THE BROWNS BOARD

All bullsht aside now, does football belong in clev?

Clevfan4life

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They absolutley should get this sh*tshow out of Cleveland...They have got to be costing the NFL tons of money...Other NFL owners probably cringe when they see them on the schedule...yes, it's an automatic win for any other team, but they are losing so much in parking, consession, and ticket sales...due to the Browns...The NFL needs a commitee of NFL minds to get something going for this organization of NFL sewage...It's downright criminal, what they are doing to the NFL and the people of Cleveland who have to pay to wathc such a sorry excuse for an NFL team.....Jump across the Lake and play in Toronto...they would love to have an NFL team and I think it would be good for the NFL ..

there ya go...

problem solved..!  

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

All of u are missing the point, these players hate playing in and for cleveland. They dont want to come here. Those that do play such half asses football im not even sure they play the same game. Srsly i know we've all switched over to the late games after watching the browns turd it up, and those games just look different. Watching two competent teams play against each other u can see how sht moves differently in those games. Its like the browns play ncaafb 1.5

Come on now, I'd say you're correct in a few cases, like Bowe, Britt recently, probably Johnny as well. The big name FAs, yes, they're avoiding Cleveland until things improve.

It looks to my simple brain that Duke, Ogbah, Garrett, Higgins, #73, Kirksey, Peppers, DeValve, Njoku want to play hard, and want to play here. I'd throw Kizer in there too. These young guys just aren't winning, but I'd say they are just as passionate as a Dolphin, Steeler, Patriot, whatever team. I've been critical of Corey Coleman but at least he looked like he cared Sunday after his stone hands let him down.

Losing is making all of us fans bitter. Let's not turn on each other. Cleveland is a great football city.

27 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Come on now, I'd say you're correct in a few cases, like Bowe, Britt recently, probably Johnny as well. The big name FAs, yes, they're avoiding Cleveland until things improve.

It looks to my simple brain that Duke, Ogbah, Garrett, Higgins, #73, Kirksey, Peppers, DeValve, Njoku want to play hard, and want to play here. I'd throw Kizer in there too. These young guys just aren't winning, but I'd say they are just as passionate as a Dolphin, Steeler, Patriot, whatever team. I've been critical of Corey Coleman but at least he looked like he cared Sunday after his stone hands let him down.

Losing is making all of us fans bitter. Let's not turn on each other. Cleveland is a great football city.

Bob,

Very well said.Thank you.

Mike

The cleveland browns should stop pretending to be the Cleveland Browns. The Cleveland Browns are dead. They are the Baltimore Ravens. The cleveland browns should suspend football operations, change the name and colors and resume as an entirely new team. 

Gallagher II sucked, Sammy Hagar sucked and the cleveland browns suck. 

18 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

All of u are missing the point, these players hate playing in and for cleveland. They dont want to come here. Those that do play such half asses football im not even sure they play the same game. Srsly i know we've all switched over to the late games after watching the browns turd it up, and those games just look different. Watching two competent teams play against each other u can see how sht moves differently in those games. Its like the browns play ncaafb 1.5

Don't be a fuhucking idiot. It is not "Cleveland" that they may not want to play for....it is this HC, this owner.  (and we have no clue about the new GM)

16 hours ago, gmp said:

They absolutley should get this sh*tshow out of Cleveland...They have got to be costing the NFL tons of money...Other NFL owners probably cringe when they see them on the schedule...yes, it's an automatic win for any other team, but they are losing so much in parking, consession, and ticket sales...due to the Browns...The NFL needs a commitee of NFL minds to get something going for this organization of NFL sewage...It's downright criminal, what they are doing to the NFL and the people of Cleveland who have to pay to wathc such a sorry excuse for an NFL team.....Jump across the Lake and play in Toronto...they would love to have an NFL team and I think it would be good for the NFL ..

there ya go...

problem solved..!  

