THE BROWNS BOARD

Black Monday follows Bloody Sunday

Orion

38 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Ted Thompson no longer the Packers GM. 

Oh and Hue Jackson is still the Browns head coach. 

Perhaps their strength and conditioning guy in Green Bay needs to be fired.

The Packers every year seem to have a TON of injuries.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Ian Rappoport tweeted. . .

With one former #Browns  coach - Pat Shurmur - getting an interview with the #Lions, it reminds me of another: Mike Pettine spent the year consulting for the #Seahawks  & learning a new system. He will be a top DC candidate.

Good for Pett, he was thrown under the bus by those above him. He didn’t help himself with O’Neil business but he deserved better than he got. 

9 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Packers long time DC (and fellow Mount Union alum) Dom Capers is out.

would ya believe they would play this when dom was in Carolina,song title "Come & Go with me" Written by The dell VIKINGS.... 

Only for you Dom.. 

THE LATEST

Longtime Packers GM Ted Thompson will transition to a new role within the organization.

Broncos fire multiple assistant coaches.

Bears GM Ryan Pace has received a contract extension.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/31/black-monday-coaching-changes-coaches-fired-chuck-pagano-jon-gruden-jack-del-rio-jim-caldwell

I completely agree with Terry Pluto about this whole mess. Stosh and Hue reported to the Haslam's independent of each other. Consensus not!

Now it's Dorsey and Hue reporting to the Haslam's independent of each other. I hate it and it's pretty much doomed to fail from the start. The GM needs to be free to make his own decisions in order to put a football team with real talent together. But, what the heck, I'd do the same as Dorsey for 5 mil a year. 

We're screwed again.

7 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Stosh and Hue reported to the Haslam's independent of each other. Consensus not!

That structure did not preclude the consensus process, so long as the man a the top bought in.

To which Pluto column do you refer? Link?

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

That structure did not preclude the consensus process, so long as the man a the top bought in.

To which Pluto column do you refer? Link?

It was on Cleveland.com 

There's a few columns by him there. It was his Friday article...but that's a guess. This phone isn't quite smart enough to download the link. Kinda special. It's one of Pluto's  more recent columns though. 

18 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I completely agree with Terry Pluto about this whole mess. Stosh and Hue reported to the Haslam's independent of each other. Consensus not!

Now it's Dorsey and Hue reporting to the Haslam's independent of each other. I hate it and it's pretty much doomed to fail from the start. The GM needs to be free to make his own decisions in order to put a football team with real talent together. But, what the heck, I'd do the same as Dorsey for 5 mil a year. 

We're screwed again.

We tried to tell you....

By The MMQB Staff
January 03, 2018

THE LATEST

The Bengals have signed Marvin Lewis to a new, two-year contract.

Pete Carroll has said he will not retire.

Broncos fire multiple assistant coaches, but offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave will return for 2018.

Bruce Arians has told his staff he is retiring

Arians has since held a tearful presser to confirm he is retiring.

Lewis' new contract is the big surprise... and the death of our last hope.

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

You want Lewis??

lol... no, but I would take him over Hue.

The hope that was posted around here by a few was that Lewis would lave Cinci and then they'd come after Hue by making a trade offer.

Looks like now Brown is willing to wait for us to fire Hue after 2018... ;)

On 1/2/2018 at 11:18 PM, wargograw said:

We tried to tell you....

Tell us what? Haslam is an impatient meddlesome owner who doesn't know how to construct an NFL Front Office? Hires\fires the wrong guys? I'm not going to get into the relative merits of canning Sashi and keeping Hue. 

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

Tell us what? Haslam is an impatient meddlesome owner who doesn't know how to construct an NFL Front Office? Hires\fires the wrong guys? I'm not going to get into the relative merits of canning Sashi and keeping Hue. 

That firing everyone wouldn’t be some oasis of success. Didn’t I just say this?

15 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I said numerology won't work. And you seem to have gone senile

And I said any replacement hires would blow and therefore firing guys (what you wanted to do) wouldn’t work. Check and check for me so far. 

