Sign in to follow this  
cdl15

Camp Barkley and Sutton

I like Barkley but he has some serious flags. He plays a little out of control and jumps a lot which could lead to turnovers in the nfl. Plus most of the games I've seen him play in he has taken all of his handoffs out of the shotgun which may not be a big deal but it's hard to judge his vision or how he would read his lead blocker. 

Sutton is a question mark for me.  He’s a big athletic dude, but he doesn’t have the best hands, which is as big as a red flag gets for WR prospects. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tacosman said:

ummm...you are getting your years confused.  The team zeke ran for 200+ on(really it was one big 80 yard run at the end of the game when they were already going to win that took it from a good game to a great game statistically) fournette ran for almost 4 ypc on.  Still they controlled him pretty well though.

I don't have them confused, I'm making general comparisons. Fournette was not the full time starter throughout 2014 so I didn't think to compare that one. I do believe 2014 Ohio State against 15 or 16 Alabama feature Zeke with 100+ rushing yards.

Regardless, even against the 14 team Barkley would have done very little.

5 hours ago, RoyceRolls said:

Sutton is a question mark for me.  He’s a big athletic dude, but he doesn’t have the best hands, which is as big as a red flag gets for WR prospects. 

In that case the Browns will surely pick him.:blink:

4 hours ago, SD_Tom said:

Penny will be there in the 2nd.  

My concern with Penny is that his predecessor (Donnell Pumphrey) holds the record for rushing yards in college. I don't know if it is the system or the linemen. But it seems that any starting RB on that team puts up monster numbers.

11 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I like Barkley but he has some serious flags. He plays a little out of control and jumps a lot which could lead to turnovers in the nfl. Plus most of the games I've seen him play in he has taken all of his handoffs out of the shotgun which may not be a big deal but it's hard to judge his vision or how he would read his lead blocker. 

Barkley reminds me of the likes of DJ Dozier, Blair Thomas, Kijana Carter, Curtis Enis.

All highly rated RBs from PSU...all shite at playing in the NFL.  I know...history means nothing....or does it?