Fuhuck you and your one fuhucking post.

13 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

The cleveland browns should stop pretending to be the Cleveland Browns. The Cleveland Browns are dead. They are the Baltimore Ravens. The cleveland browns should suspend football operations, change the name and colors and resume as an entirely new team. 

Then go the fuyuck off and be a fuyucking Ravens fans you squishy pussy.

5 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Typical cowpoop response.  I get it you're willing to be a bitch and let the memory of the browns become a joke. I'm personally pretty disgusted with what the browns have become. 

Yes, so am I.....but I am not stupidly willing to play idiotic games with their legacy.   e.g.   for 40 years the Steelers were the completed dregs of the league as a football team. That was also fairly much the case with the Pats for a 30 year period.  Are they both jokes? The Saints were garbage for 30-40 years.  A number of the so called premier teams of this league had long stints of suckitude.  So, just because we are in a bad turn...does not mean this will last forever.  So...don't be stupid by talking about things like moving the team or renaming it.   Other teams have actually done both...so fuhuck that.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Fuhuck you and your one fuhucking post.

ahh, spoken like a true Cleeliner!!! 

Well, I'd post more if this joke of an NFL team did anything worth posting about over the last few years...1 post is all ya need when the team goes 1-31 for a 2 year season...there ain't much to post about...but now that I see it pisses you off...you can expect to see many more post from me...

21 minutes ago, gmp said:

ahh, spoken like a true Cleeliner!!! 

Well, I'd post more if this joke of an NFL team did anything worth posting about over the last few years...1 post is all ya need when the team goes 1-31 for a 2 year season...there ain't much to post about...but now that I see it pisses you off...you can expect to see many more post from me...

Here is hoping that your one post will be the nadir of your participation on here.....but somehow I suspect it will not be. 

Besides....you know little about human nature, apparently.  Ask the mods here.....this board gets far more run when the Browns are shite likely than if they are good.  If you were really looking for pollyannas to blow rainbow fairy dust up your arse, arseling...I suggest you have come to the wrong place.

(and what is a Cleeliner?)

On 1/2/2018 at 6:42 PM, The Cysko Kid said:

I have said this since 1995

On 1/2/2018 at 11:38 AM, Mark O said:

I'm sure it is....but I doubt any NFL teams are going to  move there because of how old it is.   Any team relocating is going to want a shiny new stadium with lots of luxury boxes and restaurants and all that bull Sheet so they can rake in more money.   Jerry World set the bar and now each team is going to want one of them if they move to a new city.

Jerry is never going to let an NFL team relocate to San Antonio as long as he's alive. 

On 1/2/2018 at 4:58 PM, gmp said:

there ya go...

problem solved..!  

Why don't you just jump in the Lake? Winning cures everything. You think the Buccaneers fans cared about that o-fer season when they won the SB? The rest of the league forgot about it too. It's only come up because the Browns happen to be doing a lot of losing over the last two years. 

Considering ticket sales and revenue, I looked at both this charts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/attendance.htm

On this chart, Browns total attendance is second last in the league, BUT, if you set it to order the teams by Home attendance, there are 8 teams with worse home attendance, and you can see the Browns played against 4 of them and that's probably a reason why total attendance is the lowest (Chargers play in a small soccer stadium). 

Problem with this chart is that I believe it shows SOLD tickets instead of attendance, because in games like vs JAX it was cold and I didn't see more than 40,000 people in the stands by any means. 

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/2017-nfl-pricing-preview

This shows the pricing preview before the 2017 season began.

Looking at both charts, you can see that the ticket revenue is bigger than Bengals' and could be close to Jacksonville's. 

Having a team that has won less and less games this three years and a total of 4 in 48 games, and still doesn't hit the bottom in attendance or in revenue, it's something to be proud of, and that the NFL can't ignore.

12 hours ago, hoorta said:

Jerry is never going to let an NFL team relocate to San Antonio as long as he's alive. 

