THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 opponents announced

LondonBrown

Looks like a perfect 16-0 season next year. 

Worst to first. It's happening. 

20 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I always wanted to go to Tampa Bay and have a few brews on that ship. I'm in, unless its a Sept or Oct game.

already planning for it along with Houston and Saints

3 hours ago, Richiswhere said:

we sure do play the Charges alot

It's kind of weird, even with the advent of the rotation schedule, how little we've played certain teams. 

The Dolphins for instance, we've played them less than any other AFC foe. Only 17 meetings all time, and two of those were playoff games. They don't finish 4th a lot I suppose. We've actually played them less than the Saints.

4 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I always wanted to go to Tampa Bay and have a few brews on that ship. I'm in, unless its a Sept or Oct game.

If you weren't kidding they definitely do not let you on that ship at any time sadly. Have some family that are even ticket holders and it's a very strict no. Tampa is beautiful though and it's a great stadium.

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

If you weren't kidding they definitely do not let you on that ship at any time sadly. Have some family that are even ticket holders and it's a very strict no. Tampa is beautiful though and it's a great stadium.

well except if you wanna go to the beach cause Clearwater sucks go to sarasota

Wife and I have a lifelong friend who owns a place near Venice, Fla. May have to make a visit with her of and see wife's sister and another friend in Jacksonville. Anyone know what tickets might cost to see Browns/Bucs in Tampa?

33 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Ok, I didn't know you weren't allowed on it. Won't stop us if the timing is right on the game date.

Geezus... the AFCW and the NFCS?

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Wife and I have a lifelong friend who owns a place near Venice, Fla. May have to make a visit with her of and see wife's sister and another friend in Jacksonville. Anyone know what tickets might cost to see Browns/Bucs in Tampa?

Z's Naples crew heads to Tampa whenever the Browns play there. Should be able to hook you up. Depending on the date I might be up for that one as well.

Houston will be a slam dunk again... NOLA needs to be in the running as well. Been a while since I walked Bourbon St.

9 hours ago, Bob806 said:

May be a road trip. Zombo will be in for sure...   

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Shouldn't be too hateful Bill. If you want to make the trip- for sure let me know. My fellow season ticket holders son lives in Bellaire- with an open invite to come down anytime, Allegeant has cheapo nonstops from Dayton to Tampa. PLUS my fellow dear wine\booze aficionado, if you've never been. Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa https://www.bernssteakhouse.com/ has to be on your bucket list. Not only are the steaks fabulous cut to order, they feature the biggest wine list in the world. Not kidding, looks like a telephone book. Start with 150+ wines by the glass,  you can go from reasonable $20-30 buck a bottle stuff, anywhere in between- and if you really want to splurge well into the 4 figures, they have (or had) a magnum of 1945 Domaine Romanee Conti, and a double mag of 1837 Chateau Latour. The working wine cellar has more square footage than my house. 

2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Geezus... the AFCW and the NFCS?

Z's Naples crew heads to Tampa whenever the Browns play there. Should be able to hook you up. Depending on the date I might be up for that one as well.

Houston will be a slam dunk again... NOLA needs to be in the running as well. Been a while since I walked Bourbon St.

I'll come down- if you promise not to get the relatives involved..  :D

Tour-It's a tough decision. I'm not sure I can sell her Tampa unless we stay a couple of weeks, one with our friend and one with wife's sister. I hate NO. It brings out the worst of my Vietnam survival antenna, but my totally oblivious wife would love to go back. She would not recognize danger if she was looking down the barrel of a .357. Houston is a possibility unless there is another hurricane lurking out there. That would apply to all 3 really.

Larry-I never drink and drive and I notoriously bitch about the way overpriced wines in restaurants that are usually 3Xs or more what I can get and take home from Specs or Total Wine. My wife won't even let me look at a wine list because the calculator automatically kicks into gear. So she then proceeds to order a Brandy Alexander with me always telling her I can take her to Shakes for a chocolate malt for 1/4 the price. It's an SOP joke between us because she knows I won't drink and drive nor pay the ridiculous restaurant price anyway if she took the wheel as DD. Every now and then I will order a beer because it's cheaper than her Alexander which she won't drink and drive with either. :D

On 1/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, Bob806 said:

Ok, I didn't know you weren't allowed on it. Won't stop us if the timing is right on the game date.

Sure, no problem. I only mention it because there were kids and the like whose families seemed to attend a game with that idea in mind. Tampa is definitely a great little area though, especially if you are into craft beers. I'll most certainly be at the game!

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think I had just posted a thread on this like a week or so ago, no?

Most interesting potential "road trips" for me include Saints, Broncos, Oakland (though...I am going to be near Oakland in April...Napa Valley)

Expect to pay a premium for Broncos tickets. People inherit the rights to season tickets there.

On 1/1/2018 at 4:26 PM, Orion said:

...looks like another zero win season.

Not exactly an easy ride for the Brownies except for a very few, but oh the excitement of a new season! :):(

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Not exactly an easy ride for the Brownies except for a very few, but oh the excitement of a new season! :):(

You are aware of course that the "Easy Riders" were killed after they left NO.:P

Archived