THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Steelers Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns Nation!  Our Browns  will try to not repeat NFL futility this afternoon, as they play the same opponent that started their 2017 NFL season, the 12-3, and 2017 AFC North Champions Pittsburgh Steelers won the earlier meeting 21-18 at FirstEnergy Stadium back on September 10, 2017.

The 2008 Detroit Lions  also both had an undefeated 4-0 preseason, and a winless 0-16 regular season.

Cleveland though will try to defy their odds on the road,  will  try to end both their 13-game road losing streak,  win their road game and season finale in Pittsburgh, since defeating the Steelers there by the score of 33-13, back on October 5, 2002.

Regardless win or lose, our Cleveland Browns have not won  a playoff berth a  divisional title,  and an NFL Championship of  any form n that order, since the Steelers defeated the Browns 36-33 in the AFC Wild Card Game back in January 2003,  winning the AFC Central Title back in 1989, and defeating the Baltimore Colts 27-0 in the 1964 NFL Championship.

Pittsburgh also leads the all-time series, over Cleveland with 73 wins and 58 losses - including 129 regular season and 2 post season games - in today's 132nd meeting.  Browns in fact won 12 of the first 13 meetings in their all-time series history, including winning the first 8 straight regular season games beginning in 1950, through 1958.

Cloudy skies at 15 degrees, feels like 5 degrees, is the game forecast inside Heinz Field. for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 15% precipitation, 61% humidity, and  west/northwest winds at 7 miles per hour.

NO injuries,  play to win before New Year's Eve in Pittsburgh.  We expect many changes from the Browns facility in Berea during  the upcoming offseason.

Happy New Year To everyone here at The Browns Board!  GO BROWNS AND BELIEVELAND!!!!!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a part of me that doesn't want Myles Garrett playing in this game. All we need is for him to have a severe injury and not be able to participate in off season activities or be available for the start of 2018 season. I'm dead serious...I'd consider sitting him. 

This game is bringing back awful memories of our last game in 2016. You know, the one we had basically won until Hue Jackson called the WR screen pass from the 2 yard line and Hawkins lost 8 yards? That's the crap that kills me about Hue. The plays he calls seem to backfire when we need them the most. He had a couple of nice moments, and not all the blame is on Hue, as the players are the ones who need to execute, but Geez. 

It'd be nice to win, but let's be honest here...we're screwed no matter who is sitting for Pittsburgh. Kizer looked defeated and that look generally doesn't improve when you play AT PITTSBURGH. Remember that interception he threw into triple coverage to Crow? Did you guys see the press conference when the reporter asked, "Didn't you see the three defenders surrounding Crow? Why did you throw it?" Kizer just glared at him. His year is over. Perhaps he can regroup and improve over the spring and summer, but it ain't gonna be this week. 

ONE MAN'S OPINION SUNDAY MORNING EDITION.........and the battle for #1 is over! Draft pick that is.

Cleveland officially is on the clock courtesy of its 0-15 record, which puts Hue Jackson’s two-year Browns coaching record at 1-30. The Steelers have a tendency to play to the level of their competition. That was the case opening week when Pittsburgh managed to only beat Cleveland, 21-18. The Steelers did sack DeShone Kizer seven times.

Even against the Browns, though, it’s a bit much to lay such a big number especially when Antonio Brown isn’t going to play and the Browns are 
likely to go all out to avoid the stigma of a winless season. Kizer does have an NFL-high 27 turnovers and Cleveland has only covered one of its past 11 road games.

SO WHAT TO DO? EASY, SELL THE CAR, TAKE UBER FOR AWHILE AND PUT IT ON THE BROWNIES +14 BABY! DON'T WORRY YOU CAN GET ANOTHER CAR NEXT WEEK WHEN YOUR BOOKIE PAYS OFF NEXT TUESDAY........OR HEAD TO FLORIDA EARLY THIS YEAR.

WHILE YOU'RE AT IT TAKE CINCI +10.5, SF +2.5 and PHILLY +2.5 (big!).

HAVE A NICE OFFSEASON BROWNS FANS EVERYWHERE and LET THE MOCK DRAFTS BEGIN! FROM ONE MAN........

........now off to the pool. 

premium_thumb.jpg

We're not winning today guys. I think there was a point this season where we might have had a chance against their backups, but after watching Kizer fall apart last week, it's done in my mind. Our players are falling apart, making terrible mental errors, not engaged, and just not making the plays when they are available. I want to be wrong....but I'm pretty sure I'm not. 

CLEVELAND BROWNS INJURIES
Player
Position
Injury
Practice Status
Game Status
Caleb Brantley DT -- Full Participation in Practice --
Sammie Coates WR -- Full Participation in Practice --
Isaiah Crowell RB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Randy Johnson RB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Joshua Keyes LB -- Full Participation in Practice --
Joseph Tretter C -- Full Participation in Practice --