But...per my daughter who lives there, SA is becoming about as much a Texans town as a Cowboy town. Some success by the DATs could swing a whole portion of that area to the Houston column.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

But...per my daughter who lives there, SA is becoming about as much a Texans town as a Cowboy town. Some success by the DATs could swing a whole portion of that area to the Houston column.

I'll accept that as true. Would San Antonio be willing to build the billion dollar+ stadium that seems to be the going rate for getting a team? 

Just now, hoorta said:

I'll accept that as true. Would San Antonio be willing to build the billion dollar+ stadium that seems to be the going rate for getting a team? 

Because as nice as the Alamodome might be......its not new and no NFL team is moving into a 20+ year old stadium.

8 hours ago, Nero said:

Considering ticket sales and revenue, I looked at both this charts.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2017/attendance.htm

On this chart, Browns total attendance is second last in the league, BUT, if you set it to order the teams by Home attendance, there are 8 teams with worse home attendance, and you can see the Browns played against 4 of them and that's probably a reason why total attendance is the lowest (Chargers play in a small soccer stadium). 

Problem with this chart is that I believe it shows SOLD tickets instead of attendance, because in games like vs JAX it was cold and I didn't see more than 40,000 people in the stands by any means. 

https://www.vividseats.com/blog/2017-nfl-pricing-preview

This shows the pricing preview before the 2017 season began.

Looking at both charts, you can see that the ticket revenue is bigger than Bengals' and could be close to Jacksonville's. 

Having a team that has won less and less games this three years and a total of 4 in 48 games, and still doesn't hit the bottom in attendance or in revenue, it's something to be proud of, and that the NFL can't ignore.

Nice try. Second to last is second to last, no matter how you try to lie about it. Do the same analysis for the other teams and you will come up with the same BS. The reason Browns attendance is low is because the Franchise is dying. It needs to be renamed, sold and moved. Cleveland had no need and no reason to have an NFL team. Time to end the charade.

I don't have a daughter, but I know a lot of women. They all say Cleveland sucks and the Browns suck worse. Albuquerque would be a great place for the team. The Albuquerque Cowpunchers.

The quicker the Browns are folded and moved, the better. You can be sure this is Haslam's purpose. He's going to shut this turd down. 

11 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I don't have a daughter, but I know a lot of women. They all say Cleveland sucks and the Browns suck worse. Albuquerque would be a great place for the team. The Albuquerque Cowpunchers.

The quicker the Browns are folded and moved, the better. You can be sure this is Haslam's purpose. He's going to shut this turd down. 

Thank God.  If you had a daughter you would probably want to have sex with her...just like your hero, DT. 

So...if a team has an extended losing period, they should be move?   In that case....The Steelers should have like moved to Atlanta or Houston or Birmingham back in the 50s or 60s.  After all, they were going through an historic 40 year period of being pure shite....a period twice as long as the Browns have endured. And their owner was just as inept as JH has been.  That team didn't do shinola until it was turned over to Dan. 

How about we agree to this:   If the Browns are as shitey  as the Steelers were.....which means they have to be this shitey for the next 22 years, then we can think about moving them.   

Fair enough. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The Texans' owner, Bob McNair has been an even bigger opponent to SA getting a NFL franchise.

9 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

The Texans' owner, Bob McNair has been an even bigger opponent to SA getting a NFL franchise.

Yes, while that map that someone posted showed that area to still be Cowboy country....I think  that is becoming a very thin wedge there.  I think part of it is that a lot of people do not like the despicable Jerry Jones....and particularly they don't like his presumptuousness over that area being "his".  McNair probably sees his team making inroads there, and doesn't want that apple cart upset. 

Besides....now that the Raiders/Rams/Chargers moves are done....what NFL team would be poised to move? None at this point.  The ones that were borderline...the Jaguars, seems stabilized.  Winning helps.   The Bills...also going to the playoffs for the first time since 1999, I believe have the basics of a stadium deal done.

