THE BROWNS BOARD

Crowell

Alkid3

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

We haven't been blocking much for him...

Woody you must get it by now.  The offense struggles, it's Hue's fault for not running the ball.  The running game stink's, it's Crows fault for being a bad running back.  It's more appropriate to call Believeland, Excuseville.  The whole team is littered with poor performances and football more than any other sport relies on everyone being solid to look good.  But around here it's easier to blame one guy since it suggests it's easily fixed, which it isn't.

19 hours ago, Soju said:

all he does is run into the linemen

Hard to do that and average 4.1 ypc...

Crow is a limited RB with vision and top speed issues, but that does not mean he is bad. He has good receiving skills and is a very good pass blocker. His limitations just mean he's not a feature back.

And neither is Duke...

I expect Crow will walk anyway.. It's what all players do when they're contract in Cleveland runs out..  I'm gonna laugh my butt off at the sunshine pumpers when Garrett's rookie contract runs out then, takes his talents to the DFW....

38 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Hard to do that and average 4.1 ypc...

Crow is a limited RB with vision and top speed issues, but that does not mean he is bad. He has good receiving skills and is a very good pass blocker. His limitations just mean he's not a feature back.

And neither is Duke...

I wish I knew why Dayes was not played more this year. Were they just trying to keep Crow happy so he would return?

48 minutes ago, nickers said:

I'm gonna laugh my butt off at the sunshine pumpers when Garrett's rookie contract runs out then, takes his talents to the DFW....

Yeah... if that happens it'll be hilarious to all you short-bus riders.

don't know what ya got till it's gone? Crow bring a boatload of physical durability. Since 2014 Crow has started  all of 16 equaling 64 starts..Only 6 fumbles on 737 carries..If Duke can be the physical banger as Crow? I have not seen it in durability nor ball security..   

No idea on Dayes... I was beating drum for him early and often.

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

don't know what ya got till it's gone?

You pave paradise and put up a parking lot...

It's not as if Crow cannot be improved upon... he can... but he does not deserve the dismissive disrespect some are casting his way.

Here's your deal on Dayes..per his RB coach Des Kitchings at NC State.. which going to NCSU football spring camps I've got a good relationship with.."Game 1 Dayes missed a assignment on Pitts. punt block. Tabor & RB coach has put Dayes there hoping to also help Dayes on his reads in pass pro".(rooks do struggle here).Dayes "has had fumbling issues on spin moves at practice hoping to correct his hand protect of ball thru spin move"..Dayes is Duke's back-up..Would you take reps from Duke this season? "Dayes will be fine learning just like most rooks from special teams" per Kitchings. Dayes does have a minor knee sprain that hit injury report last week... 

1 hour ago, nickers said:

I expect Crow will walk anyway.. It's what all players do when they're contract in Cleveland runs out..  I'm gonna laugh my butt off at the sunshine pumpers when Garrett's rookie contract runs out then, takes his talents to the DFW....

hell be lucky to make it through his rookie contract, won't even get his 5th year picked up.

42 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

No idea on Dayes... I was beating drum for him early and often.

You pave paradise and put up a parking lot...

It's not as if Crow cannot be improved upon... he can... but he does not deserve the dismissive disrespect some are casting his way.

He's good not great. You have any interest in Saquon Barkley?  Happy New Year BTW. Had excessive amounts of Diplomatico during the game yesterday, (had a bad feeling they'd mess up the potential game winnig drive, we always have found a new way to lose every game this year) and then some old Bordeaux at Jay's Restaurant with about 20 other winos...   1982 Certan de May.  :)  

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

He's good not great. You have any interest in Saquon Barkley?  Happy New Year BTW. Had excessive amounts of Diplomatico during the game yesterday, (had a bad feeling they'd mess up the potential game winnig drive, we always have found a new way to lose every game this year) and then some old Bordeaux at Jay's Restaurant with about 20 other winos...   1982 Certan de May.  :)  

Nice, looks like that Gulf Coast Tour could be a reality.

