THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!  :)   Our Cleveland Browns conclude their homestand  at FirstEnergy Stadium for their 2017 NFL season, as they host their AFC North rival and 7-6 Baltimore Ravens.  

Browns will try to repeat. duplicate. and salvage  a win in their home season finale as they have done Cody Parker kicked the game-winning field goal for Cleveland with less than eight minuites into the third quarter.  Browns avoided game tying field goals in the second half,  the one blocked by Browns  defensive tackle Jamie Meder, and the second   the Chargers kicker Josh Lambo missed his 27-yard attempt as  time expired.to preserve the Browns 20-17 win, back on Christmas Eve afternoon, December 24. 2016.

A win on Sunday would end a 16-game regular season losing streak, dating back to their 24-27 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the season finale at Heinz Field back on New Year's Day afternoon, and also a home win would be witnessed by both the Browns fans, and Jimmy Haslam from the owners box at First Energy Stadium for the second consecutive year. A win would also still leave the 2008 Detroit Lions as the only 0-16 winless team in the NFL.

This season though our Cleveland Browns will conclude their season with road games at the Chicago Bears, and again they close their season at the Steelers, as they began the season hosting the Steelers in Clevaland.

Tom McCarthy and Steve Beuelein are announcing the live TV commentary for The NFL On CBS's early regional game, including WOIO CBS Channel 19 in Cleveland, live on HD.

Cloudy skies at 37 degrees, feels like 31 degrees, is the game forecast inside First Energy Stadium for the 1:05PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 5% precipitation, 72% humidity, and south/southeastern winds at 14 miles per hour.

NO injuries, and try to win in your last home game of the year again in front of your home fans in attendance, and  Mr. Haslam, and BELIEVELAND!

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report.html

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/schedule-and-events/schedule.html

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m glad one of my friends wanted my tickets. Otherwise they would’ve went unused 

Raturds 31 Browns 13

Please Fire Hue Jackson!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Kizer gets hurt 1st quarter, Hogan throws 5 tds, 0 int and browns win 34-3.  Player of the week.

Hogan has a better chance of throwing 5 pick 6’s 

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I want a home victory so badly for our fans. Problem is, this is a terrible match up for us, and we just got our hearts broken last week. The Ravens are actually fighting for something (ahem...playoffs), so they're going to come out like gang busters and bring the pain. I'm serious, this game could get ugly and get there sooner than later. 

Ravens have been running the ball well lately, and we are now susceptible to the run without Ogbah and Collins. Expect lots of 3rd and shorts for the Ravens, and expect them to go for it on 4th down when in our territory. Making matters worse, our atrocious secondary is very beat up and we're in deep trouble against a very pedestrian Ravens passing attack. As if that wasn't bad enough, the Ravens' defense is still nasty and Terrell Suggs is already foaming at the mouth in anticipation of eating Deshone Kizer for lunch. Oh yeah, and the Ravens have like 20 interceptions on the year, and guess who leads the league in turnovers? Hint:  He plays for OUR team. 

My brain suppressed the previous Ravens game, but I'm guessing Kizer was miserable and we didn't score much (I went out on a limb). That being said, Kizer was very new and we didn't have Gordon or Coleman for some of the game. Additionally, Kizer played better against the Bengals the 2nd time around, so maybe he improves again this week. I wouldn't COUNT on it, but it is possible. Our defense got severely exposed last week in the short passing game, and our defensive coordinator inexplicably failed to adjust (the 4th and 1 where our DB was 5 yards off the line?!). The Ravens traditionally take more 5 and 7 step drops, so I'm hoping Myles Garrett will have a bigger impact. We need him to have THAT game and make the kind of plays that win games. 

I have a xmas family get-together today back home at 2, most likely I'll miss most of the Browns game.

How sad is it that I'm more concerned about getting home in time to watch most of the Pats/Steelers game than I am about missing the entire Browns game? Sigh...

Archived