The only other one that has some apparent ownership instability is the Tennessee Titans.   Things apparently still are not settled after Bud Adams died....though, apparently the daughter with the controlling interest has no intention of selling...where another daughter wants to sell badly:

https://nypost.com/2017/11/08/nfl-issues-making-it-hard-for-owner-to-sell-tennessee-titans/

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

i'm coming at this question from a perspective that it doesn't seem like players want to ball here in Cleveland. Not that I just really want Cleveland to not have football....I'm just losing faith that this city will get competent players here. There's numerous reasons....ie constant scheme changes. It seems like you just don't want to see football played in Cleveland period whether it's the browns or anyone else. So I gotta ask why be here? I want football to be played in Cleveland I just don't think the current NFL climate will allow for decent football to be played here. 

6 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

i'm coming at this question from a perspective that it doesn't seem like players want to ball here in Cleveland. Not that I just really want Cleveland to not have football....I'm just losing faith that this city will get competent players here. There's numerous reasons....ie constant scheme changes. It seems like you just don't want to see football played in Cleveland period whether it's the browns or anyone else. So I gotta ask why be here? I want football to be played in Cleveland I just don't think the current NFL climate will allow for decent football to be played here. 

Clev, did you see the movie Dawn of the Dead? One character asked another, "why are they all here at the shopping mall", the answer was...."maybe they are just here out of some faint familiarity of the past".

I am here because some good, personal friends are here. I am here because I love the Browns, because I grew up loving them and sharing them with my parents, family and friends. I am here grabbing on to a rapidly diminishing piece of my life. 

I don't know how old you are, but can you honestly say you feel about this schidtpile the way you did about the Browns in days gone by?

My experience is different buddy. I tell you this honestly, if the Browns V 2.0 on the SB, I surely would enjoy it, but not as if the real Browns, Modell's Browns won it. I would enjoy the fun with my friends, and I would enjoy talking Browns to the jackoffs here who know nothing of our past....but it wouldn't be the same emotional, visceral experience as if it was a Sipe or Kosar team.

Lerner, Haslam, Modell, Mike White and the NFL killed that connection.

Do I really want this franchise to fold, move, be renamed? Honestly, I do, I really do. But you have to understand my perspective. I love the Browns and I am sick of seeing them dragged through a field of schidt by men who do not deserve to be associated with The Browns. I am done with this.

Hope is a great thing but we must be realistic. Players absolutely do not want to play here. Garrett's lackluster play, while largely rooted in his lack of talent, also comes from his wanting to be a cowboy. Rosen doesn't want to be here, and how many other players just do not want this BS for themselves? If you were a Father of a great prospect, would you want him playing in Cleveland? Hell, if you were a prospect, would you want to be drafted here? Honestly?

2018 is not going to be measurably better than 2017, and i was the only one who said the 2017 squad would perhaps be worse than the 2016 squad. How do I know this will be? Simple, no GM who is a world beater, a terror on his competitors, is going to take a leadership role and be told who his HC is going to be. It doesn't take a genius to read between the lines. Haslam is a spoiled rich kid with a new toy. He is not going to let any other kid play with his toy.

The mess Haslam has with Pilot J is indicative of the kind of man Haslam is. He believes himself to be above reason, above learning, and worse, above all intelligent life forms. Dorsey is Holmgren is Seage is Policy is Sashidt. He is a coffee fetcher who just like Lerner, Haslam and those I mentioned, is here for a free, easy ride. The bar is lower nowhere else in the NFL, and once Dorsey is fired, he can tell his tale of how impossible it is to work for the Browns............... he will point to all the others who failed, and he will be on to his next job.

Players see this Clev. You want to know why they play so half asssed? They see Haslam for what he is. Kim Jong Turd.

2018   2 - 14 +/- 1 win.  

Archived