THE BROWNS BOARD

All bullsht aside now, does football belong in clev?

Clevfan4life

I ask this because its painfully clr now that no matter how many fuks we give about the browns, these players give none. Zero. Obviously theres a few noteable exceptiobs over the last 29 years, but overall olayers come here and dont fire out. Their either waiting for their rookie contracts to come up or sone dude at the end who wants to con one last team fir a final contract he knows he only had to play like a year for to get that guaranteed $$

i hobestly dont think goid football will ever be played here again. It would take a marvin lewis situation where a coach and FO are given like 10 years but we know thats brver going to fly here so whats the point? Its done, over. When u got players that dont give no fuks about playing for this team or the city they sleepwalk through games. Their minds just aren't on the field. Thats why we have ridiculous penalties and drops on perfectly thrown passes. 

Im at the point where id rather see local ohio kids on the field than these drafted players that dont care......or just no football in clev period. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All bullsht aside now, does football belong in clev?

IMO, that's a dumb question.

If you wanna say, Does city officials deserve football in Cleveland...well that'd be different.  Or does Haslam belong in Cleveland?

9 minutes ago, syd said:

so i take it that you are not going to the parade ?

Will the Rockettes be there?  Or the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders?  -  No, it'll probably be a bunch of drunk, ugly, Browns fans.

2 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

Cleveland........... IS............... football!! NEVER, EVER think of taking football out of Cleveland! Maybe YOU should just move, or jump on the Steeler bandwagon.

Yeah but if players dont feel that way its a moot point. I almost feel like it would take some local kid like lebron to come to clev and resuscitate the franchise. Short of that what is going to make players care? They know if they can just get out of cleveland they can go start on their real career somewhere else. 

8 minutes ago, BrownsFan4Evr said:

A lot of Browns "fans" have jumped to the Steelers.  It'll get better. I've been a Browns fan since 1962. There have been stretches where the Browns were bad. It happens. Modell is who screwed the Browns

Well not me. Just to fully flesch out for u how much of a fan i am, if it aint the browns im done with football. I might watch the playoffs or maybe just the SB......but im not that into the nfl if i cant pull for the browns. They're pretty much the only reason i give a Schit about football.

14 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

but if players dont feel that way its a moot point.

I've said it before, the players union and free agency has changed the players viewpoint of the game.   Team loyalty and rivalries only exist in fandome now.

12 minutes ago, Orion said:

I've said it before, the players union and free agency has changed the players viewpoint of the game.   Team loyalty and rivalries only exist in fandome now.

Wow. So asking for a piece of the owner's pie is wrong?

It's a two way street there sir. 

26 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I don't understand your response.  (I guess I'm not smart enough)

Is there something in my statement above that is incorrect?

33 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

oh, baloney. How many millions do most players make? WT hell? They don't ask, their union reps try to DEMAND,

OWN, and CONTROL. It's what the left does. Organize, antagonize, then whine when they aren't allowed to be bosses of

everything. Do you honestly think that NFL players play for minimum wage or something???

58 minutes ago, Orion said:

Is there something in my statement above that is incorrect?

Not incorrect, just not telling the whole story. 

Free agency has indeed had a negative impact on loyalty from both union and management. Players want to get paid,owners want a salary cap. The result is you don't have a Charlie Hall, for example,on the team for the entire career. 

I'm fairly certain it was Curt Flood, of the MLB Cardinals that was the 1st ever to fight for free agency, citing anti-trust laws. He lost, but opened up the "Flood" gates so, to speak.

59 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Do you honestly think that NFL players play for minimum wage or something???

Of course not. 

I don't have figures in front of me, but with revenue sharing, the teams basically split 1/32 of the TV money. Ticket money is gravy. And there are rookie minimums, for instance. Merchandise sales are split a certain way as well. There's plenty of cash to go around. 

I don't think anybody on this forum gives a rats butt what players and owners make, we just want a winner. 

I'm not saying that the players union and FA is a bad thing......example: Archie Manning playing his whole career for the Saints who never gave him squat to compete with.  But it HAS to some extent left the league as one big mishmash of players....loyal to themselves only.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I ask this because its painfully clr now that no matter how many fuks we give about the browns, these players give none. Zero. Obviously theres a few noteable exceptiobs over the last 29 years, but overall olayers come here and dont fire out. Their either waiting for their rookie contracts to come up or sone dude at the end who wants to con one last team fir a final contract he knows he only had to play like a year for to get that guaranteed $$

i hobestly dont think goid football will ever be played here again. It would take a marvin lewis situation where a coach and FO are given like 10 years but we know thats brver going to fly here so whats the point? Its done, over. When u got players that dont give no fuks about playing for this team or the city they sleepwalk through games. Their minds just aren't on the field. Thats why we have ridiculous penalties and drops on perfectly thrown passes.

Im at the point where id rather see local ohio kids on the field than these drafted players that dont care......or just no football in clev period.

well clevefor life, i have been saying this for yrs and yrs and yrs now...just what you pointed out...the once great players that are washed up come here for  a yr or 2 just to get some extra bucks in their pockets...from the willie mcginnis' to the jake delhommes to the jamal lewis' etc etc...its been this way forever, yet there are still some blockheads on this board that insist the good fa's are on the way...pfffffffft...they don't get it...as far as football in cleve, i would rather see a hockey franchise now and get rid of football...it will never happen but its my wish. MAYBE THEN WE COULD KNOCK THE Sheet OUT OF THE PENGUINS AND AT LEAST HAVE SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT....

5 minutes ago, browns52 said:

well clevefor life, i have been saying this for yrs and yrs and yrs now...just what you pointed out...the once great players that are washed up come here for  a yr or 2 just to get some extra bucks in their pockets...from the willie mcginnis' to the jake delhommes to the jamal lewis' etc etc...its been this way forever, yet there are still some blockheads on this board that insist the good fa's are on the way...pfffffffft...they don't get it...as far as football in cleve, i would rather see a hockey franchise now and get rid of football...it will never happen but its my wish. MAYBE THEN WE COULD KNOCK THE Sheet OUT OF THE PENGUINS AND AT LEAST HAVE SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT....

So u think a hockey franchise will spring forth from the ether and 

1) wont have the exact same issue attracting top tier talent     

And 

2) will immediately compete with a franchise that is essentially the new england patriots of the NHL

????

<sigh><facepalm><moarsighing>

2 hours ago, Orion said:

-  No, it'll probably be a bunch of drunk, ugly, Browns fans.

here they come..your a guitar man,ever heard any of this. maybe band after grand marshal 

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

In the coming few years the NFL will absolutely consolodate or refocus their concentration. Cleveland is a shrinking market and right now, a joke.

Anyone who thinks this team is not at risk to be moved is kidding themselves.

49 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

And

2) will immediately compete with a franchise that is essentially the new england patriots of the NHL

????

50 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

And

????

they would have issues developing but what the heck, how much  worse can it get watching the browns for 20yrs not competing...i'm just saying...give it a shot...

6 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

In the coming few years the NFL will absolutely consolodate or refocus their concentration. Cleveland is a shrinking market and right now, a joke.

well put........i can't believe that even 1 person would go watch this garbage after all these yrs of setting records of shame, yr after yr....Shmuck, invest that money in apple stock, you will be better off...

2 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Your a Shmucking idiotYour a Shmucking idiot

Archived