THE BROWNS BOARD

New Roster Additions

BrownsFan4Evr

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

Define "often." I can think of basically no other examples than the one you cited (which I am again assuming was done by a woman and/or someone new to the game), and maybe the diplomas they give away and other official academic items.

Obviously around here OSU refers to Oklahoma. Didn't know it was that way elsewhere too. I assumed there was no standard "OSU." I'm going to venture to guess that folks in California and Massachusetts and Utah and Georgia don't assume OSU refers to Ohio State. So yeah, Gipper's wrong again.

But nevertheless, the larger point was no one calls LSU Louisiana State, and Gipper arguing it is just his contrarianism, and not any actual pursuit of the truth.

You are proving to be a DumbAssTexan.  Yes, it is most often called LSU.///I most often call it that.  But to essentially say that it is never referred to as "Louisiana State" is just wrong and stupid. 

As for your assumption that people in other parts of the country don't think of OSU as Ohio state....you would almost certainly be wrong.....as you are relying for your position on Boo Fagley to support you.

Now...do you see how dumb that makes you look.

But....go ahead.  Google just OSU and see what comes up.    Here, I will help you in case you are too dumb to google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=OSU&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS775US775&oq=OSU&aqs=chrome..69i57.1439j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

10 hours ago, wargograw said:

Google "Louisiana State." The LSU website and its Wikipedia comes up. Outside of that everything on the first page is related to the state generally, not the school. 

Type in Ohio State and it gives you a snapshot of the football team's schedule and results, Ohio State football news, and EVERY LISTING on the first page is related to the university.

Type in OSU...as I just have.....and EVERY listing on the first page refers to Ohio State.  Then about half way through the second page there is a reference to Oregon State.

Of the first 21 listings, 20 are related to Ohio State.   #11 references Oregon State....then Oklahoma State comes up at the 22 listing.

51 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Type in OSU...as I just have.....and EVERY listing on the first page refers to Ohio State.  Then about half way through the second page there is a reference to Oregon State.

Of the first 21 listings, 20 are related to Ohio State.   #11 references Oregon State....then Oklahoma State comes up at the 22 listing.

Must be an Ohio thing... google knows where you live!

Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

Under "news" it's a mix of Cowboy, Buckeye and Beaver articles in that order.

On 12/16/2017 at 12:16 PM, Tour2ma said:

Here if you google "all" most of page one is about some Australian rhythm game. Then it mentions Oregon State, then Oklahoma State....

I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

Also....I think it may also matter if you capitalize OSU.    If you don't, if you put in osu....you might get more about that game.

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't know.....does it make a difference where you live when you Google something?

Haven't you ever gone in a trip, let's say to México, and suddenly got, even when you were back home, adds and pop ups in Spanish? It happens the same with Google. It tries to guess it according to your location and your search history, among other data.

This summer I went to Ukraine for 10 days and I still get adds in cyrillic sometimes.

49 minutes ago, Nero said:

Haven't you ever gone in a trip, let's say to México, and suddenly got, even when you were back home, adds and pop ups in Spanish? It happens the same with Google. It tries to guess it according to your location and your search history, among other data.

This summer I went to Ukraine for 10 days and I still get adds in cyrillic sometimes.

So, what do you get there in Spain when you Google OSU.    Do it both ways  OSU in caps, and osu in small letters.

'osu/OSU' (it shows same results to me)

https://osu.ppy.sh/

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osu!

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/osu!

If I search 'OSU college' it shows me 2 first about Ohio St. U, third about Oklahoma, and fourth about Oregon, but probably it's biased as IIRC I have already searched for Ohio State University before.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Also....I think it may also matter if you capitalize OSU.    If you don't, if you put in osu....you might get more about that game.

It does. I am in West Virginia so it popped up almost exclusively Ohio State sites/articles.

On 12/16/2017 at 10:12 AM, The Gipper said:

You are proving to be a DumbAssTexan.  Yes, it is most often called LSU.///I most often call it that.  But to essentially say that it is never referred to as "Louisiana State" is just wrong and stupid. 

As for your assumption that people in other parts of the country don't think of OSU as Ohio state....you would almost certainly be wrong.....as you are relying for your position on Boo Fagley to support you.

Now...do you see how dumb that makes you look.

But....go ahead.  Google just OSU and see what comes up.    Here, I will help you in case you are too dumb to google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=OSU&rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS775US775&oq=OSU&aqs=chrome..69i57.1439j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

On 12/16/2017 at 11:16 AM, Tour2ma said:

Same here, Gipper. The news articles were all Ohio related but there was only one actual link going to an Ohio State page, while Oklahoma State and Oregon State both had one as well.

Nevertheless, you're deflecting, as you completely ignored the results about googling "Louisiana State," and that's what this discussion is primarily centered around. Thanks for playing.

15 hours ago, wargograw said:

Same here, Gipper. The news articles were all Ohio related but there was only one actual link going to an Ohio State page, while Oklahoma State and Oregon State both had one as well.

Nevertheless, you're deflecting, as you completely ignored the results about googling "Louisiana State," and that's what this discussion is primarily centered around. Thanks for playing.

You were saying that it is more often called LSU than "Louisiana State".   I never disagreed with that. But you claimed that it was NEVER called Louisiana State by anyone. Obviously that was wrong.  Thanks for playing and losing.

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You were saying that it is more often called LSU than "Louisiana State".   I never disagreed with that. But you claimed that it was NEVER called Louisiana State by anyone. Obviously that was wrong.  Thanks for playing and losing.

Outside of the few context I mentioned, and this likely female reporter, that is correct.

• 4 weeks later...

6 more & Dorsey seems to find guys that were at least drafted(2 more) a 5th in DB Corey White & 6th in RB Kelvin Taylor. What do the A&M guys remember about OL Joesph Cheek? Remember some liking LB Max Bullough coming out of Michigan State?  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/12/16886568/six-more-players-signed-to-reserve-future-contracts-by-browns  

Cheek was a legacy player @A&M. Father also played and was a 4 year pro. Been on PS with NO $ KC so Dorsey has some familiarity about his current status/potential as a player. Has to be better than Cam Erving was. LOL!

5 hours ago, gumby73 said:

6 more & Dorsey seems to find guys that were at least drafted(2 more) a 5th in DB Corey White & 6th in RB Kelvin Taylor.

Remember some liking LB Max Bullough coming out of Michigan State?  https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2018/1/12/16886568/six-more-players-signed-to-reserve-future-contracts-by-browns  

Aren't drafted discards easy to find??? ;)

I remember liking some of Bullough's tape... especially vs. the run, but his Combine was pretty soul crushing for hopes of getting any Pass D out of him as a ILB/MLB.

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Aren't drafted discards easy to find??? ;)

I remember liking some of Bullough's tape... especially vs. the run, but his Combine was pretty soul crushing for hopes of getting any Pass D out of him as a ILB/MLB.

sounds like Max could upgrade special teams & maybe grow from there with Tank now looking contract..I'd have to look at farmer/sashi getting drafted FA's.not many but sashi got OLmen Rob? Johnson.. comes to mind on expiring 1st round money..that did not last long..but he's starting somewhere..jets? 

29 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Rob? Johnson.. comes to mind on expiring 1st round money..that did not last long..but he's starting somewhere..jets? 

OT Rod Johnson? 2017 draftee Roderick Johnson who spent the year on IR?

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

OT Rod Johnson? 2017 draftee Roderick Johnson who spent the year on IR?

sorry my bad..OL from UNC... Jonathan Cooper was my thought that sash got..now at dallas..Now FSU's Roderick Johnson, JT's got a lot of work with that one..

Joseph Cheek is really really bad (at least was in his last year of college). Benched by the end of the year.

Some buddies of mine was lamenting how thing and pretty-boyish our OL was relative to the rest of the league. Someone said, "I've dated women uglier than Joseph Cheek."

• 2 weeks later...

*** Mods *** May want to pin this for a while...

Three more yesterday...

Cleveland Browns sign three players

Updated Jan 31, 12:09 PM; Posted Jan 31, 12:08 PM

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The Browns added three new players to their roster on Wednesday, the team announced. Tight end Devon Cajuste, defensive back Denzel Rice and offensive lineman Christian Schneider all signed with the team.

Cajuste and Schneider are both officially in their first NFL seasons. Cajuste signed with San Francisco as an undrafted free agent in 2016 out of Stanford and spent most of his rookie season on Green Bay's practice squad. Schneider was a part of Green Bay's rookie minicamp last season and was a four-year starter at right tackle at UC-Davis.

Rice originally signed with Philadelphia as an undrafted free agent in 2015 and has appeared in seven games, four with the Eagles in 2015 and three with the Texans in 2016. He spent time on Indianapolis' practice squad last season.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Possibly a few "more seasoned" people for special teams than we had last year......which I believe in fact cost us perhaps a few games.  One for sure:  Green Bay.

freaking green bay I was in Vegas that weekend and I guess i was drinking to much cause i bet on the Browns to win

Archived