THE BROWNS BOARD

Marvin Lewis leaving Bengals

Dutch Oven

32 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If he ends up in someone's front office instead of a coaching job, expect some additions to the Browns coaching staff.

And expect the Bengals to slide back into "Bungles" mode.

Agree on both things ... got a link, though?

Zombo

I like marvin lewis but a change of scenery might be good for both him and the team. The bengals never got over and his best players look to be aging out a bit. They're gonna go through another rebuild. 

Its too bad vontaze might be done, id love for the browns to get him on the cheap. And he would absolutely come here, or to the ravens, to still play the steelers twice a year. Gid I love vontaze just for that hatred he has for the steelers. With him theres no "awww shucks wally" after the games with pgh. 

8 minutes ago, Dawgs89 said:

My thinking was you need " continuity" with a head coach. After today, I am officially on the fire Hue bandwagon.

I hear ya man!  1-15 last year + 0-16 this year = continuity.  

How about we raise the bar to Sickvsucky?  

Marvin said in his post game presser that he has not made up his mind.

And the thought that Hue might jump to Cinci is gaining traction.

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Marvin said in his post game presser that he has not made up his mind.

And the thought that Hue might jump to Cinci is gaining traction.

Anyone volunteer to drive him to cincy after fishing him from the lake following the parade.

9 hours ago, Jp91761 said:

I think it’s a power play move by him. Threaten to leave so assistants get new contracts. Who flinches first?

Power play? I doubt that.......

.......Lewis has guided the Bengals to five straight playoff appearances from 2011-2015 and an 8-0 start in 2015, both firsts in franchise history, and holds the record for most wins as a Bengals head coach. Despite this success, Lewis has been unable to lead the Bengals to a postseason win. His seven postseason losses are the most of any coach who has never won a playoff game, and his 14 years as an NFL head coach make him second to Jim E. Mora for most seasons coached without a playoff win......

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

If he ends up in someone's front office instead of a coaching job, expect some additions to the Browns coaching staff.

And expect the Bengals to slide back into "Bungles" mode.

Word is the Ben-gals probably want Hue back.

7 hours ago, Dawgs89 said:

My thinking was you need " continuity" with a head coach. After today, I am officially on the fire Hue bandwagon.

DUMBEST LOGIC EVER. Continuity IS NOT an ingredient to building a successful team. Continuity IS what management engages in when something works.

Only a jackoff believes that sticking with failure woll grow into success. Dumbest fuscking thing I have ever read.....BUT BUT BUT....leave it to Browns fans to cling on to fuktard euphemisms.

I called.for firing Hue after 1 quarter of the first 2016 preseason game. You guys were so sure I was trolling.....but now.....2 years later....You fall in line.

Browns fans = Dumb fans

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

DUMBEST LOGIC EVER. Continuity IS NOT an ingredient to building a successful team. Continuity IS what management engages in when something works.

Only a jackoff believes that sticking with failure woll grow into success. Dumbest fuscking thing I have ever read.....BUT BUT BUT....leave it to Browns fans to cling on to fuktard euphemisms.

I called.for firing Hue after 1 quarter of the first 2016 preseason game. You guys were so sure I was trolling.....but now.....2 years later....You fall in line.

Browns fans = Dumb fans

I'm not a big fan of Hue Jackson, but the side of the coin you're espousing would be more fruitless.  Fire a guy after one quarter of one PRESEASON game?

In this age of instant gratification who knows?  That may happen.  Come out for 2nd quarter and announce that X is now the head coach.  Or the #1 draft pick is a bust, so he's been cut.

I can't see this being the model of success in any sport.  Certainly won't lead to going from 0-16 to 19-0 in one season that most people on these boards think is possible, when the owner doesn't want to spend money on FAs.

59 minutes ago, BrownPile said:

I'm not a big fan of Hue Jackson, but the side of the coin you're espousing would be more fruitless.  Fire a guy after one quarter of one PRESEASON game?

In this age of instant gratification who knows?  That may happen.  Come out for 2nd quarter and announce that X is now the head coach.  Or the #1 draft pick is a bust, so he's been cut.

I can't see this being the model of success in any sport.  Certainly won't lead to going from 0-16 to 19-0 in one season that most people on these boards think is possible, when the owner doesn't want to spend money on FAs.

BrownPile, it doesn't matter if you think what I am espousing is fruitless, because it is exactly the way a man should lead his life, run his business, and carry out his relationships. Most here do not have the IQ, life experience or the common sense to follow along with me, but I will do my best to teach a lesson.

You, like most here think that firing people left and right when they don't win, is my philosophy, when in fact I have never, ever, not once in all the time posting here espoused firing Hue or anyone else because of the team record. Wins and Losses, x's and O's don't mean schidt. They are not the measure of a man, not of a coach or football team. Wins and losses depend heavily on weather, refs, injuries, match ups, bounce of the ball and many more uncontrollable things.

I was correct in wanting Hue Jackson fired after 1 quarter of that first preseason game for glaring reasons.................

1) Penalties are something a HC should be able to reduce 75% of more by the time the first preseason game starts. Hue Jackson demonstrated no negligible change in that game. It demonstrated to me that he was lackadaisical, weak, probably a coward, and certainly in over his head. I predicted then, and I was right that his team would never amount to anything because they would always be penalty prone. Was I right? Did he even change that one bit?