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Had excessive amounts of Diplomatico during the game yesterday.  :)  

So you had a great day after all.:lol:

I got a Total Wine gift card to cash in and am seriously thinking I may get Plantation Barbados XO 20th Anniversary which has some reviews similar to my Diplomatico. I did get another of those for Xmas though so I will have something to taste along side to compare it with. Report coming Tuesday night.:D

I bought a 4 pack of Samual Smith Oatmeal Stout with money left over when I picked up the Diplomatico with my $50 gift card from another retailer closer in. Sharing it with my daughter in law who loves those dark malty beers like I do.

I have one more card besides those and it's a hard choice between my fav Honig Cabernet or a Taylor 20 year Port. Since I have 3 other Honigs already I'm leaning towards the Port unless I spot a really good Rioja (Nero would approve). Life is hard.:rolleyes:

Hey Nero you got any favorites? Take a look at what Total Wine carries and give me an opinion. There is a good search engine on the website you can go by wines/ports or by country and narrow it down. I have two locations in N Austin to go bye from.

http://www.totalwine.com/

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

don't know what ya got till it's gone? Crow bring a boatload of physical durability. Since 2014 Crow has started  all of 16 equaling 64 starts..Only 6 fumbles on 737 carries..If Duke can be the physical banger as Crow? I have not seen it in durability nor ball security..   

We got nothing... we all know what we got... the answer is nothing. Let him walk he wants a New contract playing like that? Nah I'm good. Sign a 5th rounder rb and he'll be better. 

The Browns should draft two RBs in the upcoming Draft.

Duke is a free agent after next season. I really like Ronald Jones from USC to replace Duke. Not sure yet on a more durable, bigger back to replace Crowell yet.

Crow has given us 4 "good" years at RB, averaging 4.2 YPC in that time. Playcalling has limited him severely over the last 2 years - when he was in his prime. I wouldn't blame him for leaving Hue's garbage offense. Overall, he has been quite good for us, so no reason to bash the guy...

Just now, thenew23 said:

Crow has given us 4 "good" years at RB, averaging 4.2 YPC in that time. Playcalling has limited him severely over the last 2 years - when he was in his prime. I wouldn't blame him for leaving Hue's garbage offense. Overall, he has been quite good for us, so no reason to bash the guy...

why not? he bashes into the backs of his linemen on every carry, If I were his head coach I wouldn't give him carries either as he would be frustrating  the hell out of me every game. With no other option I have to play him.

5 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

why not? he bashes into the backs of his linemen on every carry, If I were his head coach I wouldn't give him carries either as he would be frustrating  the hell out of me every game. With no other option I have to play him.

And yet he averages more yards per carry than Fournette this season.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And yet he averages more yards per carry than Fournette this season.

that average would go way down if he had the same # of carries.

3 hours ago, nickers said:

Bingo, well said Mah NIkkaz. This is what I call the Hoorta syndrome. Any player who wants the best for himself winds up getting attacked by Browns fans, instead of attacking the cheap organization that won't pay for players. $60 million under the cap?

Crowell is a nice player. Not a feature back, but a good player to have as part of the overall package. He averaged 4.1 yards? Meaning every 3 carries he gets a first down....and he is garbage? Yeah, we have a line of good RBs just dying to come here. He would be an absolute idiot to come back to Cleveland.

I agree, Garrett will not be here long, BUT...........his stock has dropped. Nobody believes this guy is ever going to be a dominant player.

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

Based on what?

for the reason I stated he runs into the back of his linemen instead of having vision to locate a crease to get through, Id swear he closes his eyes as soon as he gets the hand off and just runs straight ahead. We need a RB that has balance and vision. One that doesn't trip over grass blades.

Just now, TopDawg31 said:

for the reason I stated he runs into the back of his linemen instead of having vision to locate a crease to get through, Id swear he closes his eyes as soon as he gets the hand off and just runs straight ahead. We need a RB that has balance and vision. One that doesn't trip over grass blades.

The same guy who averaged 4.7 yards per carry in 2016?

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The same guy who averaged 4.7 yards per carry in 2016?

yeah that guy...lol

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Any player who wants the best for himself winds up getting attacked by Browns fans...................... Nobody believes this guy is ever going to be a dominant player.

LOL! Now who among Browns fans would continually attack a player? I can't imagine that.:rolleyes:

Archived