THE BROWNS BOARD

Black Monday follows Bloody Sunday

Orion

5 hours ago, wargograw said:

Yeah it's kinda like you telling me to go root for another team because I'm dissatisfied with the moves of this one, while you've spent months saying people's dissatisfaction is a-ok. Hypocrite. You are really bad at defending yourself intellectually. I'd take up something else. 

You came here with Johnny, he signed in Canada now. Hamilton Tiger cats. Go there and take hue with you

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Nero said:

If they announce something similar about McDanields, it could mean that Belichick is retiring. I can't see him staying in the Pats and losing two main coaches of his personnel. 

I have been under the impression all along that BB basically has wanted McDaniels to succeed him as HC of the Pats.   What BB really wanted likely was for McDaniels and Garropolo to carry on where he and Brady left off......because BB wanted that to be his legacy.  Now, perhaps, he doesn't care about leaving any legacy  with the Pats...if he thinks he has been screwed over by Kraft and Brady.

He may in fact be trying to see to it that McDaniels...like Patricia, gets an HC job elsewhere.....and then he leaves the Pats high and dry by retiring....or by trying to get the NYGiants gig for himself.

McDaniels name is being touted heavily as the Bears HC.   Which would be a bit ironic....as it was John Fox who replaced him in Denver...and he could replace Fox in Chicago.  McDaniels would then work with Trubisky.

Niw we have to suffer 7 years before a change? Oy vey...

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

McDaniels name is being touted heavily as the Bears HC.  

Bears announced KC's OC Matt Nagy as their new HC about the same time you posted this.

18 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Lions are going to the same Patriots coaching well that gave us Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, et al.

Godspeed, Detroit Lions.

Yeah... those branches have not borne much fruit. Great assistants... not so much HCs.

27 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Bears announced KC's OC Matt Nagy as their new HC about the same time you posted this.

Alrighty then?    Where, if anywhere, does McDaniels land?  Or does he stay put?

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm going to definitely keep an eye on how this turns out, seeing that there was rumors that if Hue had gotten fired, Nagy was his probable/possible replacement.

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I have been under the impression all along that BB basically has wanted McDaniels to succeed him as HC of the Pats.  

I think BB wants to be the all time winningest HC.  So he still needs a bunch of 10 win seasons.

19 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

You came here with Johnny, he signed in Canada now. Hamilton Tiger cats. Go there and take hue with you

I came here a year after he got drafted. Always been a Browns fan. Get your facts straight.

17 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Nope, not until you understand that football is supposed to be all about winning. 

Wait wait wait. Me not understanding that (supposedly) means you don't have to use facts? Interesting. Explains alot.

25 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Wait wait wait. Me not understanding that (supposedly) means you don't have to use facts? Interesting. Explains alot.

Why let the facts get in the way. Never been fishing  either?  Football is about winning. Not some indefinite long term losing strategy playing with numbers. John boy is in Canada now. Maybe he will play nice with you.

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm going to definitely keep an eye on how this turns out, seeing that there was rumors that if Hue had gotten fired, Nagy was his probable/possible replacement.

Nagy wasn't on my radar, but Reid's coaching tree is really impressive. On NFL Live yesterday Louis Riddick was going on and on yesterday about how Reid prepares his staff for future success.

It’s very possible that the Big Red coaching tree will expand to include eight teams, or 25 percent of the league (H/T Will Brinson of CBS Sports for noticing this first)

There is currently Andy Reid and six of his former underlings as head coaches in the NFL. Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub is considered a possibility for someone this year. Pat Shurmur is the offensive coordinator of the Vikings and considered a head coaching candidate this year.

If Shurmur or Toub gets a job, that’ll be eight.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/9/16863682/andy-reid-coaching-tree-could-stretch-to-more-than-25-percent-of-the-league

11 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Football is about winning. Not some indefinite long term losing strategy playing with numbers.

So step one is "Win" and step two is "See step one"?

Simple plan for simple folks.

19 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Why let the facts get in the way. Never been fishing  either?  Football is about winning. Not some indefinite long term losing strategy playing with numbers. John boy is in Canada now. Maybe he will play nice with you.

So by your own admission facts don’t matter. Sweet. Good talk. 

15 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Nagy wasn't on my radar, but Reid's coaching tree is really impressive. On NFL Live yesterday Louis Riddick was going on and on yesterday about how Reid prepares his staff for future success.

It’s very possible that the Big Red coaching tree will expand to include eight teams, or 25 percent of the league (H/T Will Brinson of CBS Sports for noticing this first)

There is currently Andy Reid and six of his former underlings as head coaches in the NFL. Chiefs special teams coach Dave Toub is considered a possibility for someone this year. Pat Shurmur is the offensive coordinator of the Vikings and considered a head coaching candidate this year.

If Shurmur or Toub gets a job, that’ll be eight.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/1/9/16863682/andy-reid-coaching-tree-could-stretch-to-more-than-25-percent-of-the-league

So step one is "Win" and step two is "See step one"?

Simple plan for simple folks.

Or a guy that studies film along with a stat sheet. Isn't so arrogant that he can listen to others. First in, last out.... Yep simple is as simple does. Why make it complex? KISS?

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Or a guy that studies film along with a stat sheet. Isn't so arrogant that he can listen to others. First in, last out.... Yep simple is as simple does. Why make it complex? KISS?

First, no thanks.

Second, you just complicated things.

Third, that "guy" is called a "scout".

22 minutes ago, Orion said:

Nah.  First in's gotta make the coffee.

We want that in a QB.  (a QB that makes good coffee)

What about a QB projected to be a nice coffee maker? You don't want to draft a guy who makes great coffee but always makes a mess. 

On 1/10/2018 at 10:32 AM, Tour2ma said:

First, no thanks.

Second, you just complicated things.

Third, that "guy" is called a "scout".

No, it's called problem solving. KISS. Keep It Simple Stupid

Any seemingly large problem can be broken down into a series of smaller problems. These then have easier solutions. Sorry Stosh didn't work for ya. I don't see anyone lining up to hire a 2 time loser and I dam sure don't see any other teams trying out a total anal ytics program. BTW, GM is just the head scout. He should look at film. That was one of the criticisms of Stosh. 

21 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Only you would want a lawyer with no football background "looking at film."

Five NFL GMs actually apparently have law degrees.    (or did when you included Sashi).    Not sure about their additional background in football. The others may have had a lot more than Sashi.

Archived