:

Kosar continues to deal with the lingering effects of several concussions he sustained during his playing career and is currently in a treatment program to alleviate his symptoms.[19] The experimental treatment has been very helpful for Kosar, to the point where he has openly promoted the treatment in the hopes of helping other players who may have developed the symptoms of chronic traumatic encephalopathy.[20] Kosar's symptoms have included insomnia, slurred speech and a ringing in his head, some present for more than a decade.[21]

Bernie Kosar is a fukcking Drunk. He doesn't suffer from head trauma, he suffers from being a failure and a dumb butt.

Hes "Head Trauma" doctor is a quack named Marvin "Rick" Sponaugle who is MOST KNOWN for running a DETOX center. I can see it now, The EMT turns to a terrified Mother and says............."your son ran his motorcycle into a truck and has sustained severe head injuries, we are life flighting him to the Sponaugle Detox Center"

Kosar is a fukcing drunk, and a bufoon..... THAT'S WHY nobody seeks him out. HE IS A FUKCING DRUNK.

http://floridadetox.com/dr-sponaugle/

Now, maybe the fuktard is a good detox doctor...but he has no training, accomplishment or skills in the area of head trauma.

HERE IS THE REAL STORY.................Kosar went to see this assfuk for detox. Sponaugle realizes there is big money in NFL head injuries, sees Kosar as the poster boy for punch drunk NFL QBs....and VOILA.......................Sponaugle becomes the world's expert on NFL head trauma.

Give me a fahking break already.

HERE................Sponaugle the great................

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/marvin-sponaugle/palm-harbor-florida-34684/marvin-sponaugle-rick-sponaugle-charged-me-15000-for-an-opiate-detox-withheld-informati-706794

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

https://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/bernie-kosar-claims-concussions-prompted-firing-from-broadcast-job-not-the-stuff-he-said-last-year-about-the-rams/

The thing is, Bernie is giving commentary on WTAM Browns pregame show. That is the flagship station of the Browns and has to abide by Browns and NFL rules. So that makes WTAM an employee of the Browns at certain times. Like when Kosar gives his pregame. Is he working for free? 

16 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Bernie Kosar is a fukcking Drunk. He doesn't suffer from head trauma, he suffers from being a failure and a dumb butt.

Hes "Head Trauma" doctor is a quack named Marvin "Rick" Sponaugle who is MOST KNOWN for running a DETOX center. I can see it now, The EMT turns to a terrified Mother and says............."your son ran his motorcycle into a truck and has sustained severe head injuries, we are life flighting him to the Sponaugle Detox Center"

Kosar is a fukcing drunk, and a bufoon..... THAT'S WHY nobody seeks him out. HE IS A FUKCING DRUNK.

http://floridadetox.com/dr-sponaugle/

Now, maybe the fuktard is a good detox doctor...but he has no training, accomplishment or skills in the area of head trauma.

HERE IS THE REAL STORY.................Kosar went to see this assfuk for detox. Sponaugle realizes there is big money in NFL head injuries, sees Kosar as the poster boy for punch drunk NFL QBs....and VOILA.......................Sponaugle becomes the world's expert on NFL head trauma.

Give me a fahking break already.

HERE................Sponaugle the great................

https://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/marvin-sponaugle/palm-harbor-florida-34684/marvin-sponaugle-rick-sponaugle-charged-me-15000-for-an-opiate-detox-withheld-informati-706794

You should likely know.   Everything you say on here sounds like you are a fuyucking drunk.

Archived