THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

On 1/1/2018 at 11:43 PM, jiggins7919 said:

Yes this game was against the backups. Yes we still found a way to lose. Yes we lost every game this year.

Tough loss. Probably the toughest.  It's #16.  It's PIT and it's the backups, but those backups played amazingly well. For the first time in 5 years, I'm ready to say that Landry Jones is ready to be the starter. Execution was precise and meticulous.  I was amazed. Jones completed 23 out of 25 for a QB Rating of 100.5.  The Steelers ran for 124 yards.  The offense had one penalty in that game and that was a delay-of-game, intentionally called with 0:02 left in the 4th quarter.

The starters on offense could not have played any better. The defense was the  starters.

I like Kizer.  He had the toughest job in football, being a rookie QB for a 0-16 team . . . . it doesn't get much worse than that.  Old School says that it takes 5 years to develop a QB but nobody wants to wait that long anymore.  Terry Bradshaw was way worse than Kizer in his first several years and didn't get good till year 5.  Landry Jones is now ready at year 5.  Ben retires, Jones is the starter, I would like to see Kizer and Dobbs compete for the #2 spot.  He is a gamer.  He is fearless, he has already been baptized with the fire of a 0-16 season.  He is ready to go to the Steelers now, especially since it's mandatory that CLE have a new QB every year.

CLE has 12 picks in the draft - - Just pick 12 QB's.  Yur bound to find one outta 12 to be that golden franchise starter.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived