THE BROWNS BOARD

Hypothetical

Jp91761

Disclosure I’m a Notre Dame fan. I really like kizer as a pro but i thought he should have sat this year or if he played he should have been handing it off 85% of the time. I thought the browns were a 7 win team before they cleaned house in preseason. As ridiculous as it is osweiller should have stayed to teach. 

Welcome to the Board...Kizer’s not getting pass waivers to PS. We’re either carrying 3 active? Or 2 with Kess maybe PS. Hogan’s contract is up but Dorsey drafted him. 

You keep Kizer. He's come a ways... still has quite a ways to go... but he's not plateaued as yet.

On Bradford... just can't trust him to be there. If not Smith, there is Chase Daniel to consider. He has history with Dorsey and is an FA in 2018.

Thank you Gumby. I followed the browns back when god-forbid i say his name but Brady Quinn. He is a great face for a franchise but he was terrible. But so was Derek Anderson and Charlie fry. 

In in regards to someone picking kizer up through waivers, i can see multiple teams jumping on him. Trading could get tougher to sell. Would someone give up a 2 for him? If i was Dorsey I’d jump on it. A 3?, I’d probably hold. 

Even though the record doesn’t indicate it, i think the browns have a ton of pieces (shown in the last 5 games) to be 7-9 wins next year. Poor qb play, drops and prevent defenses killed them. 

On a side note, i found this site a couple weeks ago. Some funny comments. I’m glad i stumbled on this instead of reading Mary Kay and listening to Wilhelm and zegura. I do enjoy listening to them but they never rip the front office or players specifically cuz they are employed by them. 

7 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

You keep Kizer. He's come a ways... still has quite a ways to go... but he's not plateaued as yet.

On Bradford... just can't trust him to be there. If not Smith, there is Chase Daniel to consider. He has history with Dorsey and is an FA in 2018.

I’m more of a college football fan than pro but I’m getting into it more after following the browns this year. 

Im not a fan of chase Daniels. id almost rather have Derek Anderson. He did some good stuff a Missouri but that’s college ball. I haven’t even heard his name in the pros since he left. Where’d he get drafted, the giants?  When discussing things on a board and typing i throw out the question without going to look it up. It’s not that important for me to find the answer 

20 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Agree with ya Tour. Smith is due to make $14 million next year. Something we can easily afford. One of our second round picks enough to do it? Preferably the one we got from the Eagles. Hope the AJ McCarron stuff has died down. I doubt Dorsey would let Hue overpay for his QB pal. 

Keep Kizer and draft a QB high. 

21 minutes ago, Jp91761 said:

I’m more of a college football fan than pro but I’m getting into it more after following the browns this year. 

Im not a fan of chase Daniels. id almost rather have Derek Anderson. He did some good stuff a Missouri but that’s college ball. I haven’t even heard his name in the pros since he left. Where’d he get drafted, the giants?  When discussing things on a board and typing i throw out the question without going to look it up. It’s not that important for me to find the answer 

Ravens... took DA in the 6th back in 2005. Currently backing up Cam in Carolina.

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Agree with ya Tour. Smith is due to make $14 million next year. Something we can easily afford. One of our second round picks enough to do it? Preferably the one we got from the Eagles. Hope the AJ McCarron stuff has died down. I doubt Dorsey would let Hue overpay for his QB pal.

Maybe less, h.... KC is in a cap bind and unhossing Smith's contract via a trade is an easy out.

KC should be looking to gain some picks back in 18 too, Hoorta...Bills have KC 1st rounder for McHolmes..We have KC 5th for Erving..KC gave a 7th to 49'ers...KC in 2018 has 1 pick in 2nd,3rd,4th,6th & gained back a 7th rounder from Zona..  

You're right, hoorta, there should be a second in the Browns acquisition of Alex Smith --- KC sending their 2nd to Cleveland for us to take the salary of yet another washed-up QB.

KC have issues with the cap thanks to their/our GM, not Cleveland. 

As my favorite WWF tag team taught us to say... "And If You're Not Down With That, KC, We've Got Two Words For You: Suck It"

Archived