2) Passive offense is the earmark of Bernie Kosar and Marty. Play not to lose. Explain gutless, unimaginative offense by blaming it on the level of talent, saying Hue really can't call the game he wants. BS. Hue is a coward. He showed that in his very first pre season game

3) Missed tackles, dropped passes, bad time management............ ALL things that are fixed in a mans very first training camp. Can you point to any improvement in any of those things that Hue made from that very first preseason game? No, you can't,, and you can't point to me being wrong on this, not in any single capacity.

So, how did I know Hue would never amount to crap? How did I know so early? The same way that I know Dorsey is a bust, another failure waiting to happen. He didn't come into town on a fire breathing dragon. Instead, he came here with his lips puckered to Haslams white chalky A$S. He came here building himself a hedge, a cushion to guarantee himself at least 2 years as our GM. Haslam announced Hue is not going anywhere, and Dorsey bent over and took it from day one.

And his blasting of Sashi? Do you not see how lacking in character this is? Do you not see how phony it is? Browns fans have been pissed, angry, ready to hang everyone..............so Haslam takes heat off himself by having Dorsey demonize the guy who is gone. So you feel better about that? As if, Dorsey is not taking any prisoners? Yes, urinate on the dead man and brag how tough you are.  Then, he denigrates his own players? Hey, if he is getting rid of all of them, then fine. But there are some decent players on this team.

So lookie here, this business of sticking to something, believing that if you just keep working hard, eventually things will gel. DO you believe that practice makes perfect? Honestly, do you? Because practice (persistence and continuity) does not make perfect, and it never has. PERFECT Practice makes perfect. A student using the wrong fingering on a scale will never master that scale, no matter how many times he repeats it. Hue Jackson is the student practicing improperly, and I recognized in immediately.

Success requires that a man have core principles, and strong, basic principles. Hard tackling, aggressive offense, no penalties, no dropped passes, on and on it goes. Hue has none of that. Dorsey does not either. His foundation of life is flawed. Simply based on the mistakes he has already made, his weakness of making the owner look good and giving the heathens a body to feast on, I will tell you hear and now, Dorsey is not of the right mettle and he will fare no better than the rest of our FO jackoffs. When the hard decisions have to be made, he will not pull from his core, but instead from what the fans, media and owner like and want.

Dorsey is a bum. The 2018 Browns will win 3 games, +/- 1 game. Just watch. 

13 hours ago, Flugel said:

If his interest in Cincy is the reason he keeps trying to make us gag on Kizer - Jimmy should fire Hue Jmistake today.   I highly doubt Hue is just learning of his buddy's desire to step down but I've been wrong before...

I wouldn't fire him until I tried to trade him to Cincy.  Coaches have been traded before.

On 12/17/2017 at 10:49 AM, Clevfan4life said:

I like marvin lewis but a change of scenery might be good for both him and the team. The bengals never got over and his best players look to be aging out a bit. They're gonna go through another rebuild. 

Its too bad vontaze might be done, id love for the browns to get him on the cheap. And he would absolutely come here, or to the ravens, to still play the steelers twice a year. Gid I love vontaze just for that hatred he has for the steelers. With him theres no "awww shucks wally" after the games with pgh. 

Love Vontaze. 

14 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I wouldn't fire him until I tried to trade him to Cincy.  Coaches have been traded before.

Trade him for the 2nd and 3rd the Bengals tried to get out of the Browns for McCarron...

On 12/18/2017 at 12:49 AM, Clevfan4life said:

Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

CLE got bounty hunter Greg Williams who promised to make the Defense mean.  No, not well-coached, no not win games, just mean.  His defenses have been mostly very average over his career, but I guess CLE considers average and mean to be an improvement. 

Burfict is a loser who targets the best of the best players for injury and his team has been very average, just like Williams' teams, but I guess average is an improvement for a CLE fan.

Maybe if you stopped loving evil and focused on discipline, your team would win a game. 

Marvin Lewis is a bad coach?

I seriously question some of your football intelligence. The Bengals were the one team we Browns fans used to laugh at, or at least think we were on equal footing with, before Marvin Lewis became their HC. He won four AFC North titles with an organization whose scouting team consisted of three guys looking over a Sporting News Draft Guide bought from a local Barnes and Noble bookstore.

.......and so on internet radio today I hear it thrown out there that the Bengals actually like Hue Jackson and might even consider trading for him in the offseason.

I actually heard that.   - Obviously, totally crazy....and almost too crazy for me to post.  

- imagine 1 & 31  or even 2 & 30 (I've been predicting most of the season that we get another Christmas gift) - could ya get a 7th round pick?

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Do you think the Browns would trade their HC to another AFC North rival?

....I do not think any team in their right minds would trade for him.

2 hours ago, finger Mellon said:

Your love for guys who like to hurt players has not gotten you anywhere.

Where was it supposed to have gotten me? Or where is that u think i think it was supposed to have gotten me? Confused? Good cause i dont fukking getbur connent at all. 

In any case, i dont like vontaze. He is everything u say he is. But id still love me some vontaze here in cleveland twice a season. Id love me some. 😁

Archived