THE BROWNS BOARD

Black Monday follows Bloody Sunday

Orion

22 minutes ago, Tim Couch Pulls Out said:

So we cut most everybody signed by Sashi, then.

Coleman can be the first to go.

and Kizer

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, syd said:

so who is in control of the hiring of the O.C

Staff is generally the decision of the HC at the Coordinator level. And in turn the coordinators get involved in the position coach hires.

GM's usually supply a candidate list.

15 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

The problem is, Haslam and Dorsey have painted themselves into a corner. If they fire him, then their word is worth nothing. It would be just another black eye on a franchise, that honestly, should be moved to another city and renamed. Why keep shidding on the Browns brand?

Keeping him around after going 0 and 16 and such a disgraceful fashion is as big a black eye to the franchise as anything could be.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Keeping him around after going 0 and 16 and such a disgraceful fashion is as big a black eye to the franchise as anything could be.

Agree, but it really depends on Jimmah's, Dorsey's and Hue's ability to scapegoat Sashi... and so far they are all in line.

Which brings up another point in Hue's favor... Can Jimmah stand publicly admitting he was wrong again in closing both of his main guys?

57 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree, but it really depends on Jimmah's, Dorsey's and Hue's ability to scapegoat Sashi... and so far they are all in line.

Which brings up another point in Hue's favor... Can Jimmah stand publicly admitting he was wrong again in closing both of his main guys?

I think he gets a pass with Coach Jackson. This was the guy the entire league and all the media was agog over, and no one ever thought he would stoop to taking a job with the lonely Cleveland Browns. Jimmy put together some sort of a deal and made him feel comfortable so it would have appeared we won that battle.

Now after 2 seasons and only one when I can't imagine anyone seriously criticizing the owner for admitting a mistake that everybody and football but was a slam dunk.

Unfortunately like DeShone Kizer, Hue Jackson seems like a nice earnest and hard-working man, nobody really wants to see him fail.

But we do have to admit it really looks like he played his way out of a job. I'm not sure that another full year under the same conditions would be helpful or more akin to driving that car another 100 miles after the oil light comes on.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I think he gets a pass with Coach Jackson. This was the guy the entire league and all the media was agog over,

I was actually happy that JImmy got the guy he was after for once.  But after these two seasons it really would be hard to fault Jimmy for firing Hue.  And much easier to fault him for keeping him.

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

but fortunately people don't buy that fully.  Hue can't say "oh I didn't have any players so what do you expect me to do?" because the expectation for a team with no players is to not go 1-31 in today's nfl.  

the overall reaction to haslam keeping hue has been mostly negative i think.  As it should be.

Dorsey has some time for now....he'll be judged on this draft and the next draft.  

Im thinking our o/u next year will be 5.5 or so.  Will be interesting to see when we go 6-10 does hue then get another year?  I guess so...because if you start at 1-31 and then go 6-10 you keep your job....

3 hours ago, Orion said:

So Bloody Sunday has claimed Pagano and Del Rio so far.

A Pagano-Ariens reunion in CLE is something I could get interested in.

3 hours ago, Tacosman said:

Dorsey has some time for now....he'll be judged on this draft and the next draft.  

Im thinking our o/u next year will be 5.5 or so.  Will be interesting to see when we go 6-10 does hue then get another year?  I guess so...because if you start at 1-31 and then go 6-10 you keep your job....

O/U seems reasonable... I'll take the under.

Dorsey is in a great situation. He'd have to try to completely whiff on the draft position he inherited. Hue gets all the blame for the season to come. And Dorsey more high picks in 2019 for his new HC.

5 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

Hey dumbfock

Look at the record.

So pissing away a #1 would have been worth a couple wins?

Care to go for the rare triple fuc-king-moron?

On 12/30/2017 at 11:05 PM, D Bone said:

At 1-31 the Browns have to show continuity or they run the risk of looking foolish.......... 

1 - 31 IS continuity. WHo the hell would keep Hue?

45 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

1 - 31 IS continuity. WHo the hell would keep Hue?

Apparently Dee...... Now we can look forward to cementing our new found record of futility, and setting the bar so low that no team will ever approach it........ Happy New Year!!!! 

10 minutes ago, boo fagley said:

There are several facts.