26 minutes ago, wargograw said:

And I said any replacement hires would blow and therefore firing guys (what you wanted to do) wouldn’t work. Check and check for me so far. 

Exactly War- but they might have fired the wrong guy. Sashi made many mistakes though- starting with passing on Wentz- I could go on. It's why he got canned. 0-16, somebody walks the plank- that's just the way it is in the NFL. That's not to say Hueless the Clueless is absolved from blame for the current mess we find ourselves in. 

I don't know how you can say- short of having a crystal ball that sees into the future- that Dorsey and Highsmith won't be an improvement over Sashi. I'm at least willing to give them a chance, will you? 

11 hours ago, wargograw said:

Easy to say whith the record. They all have been bad. But you seem to like the Winless guy best with the Winless Browns. Good luck with that.

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

Exactly War- but they might have fired the wrong guy. Sashi made many mistakes though- starting with passing on Wentz- I could go on. It's why he got canned. 0-16, somebody walks the plank- that's just the way it is in the NFL. That's not to say Hueless the Clueless is absolved from blame for the current mess we find ourselves in. 

I don't know how you can say- short of having a crystal ball that sees into the future- that Dorsey and Highsmith won't be an improvement over Sashi. I'm at least willing to give them a chance, will you? 

Hue's replacement wouldn't be any good either. It's a pontless endeavor. You have to build the team in the same system over several years.

21 minutes ago, wargograw said:

Hue's replacement wouldn't be any good either. It's a pontless endeavor. You have to build the team in the same system over several years.

When Sashi gets a new GM gig, feel free to go root for that team...

Oh... wait...

30 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I assume that this thread is the thread to do updating on the coaching jobs in the NFL.

It was announced today that Pat's DC Matt Patricia will become the HC of the Detroit Lions...when the Pats playoff run is done.

The Lions are going to the same Patriots coaching well that gave us Charlie Weis, Romeo Crennel, Eric Mangini, Josh McDaniels, et al.

Godspeed, Detroit Lions.

35 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I assume that this thread is the thread to do updating on the coaching jobs in the NFL.

It was announced today that Pat's DC Matt Patricia will become the HC of the Detroit Lions...when the Pats playoff run is done.

If they announce something similar about McDanields, it could mean that Belichick is retiring. I can't see him staying in the Pats and losing two main coaches of his personnel. 

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

If they announce something similar about McDanields, it could mean that Belichick is retiring. I can't see him staying in the Pats and losing two main coaches of his personnel. 

I want the Patriots to stay together just long enough to keep the Steelers and Roethlisberger from ever winning another Super Bowl.

When Big Ben retires, the Pats can then break up the dynasty! :lol:

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

When Sashi gets a new GM gig, feel free to go root for that team...

Oh... wait...

I'll stick with the Browns, and the Browns will keep sucking. But at least they have a football guy. You, on the other hand, could go live in another country though....

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Nope, it's as simple as finding the right guy. Happens all the time.

Until Mr. "Right Guy" gets fired 3 years later. Yeah, the NFL is just teeming with long-tenured head coaches because those organizations just found the "right guy."

No, they're run well and they're talented, so a halfway decent coach can walk in and win some games. We can never have that because we scrap the players every two years. And why do we do that? Because we scrap the GM and HC every two years. 

But hey, at some point it'll click. Maybe attempt #9 or whatever we're on will be the charm.

21 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I'll stick with the Browns, and the Browns will keep sucking. But at least they have a football guy. You, on the other hand, could go live in another country though....

Man, when you go off the rails, YOU GO OFF THE RAILS.

Next you'll compare Sashi getting fired to the Holocaust.

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Man, when you go off the rails, YOU GO OFF THE RAILS.

Next you'll compare Sashi getting fired to the Holocaust.

Yeah it's kinda like you telling me to go root for another team because I'm dissatisfied with the moves of this one, while you've spent months saying people's dissatisfaction is a-ok. Hypocrite. You are really bad at defending yourself intellectually. I'd take up something else. 

Archived