1 Sashi Brown was fired because the Browns did not win or show improvement.

2 Haslam has identified that the QB position is the root of the Browns problems - which it is.

3 The new GMs first priority above all else is to find a QB per order of the owner.

4 Sashi Brown never found a QB or traded for a FA worth a fvck.

5 Kizer was the final nail in Sashis coffin and firing because Kizer sucks.

6 Youre still in camp Kizer because the kid shows promise per your observations, but youre also an idiot.

7 You are the guy that burns his own house down so his wife wont get half in the divorce and thinks that he has won even though he is now living under a bridge and drinking wine from a paper bag.

Wow... with one post you jumped all the way to a quadruple fuc-king-moron... and made sh!t up in the process while entirely ignoring an earlier question.

Well done...

1 minute ago, boo fagley said:

You still dont get it. Get tested for lead.

No, I get it... you have no argument... no defense for wanting to spend a high pick, the #4 overall on a FA QB.... so you make sh!t up in an effort to change the subject.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Jim Harbaugh to colts to re-join with Andrew luck after today's Michigan South Carolina game

Mickey Mouse is rumored to take over the clown show and has proposed Mini Mouse as his new DC. In a comment about her capabilities Mickey said, "Anyone who can maintain her virginity for oh so many years now, can certainly defend a goal line in Cleveland for God's sake."

4 hours ago, D Bone said:

Apparently Dee...... Now we can look forward to cementing our new found record of futility, and setting the bar so low that no team will ever approach it........ Happy New Year!!!! 

So we draft a QB #1, get a free agent veteran QB and a couple of other picks.  Hue still the coach.  Maybe an OC.  Maybe 4 wins max.  

update to who's out/in?...Fox-Out Bears,Caldwell-Out Lions,Pagano-Out Colts,Del Rio-Out Oakland--Chucky Gruden--IN at Oakland(sorry Tampa Bay)...Arians-Zona "likely"stepping down/shefner but not confirming at this point..NYG's now in GM Dave Getleman control with Spagnola holding HC for now?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Jim Harbaugh to colts to re-join with Andrew luck after today's Michigan South Carolina game

I’ve been saying that for a year now. 

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So we draft a QB #1, get a free agent veteran QB and a couple of other picks.  Hue still the coach.  Maybe an OC.  Maybe 4 wins max.  

With Hue as coach 0-16 again

3 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Yep, that would be one hell of a dream season with Huey at the helm. 

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

No, I do not.

The only reason why Jimmy was a FA is because Brady shows no signs of slowing down. Jimmy was tired of waiting even though NE had every intention on having him be the heir apparent. The Browns are win less even though they have a decent team, but you still kept that 1st rounder so youre winners in that regard, right?

Well, no, because you still have to go out and select a QB in this draft.

Well, yes... because we have two first-rounders and no QB instead of one 1st and no QB... unless your plan was to tag Jimmy after a few games. No better way to cement a relationship... just ask WSH.

As for the Pats... you have to know they have their next QB is right around the corner. Might even use their #1 on a QB for a change.

3 hours ago, boo fagley said:

Matt Patricia in line for the Lions job should they can their HC.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/01/lions-fire-jim-caldwell/

Also mentioned for the NYG job. I'm sure there will be more...

By The MMQB Staff
January 01, 2018

THE LATEST

Marvin Lewis, whose contract is up in Cincinnati, plans on taking his time before making a decision on his future. The Bengals are not expected to make an announcement on Monday.

The Bears have fired John Fox.

Jim Caldwell has been fired by the Lions; Detroit requests interview with Texans defensive coordinator Mike Vrabel.

Broncos GM John Elway is on the fence about Vance Joseph, but is now leaning toward keeping Joseph for a second season.

After a season-ending loss to the Chargers, Jack Del Rio said he has been fired by Oakland. All eyes now turn to Jon Gruden.

Chuck Pagano has been fired by the Colts.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/31/black-monday-coaching-changes-coaches-fired-chuck-pagano-jon-gruden-jack-del-rio-jim-caldwell

One old name mentioned in the article... Flipper. He's expected to get a look for the CHI HC job.

Ian Rappoport tweeted. . .

With one former #Browns  coach - Pat Shurmur - getting an interview with the #Lions, it reminds me of another: Mike Pettine spent the year consulting for the #Seahawks  & learning a new system. He will be a top DC candidate.

The coaching management in the NFL is so unbelievably stupid. The college football and NFL styles should change. It makes sense for a guy in the NFL to take 4 years to win a championship because there is so much parity. In college, the standard is to give a guy 4 years minimum even though the big schools can make a team in 2 years or less (see Meyer, Smart, Saban, Herman at Houston relative to their competition, etc.).

Really hope the needle moves away from this. Some of the firings that went down today were idiotic. 

Archived